It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks trying to buy the legal system for $5 billion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

That is not where I was going at all.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by AeonStorm

That is why cases are usually settled out of court. I believe that whenever a person is involved in anything that warrants a morality check, is to not settle out of court, especially if it is a certain win for the victim. This is also how we as citizens can start working together and making things happen, if our votes do not matter any more then use our power as jurors.

Take these cases to court and let the jury decide the outcome, and quit being persuaded by insurance companies and lawyers that settling or pleading guilty is the best option. If juries start overriding laws in the court room, they will eventually become unenforceable. Imagine what it would be like if people busted with small quantities of marijuana started letting their cases go to court and being heard by a jury instead of pleading guilty to a gram, then the jury acquitting the person.

We have tools within our grasp, we just need to use them correctly, just like The Constitution says.

If we cannot reach the people at the top that are untouchable, then we start removing their supporting infrastructure right out from under them, then we will catch them when they start falling.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

I don't believe that jurors stand a chance when it comes to the logical technicalities that seasoned lawyers can put fourth. Aren't we are taking about banking cartels and multinational corporations that are seemingly above the law?

I do not think that the ordinary person can pass judgement against a multinational corporation. Roadblocks will almost certainly be hit before this happens.

what I must thank you for is the motivation to see what is/can will happen.

If what could be thwarted by the law included stock market speculation and bank bail-outs then I would like to know of that and every law that supports any one person or corporation and also what law can be used to oppose the dictatorship that is currently underway.

AS

PS: Made a big change in wording.
edit on 12-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wow this needs more attention...
Instead everyone is focused on some metallic domes in the desert that probably just hold water

Ugh. Scandalous to say the least but none the less not surprising. I wish the whole damn thing would just crash already so we can fix it and move on.............................

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have an easier solution. The banks are given, say, 30 days to prove ownership of the note on every single mortgage they claim to own. Full blown audit of holdings. At the end of 30 days, those mortgage notes that they cannot produce automatically go to the homeowner. Free and clear.
Those they can produce are kept as normal.
Nothing wrong with that at all. They are either playing nicely, or they are not.
If they can't produce the note, they have no legal standing.
If they can, nothing changes.

No need to bribe anyone. No need for court cases. No need to do anything but prove what they say they have done/are doing. Is there no regulation for banks anymore?

Thirty days.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Holy crap, this is COMPLETELY criminal in my opinion. These people are acting like bloody thugs. People can't let them get away with this. If they can do this, they can do anything. They are making it up as they go along. If they can't even follow the law they just f'ing change it!

edit on 12-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Why doesn't anyone bother suing the banks? There's a possibility of 'loop-holes' but there is very clear proof of criminal activity. An uncorrupt audit is what the bank needs.
Badgered1 has the right idea.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'd love to see an audit of the banks. I love the idea of making them show the notes. I don't think however, that anything will come of auditing the banks. My reason being, look what Dr. Ron Paul and associates accomplished with auditing the Federal Reserve, nothing. They found that TRILLIONS were stolen from us and given to FOREIGN banks! What is being done about the largest THEFT in history? NOTHING Nothing will happen to the smaller private banks through our "legal" system either.
We know who the enemy is people. The problem is, we are the "good guys" and don't want to hurt anyone. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of our non-violent efforts are working.
To those of you who have a business relationship with these banks and are unwilling to dissolve it, I say, "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Good post OP, I came to ATS for the financial stories.

Although I imagine this is how the system operates, its always good to read it in a msm article.

I read of more skulldugery last night, that I came across through the maxkeiser.com site, its a monster piece in Rolling Stone magazine - 6 pages.

The People vs. Goldman Sachs

They weren't murderers or anything; they had merely stolen more money than most people can rationally conceive of, from their own customers, in a few blinks of an eye. But then they went one step further. They came to Washington, took an oath before Congress, and lied about it.

Thanks to an extraordinary investigative effort by a Senate subcommittee that unilaterally decided to take up the burden the criminal justice system has repeatedly refused to shoulder, we now know exactly what Goldman Sachs executives like Lloyd Blankfein and Daniel Sparks lied about. We know exactly how they and other top Goldman executives, including David Viniar and Thomas Montag, defrauded their clients. America has been waiting for a case to bring against Wall Street. Here it is, and the evidence has been gift-wrapped and left at the doorstep of federal prosecutors, evidence that doesn't leave much doubt: Goldman Sachs should stand trial.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Wait...we still have a functioning legal system?

