It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA to Make Bin Laden Pictures Available to Select Lawmakers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gerg357
they released pics of hussiens sons and they wont osama dont ya think?

They weren't the purported head of the most renowned terrorist organization in the world.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Do not expect a public release by either the Commitee's or The Congress itself.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by gerg357
they released pics of hussiens sons and they wont osama dont ya think?

They weren't the purported head of the most renowned terrorist organization in the world.

Plus 43 and Company were maniacal and diabolical fiends with an unhealthy taste for blood and used that as a pretext to keep the populous in fear saying in not so many words "Mess with us and this will happen to you"!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This showed up today in a UK paper:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

comments?

One of the photos that is described sounds identical to a couple already floating out there on the net I've already seen and is definately a photoshop fake of one "dead" OBL.
edit on 12-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Sounds like you're claiming it a fake before you've even seen it...

And people wonder why they don't just "release the photos".

Seriously, I don't care if the White House releases the pictures or not. It's NOT going to make a lick of difference to the conspiracy world. They'll cry fake before the ink is dry.

If they released these pictures, what effect would that have?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Because the description is so identical to one of what I've seen already AND I strongly believe they DO have the wrong guy with similarities to OBL. I mean, between Afghanistan, Pakistan, Persia and Saudi Arabia....the amount of men with similarities to OBL is quite afew in number. And whats real funny, the guy they assumed was captured was not only right handed but also did'nt even come close to his height. OBL is left handed if anyone paid attention 10 years ago.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
And whats real funny, the guy they assumed was captured was not only right handed but also did'nt even come close to his height.

I haven't seen the information. Do you have a link?

How do they know the man they shot within moments of arriving in his bedroom was right-handed?

edit on 5/13/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
More Leaders Weigh in on Pictures

Congressman Jeff Miller has seen, and he believes.

“Osama bin Laden is dead,” Miller said after viewing photos Friday morning. “There is no question in my mind it is Osama bin Laden and the United States has eliminated the number one terrorist in the world.”
U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee also viewed the Osama bin Laden photographs. Like Miller, he found the pictures to be clear evidence bin Laden is dead.

These articles are also stating whether or not they think these pictures should be released. I wonder if Obama is still contemplating that and if the lawmakers' input will make any difference.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
My main question is WHY people would want to hide the real facts. Perhaps because they didn't get the right man? Or possibly to help Obama in the 2012 elections? Both possibilities seem rather farr-fetched to me.

Many people may have missed it, but Obama gave a brief talk from the White House which was televised just a few hours after he got the news. One of the reasons Bin Laden was buried at sea, he said, was because America wanted to observe the customs of the Muslim faith, Not because Obama is biased in favor of Muslims but because there are certain diplomatic protocols that govern how the heads of government deal with a crisis such as this.

Think about it. If his dead body, or pictures of his dead body, were trotted out and displayed to angry mobs who wanted to desecrate it, or put his head on a spike and marched around with it, that would inflame the whole Muslim world. Do we really want to get ourselves into a war with almost the whole middle east? Don't we have enough wars there already?

As far as I'm concerned, the assassination of Bin Laden is an act of war. This war was declared when the World Trade Center was attacked back in 2001. It is entirely fitting for us to take out their general. But it is not fitting for our leaders to gloat publicly or treat his body as a trophy.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I read somewhere one of the pics shows brain matter coming out of an eyesocket. ewww

besides, within an hour of their release, there will be 10 threads here declaring them as fake anyway

if I'm obama I don't release them, it almost intensifies the effect and prolongs it

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

A couple more lawmakers weigh in on the Bin Laden pictures.

U.S. Rep. C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger witnessed what many want to see: Images of slain terrorist Osama bin Laden.
"There was no equivocation in my mind after looking at both of these pictures, that the man that was brought to justice and dumped in the sea was Osama bin Laden."

Source

[snipped]

I'm wondering if any of these representatives are going to say that they aren't sure whether or not it's Osama... That would be an interesting turn.

Also, people don't seem to be clamoring for the pictures so much anymore. I think they've reverted to the birth certificate issue once more...
edit on Sun May 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed link

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Has the military given any kind of official statement on how they feel about the pictures being released? I am not sure who would speak for them all but I suppose the Pentagon or a general in a currently high position or something. I am just curious because I do remember reading reports of increased mortar attacks on a green zone after some pictures had come out once before. I would just think they are sick of men in suits in the US doing things to make the "hearts and minds" they are trying to win in the middle east more angry but I am not military so I do not know.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Runaway1977

I don't know the answer to your question. I haven't seen any official military response. I have read comments addressed to particular articles on military.com and the opinions are mixed.

My previous post apparently contained a link that's not authorized by ATS, but it was about a couple more US Representatives weighing in that they had seen the pictures and believe them to be of a very dead OBL.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ben,

They will never get the fact that the pics will never ever be released and they can't stand this because they want another excuse to drum up the Anti American rhetoric in the US just so that they can disprove them. There is no way to convince these idiots of the error of their ways.

"Father, please forgive them for which they know not of what they do" more then applies to this group.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Well, to each his/her own. I don't really care what people believe.

I don't put a lot of weight in polls, but most I have seen state that a large majority of the people in the US believe in the basic official story about OBL's death. I think most people believe it and it's not going to be a big election issue. It will be a plus in Obama's column, but the conspiracy angle isn't going to be an issue, IMO.

I was just very interested in seeing what these bipartisan panels had to say about the pictures once they'd seen them.

I don't see any advantage in releasing the pictures at this point. They would just be fodder for conspiracy theories as both Obama birth certificates have been and continue to be. Besides, who knows how people in Arab and Muslim countries might respond the US releasing their "trophy"... Nah, it's not worth it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join