It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 18 - There's A Reason We've Never Gone Back To The Moon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

* There's A Reason We've Never Gone Back To The Moon.*

**********************************************************************************************************************************
Apollo 18 was originally planned in July 1969 to land in the moon's Schroter's Valley, a riverlike channel-way. The original February 1972 landing date was extended when NASA cancelled the Apollo 20 mission in January 1970.
**********************************************************************************************************************************
This is for all you space nerds

Film:
Apollo 18 is a found footage-style film set in December 1973, about a post-Apollo 17 mission to the Moon that takes on a premise of why NASA discontinued the Apollo moon missions. The plot involves a government coverup of the Apollo 18 mission after parasitic lifeforms on the Moon discovered the crew and began to attack them. Much of the back-story remains unknown; however, the movie posters in English indicate the Russian KGB role in Soviet lunar conspiracy and the Russian movie posters show inscriptions in English suggesting an American government cover up in lunar conspiracy. In the trailer, an American astronaut finds a dead cosmonaut and a Soviet LK Lander on the lunar surface.

Trailer:
Apollo 18

Defiantly going to watch this one. Can't wait.

Your Thoughts?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to watching this film too.

Two movies coming out: APollo 18 & The Transformers one, both about the Moon ... And what really happened there.

I have many times wondered why the return to the Moon has not taken place frequently etc.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

You should have expert opinion in a matter of minutes, hours, days...at any rate, soon.

James Oberg is a mod.

James Edward Oberg - is an American space journalist and historian,...writes for several regular publications, mostly online... previously space correspondent for UPI, ABC and currently MSNBC, often in an on-air role. He is a Fellow of the skeptical organization CSICOP and a consultant to its magazine Skeptical Inquirer. In 1991, PBS transformed his book Red Star In Orbit into a documentary series. HBO has optioned Red Star in Orbit for some future made-for-TV miniseries... He was commissioned by NASA to write a rebuttal of Apollo Moon landing conspiracy theories.en.wikipedia.org...]

I personally think there is something to lunar luminescence www.nature.com... and the first space shuttle was greeted with beings already there who warned us off. True or hysterical.... if I didn't, I probably would never have found ATS while investigating the conspiracy. Just a little bit too serendipitous IMO. lol
edit on 11-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
the only reason they make movies like this is so when the actual conspiracies come out , most of the general public have already heard of the movies so they just think its a conspiracy based on the movie...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
looks good

thanks for sharing

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It would be nice it i could get the trailer to play, but it won't.....

Is everyone trying to watch all at once?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I am looking forward to this movie. Since it seems to have a somewhat original idea. Do I believe that an alien parasite attacked the astronauts, the jury is still out on that one.

What I find more interesting is that it seems as though the government is systematically cutting funding for NASA programs, just like egypt systematicaly stopping archeological digging further into the pyramids over the last couple of decades. It doesn't make any sense, unless the governments are hiding something..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I taught they stopped going because there was already people and aliens there?

Yeah, I also think sometimes they fund these kinds of movies so that people can nullify without given a chance, a similar conspiracy.

If this is true, it is the first conspiracy everyone should know!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Hmm.. What to say... what to say..
I thought it was going to be more Hollywood..
..but it seem more horror B-movie style.

I will probably watch it too.
But I will probably not enjoy it. hihihih..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Yesiree, I will be watching that one! I love Apollo 13, many think it was targeted by a UFO because it was transporting a nuclear device to the Moon. The Beings there at the end was magnificent to behold. Makes me shiver just thinking about it. Didn't one of the Astronauts say they were warned not to come back?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hey guys late march I saw a special screening of Apollo 18. Not to disappoint anyone in here but as far as it being portrayed as actual real life footage, well its not. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it as a suspenseful movie.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What happened to the astronauts that were involved with this mission?...........
I cannot find really anything on the Apollo 18 mission besides they orbited the moon about 60 miles away and that was it.............I wish they could talk.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
What happened to the astronauts that were involved with this mission?...........
I cannot find really anything on the Apollo 18 mission besides they orbited the moon about 60 miles away and that was it.............I wish they could talk.

Maybe because Apollo 18 is just a movie and the real mission was scrapped along with the rest of the program in the 70s.

Unless Cannibal Holocaust or Cloverfield were also real...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just saw the preview this morning...looks great!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
saw the preview / looks pretty good kinda like blair witcqh but on the moon

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Not sure what to make of it, I never like to see or read too much about a movie, just a general idea of what it is and then go see it.

It's about the moon & aliens.... I'm pretty much sold anyway.

Don't have great hopes but we'll see.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
They are advertising the movie on TV now,
trying to catch the date it hits the theatres.
Should be interesting.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
They are advertising the movie on TV now,
trying to catch the date it hits the theatres.
Should be interesting.

September 2nd over in the UK. Not sure about US release though.

2nd for the hell of it

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Going tonight to see it, Im sort of in two minds wether or not im going to enjoy it. If there was even a glimmer of hope that even a small part of the story was true then I whole heartly would look forward to it. Althrough at the moment I can find no real tangable link that it ever existed or happened and Im not one for # horror movies so thats where I stand at the moment.

Will report back later.

edit on 2-9-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I saw this movie today.

It was pretty enjoyable. It was pretty bad. It was pretty short. There's not much else to say.

If you're looking for mild entertainment for an hour and a half, I must recommend it. If you're looking to fuel your search for further evidence that the government is out to get us, go somewhere else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join