It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you know God without understanding or recognizing his perfect works?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Can you know God without understanding or recognizing his perfect works?

The whole notion of knowing and following God, is to know how he works and thinks, tied to a belief that he is perfect in all things and has the miracle at hand to create things the way he wants.

Scripture tells us to look to the universe around us for proof of his reality. Logic and reason tell us the same thing. This indicates that we should see the perfection of his works all around us.

Deut 32;4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Mat 7;18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The logic trail of these two verses says that God’s works all begin as perfect and that that perfection is maintain and passed up through history.

I like to think I know a bit about God because, as I look about, I see that ever lasting perfection as it moves to a more perfect state over time. Evolving perfection.
Consider a baby, all babies including you and I.
We all begin life as perfect as nature, or God, can produce with our DNA and all other conditions at hand. This is a truth even if we are born with flaws and is irrefutable in terms of both nature, logic, reason and the Bible.

This truth led to my apotheosis and knowledge of God and nature.
I offer it here for your contemplation and comments.

I cannot see anything that would my view but am willing to listen. If you cannot see the perfection that I do, then I will try to persuade you.

Perhaps the best way to begin would be in you opining on the following and telling me whether you think it is a cynical view of life or if it is a real and true view of life.

Candide
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Perfect. Define perfect?

Would you describe the laryngeal nerve of the giraffe as perfect?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

God's creations are wonderful, His love is overwhelming.
Let us all rejoice.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PoopDawg

Yeah, isn't cancer great?! I also love devastating earthquakes and deadly tornadoes! Oh glory.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

You are obviously too immature to understand, so I wont bother.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

How can you as a finite being ever comprehend the infinite? We know virtually nothing about 95% of the universe, I'm not so egotistical that I can presume to know anything about god. I can believe whatever I want of course but I cannot know, and neither can anyone else.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

Well said. I can TRY to imagine infinity. The mandelbrot set and the fibonacci sequence certainly help

Peace

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

What is up with the party Popper's today?
Wouldn't it make sense to post somewhere else?
Like the I'm going to hell section.
Lol jk
But seriously Jesus said its possible to know God.
Don't disagree with our Lord.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yahweh said to kill the Amalekites, to kill their children. To stop an entire race.

Just because God states ethnic cleansing is "ok" - Doesn't make it moral.
edit on 11/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Human morals do not apply to him, God wiped out the entire earth with a flood.
you know that expression mom's use all the time? "I brought you into this world, I'll take you out of it."
It's kinda like that. God has every right to do what he pleases with his creation, it wouldn't have had to happen if they would have just obeyed.
On a lighter note, all children go to heaven so good for them.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

So you really do believe that geological events are dictated by a supernatural authority?

That's interesting. Haiti? Punishment for sin, right? Hurricane katrina? Punishment for sin, right?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Now you say that 'God' is perfect. Well you are correct, only 1/2 of it, because 'God' is not the perfect term for the Heavenly Father. Go look up what God means in Hebrew where this comes from, it is spelled G-D in Massoretic spelling and pronounced 'Gawd'. Also the Name 'Gad' was also pronounced 'Gawd', and Gad was also a Canaanite, Syrian Sun Deity. Gad was also the deity of Luck and fortune. Why you calling on luck and fortune for salvation? Are you using chance to think you will be saved?

The Father has a proper Name, so what is His Name?

Isaiah 65:11 "But you are those who forsake YHWH(Yahuwah), who forget My set-apart mountain, who prepare a table for Gad(pronounced 'gawd' also means Fortune), and who fill a drink offering for Meni (destiny or also can mean demons)."

Hosea 2:16-17 " And it shall be, in that day, "decalares YHWH(Yahuwah), "that you call Me 'My Husband', (Ishi) and no longer call Me 'My Ba'al' (or my lord).
17 And I shall remove the names of the Ba'al from her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name."

Go look up the Strongs Concordance Online www.blueletterbible.org...
It clearly says that you will no longer call Me Ba'al or (LORD). Lord comes from Baal, and every Christian is calling on a Pagan deity. Strongs # 1168.

If you want to walk perfect, and know the truth, like it says in Scripture over 40 times, then you should be calling the Heavenly Father by His Name, for it is Set-Apart, and is the Name above all Names, hence the singular. If you don't lift up His Name, you therefore break the 3rd commandment by bringing his name to naught/vain (meaningless, worthlessness, unimportance).

Psalms 8:1 "O YHWH(Yahuwah), our Master, how excellent is Your Name in all the earth, You who set Your splendour above the heavens!

Note: 'Name' is in the singular.

Phillipians 2:9-11 " Alahym, therefore, has highly exalted Him and Given Him the name which is above every name,

Note: 'Name is in the singular'

10 that the Name of Yahuwshuwah every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of the those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11 and every tongue should confess that Yahuwshuwah Messiah is Master, to the esteem of Alahym the Father."

Yahuwshuwah is the Name spoken by the angel Gabriel to Mary(Miryam) from Heaven, and its the only Name we are to be saved by, read Acts 4:9-12. On whose authority is there to change the Name given from Heaven??

And you can live perfect, why would Scripture tell us to do that if it were not possible? Did the Messiah lie or does it mean you don't believe you can be pefect by Him?

Matthew 5:48 "Therefore, be perfect, as your Father in the heavens is perfect."

John 5:14 This speaks of the man by the pool called Beyth Zatha that was healed by Yahuwshuwah the Messiah.
14 Afterward Yahuwshuwah found him in the Set-Apart Place, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Sin no more, so that no worse matter befalls you."

Do not change His Name, or say that it is meaningless. You are blaspheming and bringing the Name to nothing. And if His Name changes, that means He is not eternal, think about it......

Walk perfect so you are right before Yahuwah, and follow the teaching of Yahuwshuwah the true Messiah.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I use only logic and facts to support my opinions outwardly not faith and belief. Of course I have my own spiritual beliefs and of course I believe them to be correct based on my experiences, but I cannot say I know anything. If you have faith in the Christian God that is awesome, but realize that it is just that faith. You have no proof. If we could all agree to stop arguing and killing each other over something that we cannot possibly know the world becomes a much more peaceful place.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoopDawg

Can I have the specific bible verse that says this please?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Double Post

edit on 11-5-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

Originally posted by PoopDawg

Can I have the specific bible verse that says this please?

I'd also like him to throw in the definition of "child" Are we talking about all people under the age of 18? Under the age of 13? I'm just curious.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Perfect. Define perfect?

Would you describe the laryngeal nerve of the giraffe as perfect?

The whole of the giraffe is as perfect as nature can produce with the DNA and conditions at hand.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

How can you as a finite being ever comprehend the infinite? We know virtually nothing about 95% of the universe, I'm not so egotistical that I can presume to know anything about god. I can believe whatever I want of course but I cannot know, and neither can anyone else.

I agree.

I have included a God neither of us believe in just to entice any theist who wants to say that things are not as perfect or the best that they could be.
Most theists believe we live in some kind of evil filled imperfect environment, yet their God is said to create all things perfect.
Theists, I think, know that to disagree they would have to disagree with scripture and that is why few are trying to refute my claim.

That being said, Candide applies to evolution quite well.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

www.youtube.com...

Just don't call your imaginary friend late for diner.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

99.8% of all species that ever existed wern't "fit" enough to survive the enviroment on earth - They were perfect too, right?

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join