It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want my sky car!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Where are those things, and why don't we have them yet

It seems like they have them, 40 years in the making, whats the hold up. why don't we have one yet.

From the looks of it they keep this for the elite, they must be well in advance from what they show in this pic.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b8e1c6a30d7.jpg[/atsimg]

M. Moller estimates a cruising speed of 300 km/h and top speed of 500 km/h.
it runs on bio-ethanol 11,7 litres for 100 km.
Comfirmed in 2011 to come out in 2012. No word on it since.

TextDAVIS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/18/11 -- Moller International (OTCBB: MLER) ("The Company") is pleased to announce that they have scheduled a demonstration flight of its ethanol-fueled M400 Skycar volantor. This invitation-only media event is scheduled to take place on October 11, 2011 in Vacaville, CA. Over 250 members of the domestic and international press have already indicated an interest in attending this historic flight.
websitewww.moller.com...

Will a flying car ever become part of every day living.
Where is my flying car

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

it runs on bio-ethanol 11,7 litres for 100 km

There's your answer. Big oil will NEVER allow these to become a reality.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Will a flying car ever become part of every day living.
Where is my flying car-----Well, do you have a pilot's license?

I think that when cars will be able to drive themselves "Efficiently" then, we may think about flying vehicles. Google might be on the right path with their Google Car
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Jump off a building, you'll fly for a little while.

link   
My friend, the thought of flying cars in the hands of our populace terrifies me to no end. As much of a blast as it would be, I would not wanna be flying the skies along with the percentage of "sky car fliers" who would likely be impaired in some way. It's bad enough driving among them on the roadway...at least you have a chance of survival. Crashing into another sky car AND crashing to the ground brings your odds of survival down quite a bit, I would think.

I'm sure it's the wave of the future, though. It is hella cool. I'm curious how much more red tape there would be for something like this....a pilot's license?

link   
My god people, do you not realize how poorly some people drive an automobile!
Take a look around the next time you go to a store in a car.

Now multiply this with an skycar that does not stop or turn quickly and also goes much faster then a car.
I don't know about you but I don't want one of these in my bedroom in the middle of the night. Also all police cars will have to be changed to accommodate this along with licensing and traffic laws - mass production of this is not going to happen overnight or even in the next 20 years!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

I kind of think that they soon they will have no choice to let the alternative come out, maybe not flying but, electrical, solar powerd, or... they have no choice.

I think it's one of the reasons why gas prices are up. they can see the end of gas monopoly.
they are milking while they still can, once a good alternative is on market we will not be prepared to accepte their
high prices any more.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Hey, I remember this from my old Wheels & Wings collection when I was a kid!

Definitely cool looking, but in hindsight not necessarily the best idea. A plane that loses power is shaped to glide, but these...if you lose a fan or power altogether, I can only imagine they'd drop pretty much like a rock.

Now, jetwings though...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Spot on! People just think things through sometimes. (We're all guilty of that though, from time to time)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I would like see Pegusus biologically re-engineered. Horses are smart, they can see and avoid other airborne obects and all you have to do is land and let them graze to feed 'em. Cheap transpo and a good buddy!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
People can't even handle driving on roads. It never ceases to amaze me how many seemingly retarded people are behind the wheel... making left turns from the right lane... driving 45mph in a 65mph zone... making right turns in front of traffic then accelerating slowly... driving 5mph under the speed limit in the fast lane even though the right lane is completely clear.

We don't deserve sky cars. People are too stupid.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
They are just ACE! Funny as I was just saying how much I wanted to own and use a hovercraft the other day... bring it on I say

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I remember people being scared of cars in the same way.
I would not be afraid more then with a simple airplane..
It's more dangerous in a car then in a plane..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

Yet another conspiracy that, when actually examined, doesn't hold water - there is not a thing "big oil" can do to stop bio-ethanol development or production, nor vehicles based on it.

