It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subtle clues in the media of near- future mass extinction of Humans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Ok, first off I'd like to make it clear that this is not a fear mongering thread as I admit this is just based on general observations which I have made.

The world we live in at the moment is damaged. Wars are being fought in Pakistan and Afghanistan, and great revolutions are sweeping across the Middle East. Sooner or later, China will have caught the revolution virus, and change may come soon.
But thats not my point. My point is there are things which are happening behind the curtains which we are never allowed to know. The wealthy elite decide on what goes around, not the people. The people only "elect" them. - I'm sure you agree with me on that one.

The system we live in is inherently unstable as it is a vicious cycle of the exploitation of the poor and unknowing for the benefit and profit of the rich and elite. We may be enjoying our consumer electronics and clothes, but the people who made them for us are treated in near slave conditions.
They may not be protesting now, but sooner or later, all it would take is a spark to cause cataclysmic change.

Also, a topic of taboo which people don't like discussing is the population of the world. But is that really the problem? Because if you round up all 7 billion humans, you could just fit them all in the whole of Texas (a statistic which I saw somewhere).

www.bbc.co.uk...

Some geologists now believe that human activity has so irrevocably altered our planet that we have entered a new geological age. This proposed new epoch - dubbed the Anthropocene - is discussed at a major conference held at the Geological Society in London on Wednesday.

Dr Jan Zalasiewicz of the University of Leicester is one of the leading proponents of the Anthropocene theory. He told BBC News: "Simply put, our planet no longer functions in the way that it once did. Atmosphere, climate, oceans, ecosystems… they're all now operating outside Holocene norms. This strongly suggests we've crossed an epoch boundary."

Professor Steffen told the BBC: "A few years ago, I plotted graphs to track the growth of human society from 1800 to the present day. What I saw was quite unexpected - a remarkable speeding up after the Second World War". In that time, the human population has more than doubled to an astounding 6.9 billion. However, much more significantly, Professor Steffen believes, the global economy has increased ten-fold over the same period. "Population growth is not the big issue here. The real problem is that we're becoming wealthier and consuming exponentially more resources," he explained.

This insatiable consumption has placed enormous stresses on our planet. Writing in the prestigious journal Nature, Professor Steffen and colleagues recently identified nine "life support systems" essential for human life on Earth. They warned that two of these - climate and the nitrogen cycle - are in danger of failing, while a third - biodiversity - is already in meltdown.

Dr Williams added that while the Anthropocene has yet to run its course, "all the signs are that the human age will be a stand-out event in the 4.5 billion year history of the Earth".

I don't know if you saw anything fishy about the last quote, but In my opinion, it basically means that scientists are already predicting the mass extinction of the Humans.

Another interesting topic on the news recently is the apparent arrival of an asteroid YU55 on Nov 8th 2011 which scientists say will not collide with the Earth.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
news.xinhuanet.com...
www.universetoday.com...

You should ask yourself, why is this YU55 asteroid suddenly getting so much mainstream media coverage even though its expected to miss Earth?
There are plenty of asteroids whichh are heading towards Earth and will undoubtebly miss - some massive ones of upto 4km in diameter will just about miss the earth. You can check out all the little and big asteroids which are expect to miss Earth in the future. neo.jpl.nasa.gov...
So whats so special about YU55?

Most of these ideas I have laid out are just speculation as I do not know when something disastrous will happen as that information is either inevitable because of Nature, or the elite actually know something about this - but what I do know is that this past year, many major events and disasters have occurred, possibly hinting at a future Apocalypse for mankind.

All I can say is: be prepared and stay vigilant of events to come as there will be many distractions before the actual one...
edit on 11-5-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You did well, and haters are gunna hate

As to if us humans have had that much impact? There's no denying that we've had SOME impact, but as to the extent that they claim? I don't think so. After all, there's changes going on throughout the solar system, and SUVs and cows farting are not melting the polar caps on mars... at least, not that WE'VE been told...

I WILL say that the primary damagers of the ecology of the planet are NOT us little folk. We have zip of an impact. The major corportations and governments? That's where the fingers should be pointing, and it's sad that the rest of us take the heat for what they've done.

Anyhow... Good job.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
is it important 4 corporates to make fast food ..cola..useless products ..just becos these can sell ..at the expense of the environment...inflating raw materials..screwing the environment beyond repair..scientists can say overpopulation i say USELESS CORPORATES

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The Holocene extinction event has been underway since the agricultural revolution.

Now, it's turning into the Anthropocene extinction.

Basically, we've ravaged the earth, and are collapsing ecosystems and causing extinctions of untold number of species as the days roll on.

This is all incredibly obvious to anyone who bothers to pay attention.

We choose not to accept this, assess the situation, and evolve accordingly before the party dies out.

The fat lady is about to sing.

edit on 11-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by atsmem1980

Unless you are honestly prepared to sit there and convince me that you have never purchased any of these products then you my friend, are what I like to call.....PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!

As are we all.

The blame falls squarely in your lap!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Article about the rapid underground bunker building

The U.S. is reportedly building these bunkers so rapidly, and on such a large scale, that private contractors are unable to acquire materials to build bunkers for individual clients. In recent years we’ve also learned that the US government is one of, if not the largest buyer of survival foods like freeze dried foods and MRE’s for emergency preparedness deployment. We’ve also recently learned that Department of Homeland Security has committed to “regionalizing” supplies across 15 regional emergency supply warehouses, telling emergency officials to be prepared in 2011.

www.earth-issues.com...

Things do look suspicious. I think the do KNOW something big is happening or going to happen and they are just not telling us to avoid chaos in the general public.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think a mass extinction event is inevitable, the question is when and by what means. Of course, at the current time, we have no control over some possible causes but others we do. It’s the ones we have control over that concern me. The others I try not to worry about.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The problem isn't in the taking of resources, it is in HOW we take them. You can pull all of the oil,iron and metals out of the earth you want and not mess anything up, if it is done right. We live in an age where the technology is there to do all of these things with little or no damage to the ecosystem, but unfortunately, because corporations exist who care nothing about anything other than money, the damage they do obviously hurts the planet ecology.

We have been turned into a disposable society, where almost all products last 1 to 8 years then break down forcing you to buy a new product. (in order for the powers that be to generate taxes and revenue) To me, this is one of mankind's biggest problems. If you think about it, if we made things that lasted, and put money into clean tech, we wouldn't have nearly as bad of a problem as we do have now. I don't think it is to late to start repairing the damage we have helped to bring about,however as long as the human race continues to be a disposable society, we will continue down the road to self destruction and mass extinction.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

i don't buy any of these useless stuff presently..that's y i made the previous post..but makes me wonder...shudn't there be restrictions on how the resources get used..not in a capitalist economy..aah mankind not bothered in the least..that is the majority isn't of course

i still stand by my previous post

edit on 11-5-2011 by atsmem1980 because: (no reason given)

and i don't hav 2 convince u of anything

edit on 11-5-2011 by atsmem1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

top topics

join