It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks trying to buy the legal system for $5 billion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Squatting? I've heard that being done here in the UK now and then. Should look into it

Can't believe this isn't bigger news, on the other hand it doesn't surprise me. The worst is I know nothing will happen. They will just carry on, maybe a handfull will lose their job or a few peanuts (maybe a few hundred million $) will be paid.

Until people stand up with pitchforks and torches and tear these animals to pieces like they deserve it will continue. Third party regulation is needed again, which was abolished by the awesome clinton administration and his awesome finance advisor.

Letting banks regulate themselves is like giving a room full of children unlimited chocolate and expecting them not to get fat.

I'm from Switzerland and I used to be proud of our banking "stereotype" until I heard about the whole nazi-gold story. Banks pull off some abysmal scams that are potentially just as devastating as wars. Whiping out middle class, taking away homes, robbing the very money it should be protecting for the customers and nevermind all the social and family stress involved with going "bust".

HEADS NEED TO ROLL!
edit on 12-5-2011 by Swizzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Its reached the point where we're gonna have to bomb one of the Bilderberg meetings...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
www.bankswd.com...

JP Morgan locations.

Do your best!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by slambam
www.bankswd.com...

JP Morgan locations.

Do your best!

I should send the coordinates soon...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by slambam
www.bankswd.com...

JP Morgan locations.

Do your best!

I laughed out loud when I realised what you were saying "Do your best!"

2nd line

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And I bet all that money comes from bailouts.

Remember how the banks sold the notes proving they own the mortgages? They have lost most of them, they don't have proof they own the mortgages. And of course they are being sued for fraud because they don't own the mortgages so the houses are the property of their owners, not the bank's property anymore...so they don't get to foreclose if people don't pay their mortgage... since they have no proof they own the houses.

But now the banks want a ``deal`` that will disregard all that fraud and make all fraudulent mortgages they own legal.

Banks Offer $5 Billion to Resolve Foreclosures Probe

Bank of America Corp. (BAC) and JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), along with three other U.S. mortgage servicers, proposed paying $5 billion to settle a probe of their foreclosure practices by state and federal officials, two people familiar with the matter said.

But not only that...

They must also reach an agreement on the claims state officials and federal regulators will surrender as part of any settlement. Banks are less likely to sign off on any deal that doesn't provide a broad release of claims from state attorneys general in the most populous states.

They want to be made IMMUNE forever for their fraud...

I bet they'll get away with this.

Essentially this 5 billion and agreement will go to state and federal authorities (chump change). But the foreclosures will continue and the note issue won't be able to be used, how does this help the people. The people wanted justice on their contracts and if the banks messed up on their end, THEY EAT IT pure and simple.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well guess what, JPMorgan just bought itself out of trouble... in ONE case... for 153 million. That's a total joke.

JPM Settles Magnetar Charges Related To Misleading CDO Information With SEC For $153.6 Million

* SEC TO HOLD CONFERENCE CALL TO DISCUSS ENFORCEMENT VS JP MORGAN
* JP MORGAN TO PAY $153.6M TO SETTLE SEC CHARGES
* JP MORGAN TO SETTLE SEC CHARGES ON MISLEADING IN CDO ON HOUSING
* SEC CITES MISLEADING INVESTORS IN CDO TIED TO HOUSING MARKET
* KHUZAMI: JPMORGAN FAILED TO DISCLOSE MAGNETAR'S ROLE, INTERESTS
* KHUZAMI: JPMORGAN HAS REIMBURSED INVESTORS IN TAHOMA CDO
* KHUZAMI SAYS SEC MISLED INVESTORS IN SQUARED CDO

That is just regarding CDO with one company... still disgusting they got away with it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well apparently it the banks didn't pay enough money to attorney generals.

Another Blow For America's Banks (And Bank Of America) After California Kills Robosigning Settlement

Anyone exiting the third quarter with a Bank of America (or Wells, or JPMorgan, or Citi) short on their books will be delighted to learn that the "other" mortgage fraud scandal, not the putback litigation which is sure to cost Bank of America billions in incremental legal fees now that that particular settlement appears to be challenged and banks even across the Atlantic are joining in the legal free for all, but the "Linda Green" robosigning affair, which various conflicted attorneys general had held a tenuous grasp over with a settlement in process, has just blown out wide into the open once again, after California joined New York AG Schneiderman in pulling out of the talks, and leaving Iowa Atty. Gen. Tom Miller with a completely lost cause. We expect all other states to promptly follow New York and California's examples. The net impact is quite adverse for all mortgage lenders, as this development will merely snarl the traditional foreclosure process for even longer, and while beneficial to borrowers, it will put even less cash into the depleted coffers of the banks that so desperately need it.

What is left open to interpretation is whether this is an open attack by the very much insolvent state of California against the Obama administration which has actively been pushing for precisely this settlement, which would be highly beneficial to banks, and quite damaging to the legal system, and specifically the perception of how easily it can be trampled if one is a TBTF bank.

And with California no longer on the side of Miller, the state is sure to enjoin the active pursuit of a far more comprehensive resolution to the robosigning fiasco, which will inevitably result in far greater pain for the banks.

Bottom line: America's TBTF banks, which increasingly are looking like they just may be NTBTF, had a horrendous Q3. It appears that Q4 will not be any better.

Remember that Obama was pushing for a settlement that would have forgiven the big banks for TENS OF THOUSANDS OF FELONIES.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
$5 billion fine? Thats pocket change for anyone of those big banks, not to mention a bribe to cover everything up so those that thought of this evil scheme never face the court of justice. This should not be a civil case, it should be a criminal case with people doing hard time, if found guilty!

If democrats want to be taken seriously they need to rise up to the challenge otherwise people have a right to call them republicans.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
Its reached the point where we're gonna have to bomb one of the Bilderberg meetings...

Don't forget to wave at the DHS officer on your way to the store.

You made a no no................

Never use any of the key words......

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Outright bribery. Reading this thread makes me want to vomit.

The people have been hung out to dry.

edit on 1-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Pay the fine because we committed so many crimes we can't possible
prosecute all the lawyers and agents just doing their job.
The bigger the crime the bigger the pay off.

We saw that with AIG and all the series of hedge fund bail outs through
the years. When people start taking out their money the 10x the money
the banks loaned out contracts the money supply. How dumb is the way
we do things.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join