The Ethanol lobby is just as big as "big oil", it holds massive sway over US politicians because its big bucks for producers and consumers in tax credits. Take some time to see just how damaging it is to a politicians career when they try and move away from ethanol tax beneficial laws - the ethanol lobby can replace senators.

But aside from that, "big oil" isn't really "big oil" - check out the portfolios of all the large oil producing, refining and and importing companies and you will be surprised, oil is actually only a small part of their portfolios. And, surprisingly enough, most oil companies would love to not have to sell to the transport market, because their money is made in plastics and other oil products, not necessarily petrol/gas.

Flying cars fail on their merits, not because someone is out to get them.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by mkkkay

Hey, I remember this from my old Wheels & Wings collection when I was a kid!

I remember it also, it was even the same color

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
According to a Google Earth screenshot they already have them in Australia:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/589ebc70697d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
I remember people being scared of cars in the same way.
I would not be afraid more then with a simple airplane..
It's more dangerous in a car then in a plane..

What an utterly insane comment, seriously.

Yes, more people die in car accidents than plane accidents, but thats a simple fact that there are more individual cars on the road - not to mention that its orders of magnitude harder to get a pilots license and insurance for an aircraft is significantly more expensive.

The failure modes of aircraft are already worse than that of cars - with a car, if something fundamental breaks, chances are significantly in your favour that you will survive. With an aircraft, you are more likely going to suffer at least serious injury, unless you have both a very good pilot, very good luck, and everything else is in your favour (you have enough altitude, speed and control to be able to make a suitable airfield that is in range, and the weather isnt interfering in your emergency).

Never before have I read such a braindead comment as yours - aircraft are more dangerous than cars, especially when you put a typical driver into a pilots seat (the two or three dozen aviation accidents that make the news a year will become two or three dozen a day, and then they will gradually fade into the background as has happened with murders and car accidents).

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Spot on! People just think things through sometimes. (We're all guilty of that though, from time to time)
There are far fewer things to hit up in air, just 100 feet above the ground. Birds, bats and other planes mostly.

Try driving a car in a straight line for 20 miles, starting out from your driveway, no turns allowed.... I'm thinkin' you're going to hit something. Thinking things through more.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think if these were going to be released to the public, then some serious training and restrictions would apply.

Mandatory pilot lessons, and then a test.

People having to stick to flight paths, plus flying at a specific altitude.

It would also have to have some kind of breathalyser installed, possibly having that done before the engine(s) will even start, just to make sure people don't drink and fly

So yeah if the right amount of thought is put into how the general public will use them, then why not?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by TDawgRex

There are far fewer things to hit up in air, just 100 feet above the ground. Birds, bats and other planes mostly.

Try driving a car in a straight line for 20 miles, starting out from your driveway, no turns allowed.... I'm thinkin' you're going to hit something. Thinking things through more.

There are more things to go wrong in an aircraft - if your engine stops in your car, you roll the car to the shoulder and stop, but if it stops when you are 20,000ft up, you have to find a suitable airfield, pray that you have enough ability to make it, pray that nothing else goes wrong.

You also neglect to mention two big things that affect aircraft much greater than cars - weather and stupidity. Get a rainstorm in a car, and if its worse enough you just pull over, but normally you can carry on - but in an aircraft, its easy for a rainstorm to obliterate your horizon, which puts you on Instrument Flight Rules. There is a reason that IFR comes with its own certification requirements for pilots, its easy to get disorientated under IFR and lose the aircraft even when all systems are working fine.

At night, the same thing occurs - IFR only, no headlights to light the road in front of you, disorientation is easily done and again you lose the plane.

Descent rates, air temperatures, winds that change direction very suddenly (a 40mph wind from one direction completely flipping itself as you pass through a 200ft window and all of a sudden you have to cope with a tail wind rather than a head wind, and you have just lost essentially an extra 80mph of assisted lift). There are plenty of very very serious hazards an aircraft pilot has to cope with that a car driver doesn't even think about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join