I mean, sure, we have a legal system in place for anyone not in the top 5%, but this thread makes it seem like it somehow applies to the corporate royalty of america.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It seems that some people are prepared to resort to dishonesty to avoid paying a mortgage that they agreed to.

If I was a bank my point would be that for x number of years you have been paying us money. Why did you do that if you do not have an agreement in place?

Don't get me wrong, the banks are a'holes. But we don't need to sink to their level.

Surely, if you agreed to a mortgage on a property then you should pay it?

It's the 'I can do it and get away with it even though it's wrong" attitude that created this mess in the first place.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Why should banks be allowed to do things common folks cannot? Try this, go to walmart, buy something, slip the sales slip in your pocket. When the bag checker asks to see you receipt, tell them you lost it. See how that goes. That is exactly what the banks are doing! We cannot get away with it, neither should they!

Actually, what they do is worse, they sell the mortgage multiple times as well, but you get the point.
edit on Thu, 12 May 2011 06:42:47 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Are you saying that we should behave dishonestly because banks do?

If the bank is unable to prove they own the home, then how would the person dwelling in the property prove that they do?

It seems that, in the absence of this 'receipt', the next item to evidence ownership would be the mortgage/financial agreement between the bank and the dweller. This would be evidenced by bank transactions that have taken place already?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This is really like a comic book, its impossible to see ahead to the next page because its just too damn unpredictable.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Demanding to see proof of ownership, is NOT being underhanded.... Businesses ask us to do this everytime we exit their stores.... If they cannot prove they own it, then that is their own problem. They knew what the rules were, and broke them. For that they should pay. They did it because they felt they were untouchable.

Try running a small business, and not keeping your books clean, see what happens. The damn IRS audits you at least every other year. We have to keep our books with 5 years worth of backlogs. Banks should be exempt from abiding by rules why? Because they think they can just bribe their way out, that is the only reason. A message needs to be sent, that banks are not above the law.
edit on Thu, 12 May 2011 07:25:20 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

How would the dweller prove ownership?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Sorry. I am in the UK and am a little ignorant to the US process perhaps.

Were US banks breaking the law by selling on the mortgages?

Please forgive my ignorance...it's not a subject that I am too familiar with

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Vitchilo

In anyones language this is quite simply a BRIBE...

The banks in question should be charged for merely suggesting it..

I know if I did the same thing I'd be in jail before lunch time...

You took the words right out of my mouth.
So much corruption and greed and for what? Money and power.
These bank(er)s are suffering from a serious god complex, blinded by greed.
It's a shame.

OnlyLove

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Some one please put this on facebook.
I dont have a accout and dont know how it works.
you here about big thing dont with facebook.
every one needs to know about this.
it is the life of the normal people who will suffer.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

There is a little known law actually, I am sure someone might recall the name of it etc. It states if you move into an unlived house, and take care of it for a certain ammount of time, it basically belongs to you. A gypsy-like neighbor of mine in NY did that. She moved into an abandoned house, basically it was part of a closed down camp. After 5 years I think it was, she envoked that law, and became the rightful owner.

here is some info on what is going on with mortgages in banks. It is the only one still in my bookmarks, I am sure there are a lot of people here that could provide more information. Please do

edit on Thu, 12 May 2011 08:05:04 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I know that if the world survives another 10 yrs we will all be in the same position talking about the same bankers and the same laws(are there laws that say they can do this) in which they screw us all over,everybody seems to have all these idea's on how to fix this and what not,but reality is that people have givin up already and accept all this.

The bankers and elites have not lost a single cent or penny,the money they gambled and lost didnt exist in any real terms and we law abiding people who where not going to earn profit in any shape or form from the money they magicly created out of thin air ,have to pay of these debts and loose out,when did you ever have to pay for a friends or neighbours debt,it does not happen even if they die and leave debts,but us as people have to pay for banks who have same status as a person,so banks are people,why pay another persons debt,checkmate, if anybody gets where my argument is going,we all need to find out how much debt is in our individual names and tell them legaly where to stick it.

ive also noticed that certain commodities that only the rich can afford have had their profits increase,so you have to take my word for it that they have only got richer,you already all knew this anyways

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join