It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this normal? (chemtrails)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by firepilot

I am not asking anyone to bite, you have your opinion I have mine.

I would guess they were at around 15,000 to 20,000 feet. Much lower than a commercial flight flying over the city and they were in formation. There is an International airport near by, but they were higher than the planes leaving the airport.

I was with a colleague at the time when we noticed it and he also expressed his surprise these planes were quite low and emitting the trails as they came over the city.

see, you do not know what altitude they were at. Nor can you tell from the ground, that those aircraft flying along the same route, are at the same altitude either.

Chemtrail believers can rarely identify even airplane types, but can somehow look up in the air and know that planes are at the same altitude.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

There is no normal (execpt for these 'photos)!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

Sorry, but there is a credible study that identifies where a lot of the things attributed to "chemtrails" is actually coming from. Industrial China, which has little or no emission controls. Yep, the real nasties like mercury, even viruses. It is figured from this study that 1/2 the mercury pollution found in the US is traced to this source.
Here is the article:
Made in China

This single article should be a lesson in atmospheric aerosols to the "chemtrail" community. It is pretty much a given with the "chemtrail" forums that people are feeling ill while the planes are "spraying", dropping nasty stuff on them, as though the "chem" factor is falling like rain down upon them. It does not work that way. Anything in aerosol, which is what a contrail therefore a "chemtrail" would be, is very, very small and not settle the earth for at least a day. And that is if the air column during that time is perfectly still, which with wind, updrafts, and downdrafts is impossible. Wind takes anything at flight level for miles. A volcano spews ground rock, which is much heavier than water vapor, and it goes completely around the globe. For weeks.
How can you apply the "chemtrail" theory with these facts? You can't. No one, no matter how powerful or rich can change the laws of science involved. Things like gravity cannot be controlled. Neither can wind.
"Chemtrail" proponents do not attempt to refute the science because they know they can't. They will persist with their beliefs, because that is all they have, belief. It's why the people who understand the science involved can say with sureity that there are no "chemtrails", just contrails and clouds, misidentified.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have the same thing over in my area. They are definitely chemtrails. If you live in high elevation, go out in the morning, you will smell it. Sometimes it smells like burnt plastic, sometimes it smells like formaldhyde. Either way, i know it cant be good for you.

edit on 11-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: added a few lines

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

You can smell what's in the air at 30,000 feet?

Wow...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
hello to all, I have read these post for sometime about chemtrails; I often lurk, rarely add a comment or my insight. My insight comes from being an "outside person". I have been a sun worshipper for 30 plus years. I guess you could say I have spent alot of time outdoors. I do know that on some days these emissions are not normal. They are not normal in the many thousands of hours I have spent outdoors. I observe; like most. I have often noticed they are in "X" patterns; I read somewhere; that is a symbol of : sacrifice the lower for the higher. I have also noticed that they are very intense before a storm system; I think in some instances they are used with HAARP to control the weather. I live in NC; USA. I noticed them before the storms that spawned tornadoes. I have also noticed at times when they are really heavy that you can feel something change in the atmosphere. I think they are used for multiple purposes. I also think that people whom think outside of the box make the best observers. I have pics I took of some these;as pics are all over the web of them. The haze that comes from them is not normal. I assure you being an avid sunworshipper; the skys were not this way even a few years ago..........Peace and Light; The Truth will not be covered up Forever.....................

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
here is a simple solution send up a high altitude balloon and collect air samples of the chemtrails and have them analyzed once and for all then we can finally know the truth to this. are we not sick and tired of playing the guessing game? the evidence is right up there end the conspiracy seek the truth!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Or....you can reason this out logically, and realize that OTHER airliners and private jets also already fly up at those same altitudes, and through the CONTRAILS (they are harmless) and the CIRRUS clouds (they are harmless, too). All the time, other flights pass through the areas.

WHY is it that people (being hysterical, and exhibiting psycho-somatic hypochondria) claim they can "smell" something form 7 miles over their heads?? LOL!

Yet, when you fly, as passenger or crew on jets....you go through the air RIGHT THERE! No one ever "smells" it then.....go figure, huh??

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by network dude

10 or so well placed bases of operation spread through out the country could easily spray which ever part they want and go back to base and go home for the day.

Not even close. You appear to have no idea how big this country is, nor the limitations of a handful of planes.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I suppose you have never seen a contrail. Those white lines are caused by water vapor from the exhaust of jet engines. It is perfectly normal.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I agree!

If it were something bad or sinister we would all be dead by now. It is just a fluffy white contrail in the sky; it is harmless. No reason to freak out.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

it's like when we merge onto the highway. they're coming from probably a smaller airport or strip to join with the major Jetway that obviously runs over your location.

normal? yes
ugly? yes

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It's called Geoengineering and particulary Solar radiation management...
So chemtrails are real. As they say "for your own good"... LOL
Solar Radiation Management

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

I am not sure what there is to discuss when it comes to clouds as a conspiracy: Big, small, high, low, fluffy/not fluffy. NASA has already identified contrails. Take a look at their chart.

NASA Cloud Chart

edit on 12-5-2011 by afw2121 because: added link

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Geoneo99

I don't think you read that link properly.

Here, directly to the section of note:

en.wikipedia.org...

Read sections titled:

• Stratospheric sulfur aerosols
    : proposed by Paul Crutzen....

• See? "PROPOSED".....read the rest. If an ACTUAL 'geo-engineering' operation were in place, it would be huge, huge news.....in all media.

Also:

• Reflective aerosols or dust

• Read all of that...there's even a "shout out" to the chems and their silly conspiracies....

There's a discussion of non-airplane methods....then this:

• Low stratospheric soot
    ...... Almost all aircraft cannot reach the stratosphere.

• See that? Hmmmmmmm.....stuff I (and other educated, experienced people) already know.

Then of course, "cloud seeding"....all known about, and in no way connected to this hoax of "chem"-trails, as the chems try to claim, based on their "evidence" of "looking" up in the sky!

Rest is about other potential methods, land-based.

Sorry, but each and every time, the links offered as "proof" belie the very attempts.....because science, reality logic and reason are at work, here......

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:31 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Geoneo99
    It's called Geoengineering and particulary Solar radiation management...
    So chemtrails are real. As they say "for your own good"... LOL
    Solar Radiation Management

Her's hte "full" wiki page on stratospheric spraying of aerosols - en.wikipedia.org...

As WW has said - if you actually read what it says you will note words like

a possible candidate for use in geoengineering projects

is proposed

If found to be economically, environmentally and technologically viable....

A reasonable person would conclude that this is a proposal that MIGHT happen one day.

There are also numerous freely available papers on the 'net about such proposals - which makes a mockery of any claim that it is a secret.

Some prominent chemmie posters on these boards have consistently posted evidence of proposals, studies and like as if "proposed" = "has been happening for the last 15 years" (or something along those lines) - apparently deliberately refusing to comprehend what these things are actually saying

I hope you don't go down that path.

edit on 12-5-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:11 AM
    link   
    reply to post by weedwhacker

So you both with Aloysius the Gaul think it's just a project for future and nothing else?
    And you think they will tell you all the secrets in wiki and everything is alright?
    LOL

Yea, off course!
    It's just Contrails? Take a look:

Contrails?

Contrails2?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:24 AM
    link   
    As you see in the second link author is trying to explain that all the spraying tools are nothing bad, but there is a Big Question, can we believe him...

Because i see chemtrails every single day crossing the sky above my house from E to W and N to S... And certainly these are not contrails...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join