It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when you look in the mirror and see a "terrorist"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well, for starters you get the Patriot Act, you get the TSA groping your children, you get government monitoring and control of the Internet, you get an uninvited guest listening in on your phone calls, you get special interrupt alerts from DHS on your cell phones, you get "Big Sis" telling you on video screens in your friendly retail store that if you "See something - Say something", etc. I'm sure many of you here can add your own items to our loss of freedoms and rights since the events of 9/11 which were supposed to be temporary measures focused on identifying and capturing terrorists. With the recent OBL story, apparently some people seemed to have an idea that many of these intrusive methods and invasive procedures would come to an end. It must be a terrible shock and surprise for some, to find that instead, the stripping away of our liberty seems to be in a ramping up process. Can't help but to wonder who the government thinks is the "terrorist" anymore.
There are many insightful posts already on ATS concerning 9/11 and OBL, but I think the link to the article at the end of this post provides a very important perspective and aspect I hadn't considered before.
Where and when does it end?
theintelhub.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Could not agree more with you. I was doing a paper recently about the TSA molesting children. Ive been planning a trip to the Philippines to see my wife's family. But i hate to take my nine year old daughter into a place where a complete stranger without any credentials whatsoever may touch her private parts. The TSA allows people off the streets to work for them. Put to the situation i think i may snap just imagining the situation makes my blood boil. Twenty years ago this wouldn't have been tolerated. I wonder whether these issues were the first to arise as hitler slowly tightened his grips on Germany?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Is it really that bad in America? Is it true 1 million americans are on the nofly list?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Is it really that bad in America? Is it true 1 million americans are on the nofly list?

Not even close. For the majority of Americans, day-to-day life hasn't changed one bit. Flying is the same. I do it all the time. I've never had to do the TSA search, but I'd just do the machine if asked. I've only seen one or two people get patted down. In fact, Mexico has much more stringent security measures in their airports.

I don't do anything differently now than I did 10 years ago. Americans tend to confuse a loss of convenience with a loss of rights.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Is it possible that you are letting your imagination run riot here? Thousands of children go through TSA checkpoints all over the country every day and they don't get molested. My theory as to why these children don't get molested is that. I do not believe the TSA simply drags people in off the street to be airport screeners. The TSA employees are carefully selected and trained to do a very tough and often disagreeable job. In the main they (the TSA employees) are not very different from you and me in that they are just trying to their job.

As for "junk grabbing" well the problem doesn't seem to be TSA perversion but rather that some terrorists or would be terrorists have put weapons/explosives right where their "junk" is.

If you want to worry about government agencies try the 18 or so intel agencies led by the famous/infamous CIA, NSA, DIA, NRO, ONI and so on.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Terrorists are just grown up bullies.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by Cassius666

Not even close. For the majority of Americans, day-to-day life hasn't changed one bit. Flying is the same. I do it all the time. I've never had to do the TSA search, but I'd just do the machine if asked. I've only seen one or two people get patted down. In fact, Mexico has much more stringent security measures in their airports.

I don't do anything differently now than I did 10 years ago. Americans tend to confuse a loss of convenience with a loss of rights.

I concur. I regularly fly between two major airports and have never been patted down and only had to go through the x-ray machine once. There are some very simple rules to follow and you won't have any problems. I don't think anyone is snooping my email, or opening up my mail or tapping my phones. That is logistically impossible. As for the 1 million Americans on no fly list, I doubt it. There may be 1 million persons on the list world wide, but I suspect most are not Americans. Our no fly list also includes foreign nationals that we don't want on planes heading towards America for obvious reasons.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Hell, it might even be referring to people who happen to share name with a person on the no-fly list. IIRC there's been a few press reports, where minors were stopped from flying due to their name.

Oh, and sort of off-topic, but when people complain about being groped in the political incorrect places, I can't help thinking of a local football (the real kind, not the American variation) derby that was played a few years ago, where a bunch of wanna-be hooligans lit up a hell of a lot of fireworks and sent it flying across various parts of the stadium. Since pyro is banned from stadiums (for all sorts of reasons), everyone was up in arms about they managed to smuggle in that much pyroworks.

Afterwards, when the authorities interviewed some of the people they had held back, they were told of the various methods they had used to smuggle in it. Some of it had been carried in by kids down to 4-5 years old, some by persons (both men and women) carrying it up against their private parts, and some even by women wearing a prosthetic device that made them look pregnant - while they were in reality carrying several pounds of flares!
edit on 11-5-2011 by roboe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I imagine if I were to hold a mirror on the senate floor and look past myself, I would see several terrorists.
2nd line.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lunatux

No really i think its gone overboard and if you will look at the requirements for employmen as a tsa screener here they are

www.wisegeek.com...

