posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:26 AM
Check out this Link, It Keeps Up to Date on the Facts.
If you want to know any "facts" about Comet Elenin, then I suggest that you steer well clear of that link. Here's why....
1. Preliminary analysis of the comet's obit couldn't possibly have indicated a perihelion distance of 8.8 AU (not far short of the orbit of Saturn),
when the comet was already inside the orbit of Jupiter!
2. Statements in paragraph 2 are clearly mistaking perihelion (closest approach to the Sun) with perigee (closest approach to Earth).
3. It is impossible to have a 9900 year hyperbolic orbit. A hyperbola is an open ended conic section, which means that the eccentricity is greater
than 1. Objects with eccentricities greater than 1 do not return (because they are moving faster than solar escape velocity), and therefore do not
have an orbital period at all!
4. Oh, dear......just when everything was looking decidedly dodgy, it gets even worse. The legendary Nibiru/brown dwarf is mentioned, BS is flying
everywhere, and the "facts" take a running jump over the nearest cliff.
5. Comet Honda.......aphelion is the furthest
point from the Sun in an object's orbit, not the closest. If we can't get simple "facts" like
this correct, why should anyone believe anything else on the site?
6. "it follows an elliptical five and a quarter year orbit around our Sun, commencing from the Ophiuchus constellation at the galactic
equator"........it sounds impressive, but this statement is totally meaningless.
Please do NOT use that website for factual information about Comet Elenin.