It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Election Officials Sentenced to 156 Years in Election Rigging Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well, maybe there is some good news around here after all. They finally nailed and sentenced these corrupt bastards, and for that I am glad. While most conspiracies seem to surround the federal government, here's one that is stateside, and affected Clay County, KY for decades.

The BRAD BLOG has reported on the Clay County election rigging conspiracy since the nine defendants --- seven of them were the county's top-ranking election officials, the other two a married business couple who made millions in contracts based on the outcome of the stolen elections --- were rounded up and arrested in 2009 for what federal officials described as the tail end of "decades" of manipulated elections there.

In addition to buying and selling votes and falsifying election results reports in primary and general elections in 2002, 2004 and 2006, the conspirators were also found to have changed the votes of voters after they were cast on electronic ES&S iVotronic touch-screen voting machines once voters had thought they had finished voting.

Following one of the officials, Republican election judge Paul Bishop, changing his plea to guilty and cooperating with prosecutors shortly after the arrests, the other eight were charged in a federal racketeering conspiracy and found guilty in March of last year. This past March they were all finally sentenced to a total of 1,871 months --- 156 years --- in federal prison. (We were neck deep in Fukushima coverage at the time of their separate sentencing throughout March and hadn't gotten the chance to report on it until now.)

In addition to the election rigging charges, the jury also found the eight who stood trial to be liable for some $3.4 million in salaries and contracts from which they profited as a result of the years-long conspiracies, according to the U.S. Attorneys office.

www.bradblog.com...

Visit the article for more information, and see the sentences handed down to this scum of the earth.

As you can see this conspiracy rabbit hole went way deep, all the way to the top of the food chain, with many beneficiaries.

The question is, how many more setups like this exist in state governments today? Don't trust those electronic voting machines? Well good, you shouldn't. The testimony of Clinton Curtis ought to be enough to scare the daylights out of any honest American thinking that their cast vote is counted properly:

And as Brad Blog reports in this article, they just impounded voting machines in another county in KY:

And last week, in a separate, newly developing case, state officials impounded electronic voting machines in Perry County, KY after Republican candidates in last November's election complained of "vote rigging" on the county's 100% unverifiable electronic voting machines...

Scam much, Kentucky?

:shk:

I hope you all rot in there, and may Bubba find you every night and day.

pssst...hey Bubba...skip the soap please.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Almost insanely, I still encounter people who believe that there is no voter fraud in the US......

I mean really? ... just look around!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Almost insanely, I still encounter people who believe that there is no voter fraud in the US......

I mean really? ... just look around!

Well just to remind, there is a difference between voter fraud and election fraud. And this case is clear election fraud on the behalf of officials. But man, if it's happening stateside like this it is most probably happening at the federal level too, to some degree. Every election season that comes around I lose faith all over again in the governments of this country. When is it going to stop? The fools keep believing they can change something by voting? I think we are LONG PAST that point. Also, thanks Max, appreciate the applause.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
well, im nor even sure how the whole vote thing works anyways. i didnt think they went by the popular vote but electoral votes. so does it really matter who you vote for? i dont really understand what an electorial vote is.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is great news, of course, but these are just small fish in a small pond. I would imagine that the methods used to rig major and national elections are far superior to the methods these numbskulls were using, and much less easily traceable. We still have a long way to go before we start busting the sell-outs that are screwing us all.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Im a victim of voter fraud. In the 2000 election when I showed up, someone had already voted for me. And I have a really uncommon name, its impossible that it was a mistake. BUT, I had not voted the previous year because of personal issues, and apparently someone had gotten the records of people who did not vote, and took it upon themselves to vote (Republican) for us.

No one was prosecuted, although I wanted action taken, and it took me hours to prove who I was and have them find out what to do so I COULD cast my own vote. This was in New Mexico.

Voter fraud is reality. And its organized.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
We still have a long way to go before we start busting the sell-outs that are screwing us all.

The answer is probably as simple as returning to voting methods that leave a paper trail. There are few things that electronic things totally suck at, and e-voting machines are one them. They suck because of the inability to secure them- SOMEONE somewhere always holds the key. Even if it costs more to hand vote, count, etc., that is one cost to the taxpayer worth every penny. Even the tree huggers are going to have a hard time arguing that one- just use recycled paper...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Good.. Personally I dont think the time in prison is long enough, but thats just me. This furthers the need for a system that cant be tampered with.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Good.. Personally I dont think the time in prison is long enough, but thats just me.

I think that any elected official who abuses the public trust in a criminal conspiracy ought to suffer the death penalty. Even then it wouldn't stop some people, but it might make more think twice and three times before accepting bribes and rigging voting machines. There is just no excuse for deceiving those that elected you. Right, O-sham-a?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Good.. Personally I dont think the time in prison is long enough, but thats just me.

I think that any elected official who abuses the public trust in a criminal conspiracy ought to suffer the death penalty. Even then it wouldn't stop some people, but it might make more think twice and three times before accepting bribes and rigging voting machines. There is just no excuse for deceiving those that elected you. Right, O-sham-a?

I agree,

you make it a capital offense

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I live right in this area...
not too far from Clay County...

this area is the same as any area...
in any state... or country

Its filled with corrupt @$$holes

Election Officials are like kids and video games...

If they can find a cheat code... they will exploit the hell out of it...

Doesnt make it right...

So what makes these bastards different from the rest?

They got caught...

SnF

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Hehe, since you live so close you ought to call up some election officials from your county and ask a few questions.

"Ummm yeah, hello? I was just wondering if you guys heard about all those election officials convicted and sentenced to 156 years in Clay County next door for election fraud? Do you happen to know any of them? Oh yeah? Really now! Ok, well surely nothing like that is happening in our county, right? I mean those e-voting machines are totally dependable right? And oh, you say it's the same people that service them in our county too? Is that right. Well how about that."

top topics

join