Requirements is that you have a GED or highschool degree.

www.ehow.com...

100 hours of on the job training to become a screener...

Now the plethera of internet hits of child molestation just search for airport security and children
About 8,190,000 results

Glad you dont have problems when flying but dont be a disinformation agent

The numbers speak for themsolves .
How many cases of mishandling of our children go unreported considering you get 8,190,000 results

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

How many cases of mishandling of our children go unreported considering you get 8,190,000 results

None. What constitutes mishandling? What do you think happens in those extremely rare incidents where TSA agents may have to search a child? Do you think one agent wisks the child away to some bathroom and does as he or she pleases? That's not what happens. No search is done with just one agent in the room. The parents are always right there. This is just hyperbole and misinformation meant to enflame the paranoid and the ignorant.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

Several months ago had to install equipment for a major airline at JFK airport in New York. It required me to
go from the ticket/check in counters to the "sterile" area inside the terminal numerous times - sometimes up
tweleve per day.

Each time had to go through security each trip. While removing belts/shoes and emptying pockets, then going
through Xray and being check never had a problem......

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
we are only terrorists in the eyes of the evil. its true, we terrorize them, with truth and logic. and they deserve nothing less, but certainly more.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by Shaiker

None. What constitutes mishandling? What do you think happens in those extremely rare incidents where TSA agents may have to search a child? Do you think one agent wisks the child away to some bathroom and does as he or she pleases? That's not what happens. No search is done with just one agent in the room. The parents are always right there. This is just hyperbole and misinformation meant to enflame the paranoid and the ignorant.

So all these people posting the videos of these people grabbing and searching children did not happen it was photo shopped am I right .US law states that the youching of a minors genitalia by a stranger is considered sexual abuse.

The 4th amendments states we have the right from unreasonable searches. Does patting down a screaming child or an 8 month old seem reasonable to you.

I raised my child to scream when a stranger attempts anything out of the ordinary. Do i really have to tell her that its ok for someone to touch her their.

This guy seems like an agent with that i will halt my posts as i don't want suits knocking on my door.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle
you get "Big Sis" telling you on video screens in your friendly retail store that if you "See something - Say something",

over here near Philly, we have a no snitching policy.

2nd, it would appear that unless you work for the authorities, or the government, or have a state or federal job, you are, infact a TERRORIST.

I've been on the heavy screening random bag check since 01. I made a thread about it, my first. Everytime I show up I get a big red line on my ticket, and I get "extra" screening. I asked why, and they said my name is similar to that of a terrorist.. SURE it is.. apparently being a Jr makes you a terrorist. like I said.. you dont have a government job, you are considered a terrorist.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The War on Terror is basically a cover for Class Warfare, which the American Government is aggressively pursuing against its own citizens and residents. This began with Johnson in the 60's with the militarization of the police force, continued with Nazi wannabe Nixon and has evolved to this day with many technological advances which are being used against the American people. Most Americans are too busy blindly waving flags and being obsessed with made for TV terrorists to realize this.

When peaceful demonstrators get the crap beat out of them in places such as Seattle, Minneapolis and Pittsburgh and elected officials completely ignore the constitutionality of such brutal attacks, you know the fix is in (unless you're a moron). How about when the Government and AT&T work together to spy on Americans? No problem, how much do you want Americans to bend over? The Patriot Act is fast tracked through and some people believe it only results in a small loss of convenience. Yeah, you just keep on believing that one. By the time you realize it's a crock of bullfrog, unfortunately it will be too late.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Wow, the responses are truly enlightening. I am somewhat perplexed however, by some of the comments in light of the article which attempted to highlight the motives for the enormous expansion of so-called "security" methods in relation to the fabricated stories surrounding 9/11. Especially, in reference to the manipulations of the recent events concerning OBL and the lack of any factual documented evidence connecting him with 9/11.

The Founding Fathers of the USA, provided invaluable documents protecting the rights, liberties and freedoms of citizens of this country, for which millions of men and women have been willing to sacrifice their lives to defend on behalf of loved ones and future generations. It seems particularly strange, that apparently some people consider these irreplaceable principles as mere "conveniences" that can easily be given away in the interest of illusionary protection from a manufactured fear.

This is how tyranny begins.

True security begins with continuing to protect and defend those individual rights, liberties and freedoms - Not by willingly surrendering them to a "Police State" in exchange for false promises.

new topics

top topics

join