It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU to keep files on all air passengers (and that includes what they EAT on flights) Read more: http

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

EU to keep files on all air passengers (and that includes what they EAT on flights) Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk

Millions of holidaymakers will have their personal details tracked on huge databases thanks to the latest EU diktat.
Countries will be expected to record air passengers’ information, including who they travelled with, the price they paid for a ticket, and even any meal requests they made.
EU member states would then be able to trawl their neighbours’ data to check for links to terrorism or other criminality.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Minister Damian Green admitted the directive would spark concerns about soverei
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Oh yes this is to identify terrorists. What possible benefit is their in knowing what people eat on a flight?

The Passenger Name Record Directive seems pointless anyway because within the EU there is passport free travel by land (except when leaving or entering the UK). any terrorist worth his salt would take the bus

This seems to tie in with the recent proposal from Italy and France to suspend the Schengen agreement which allows freedom of movement within the EU without passport. They cited the 'Arab Spring' as the reason for the proposal, this directive just strengthens their request IMHO.

Get ready for restriction of movement in the EU boys and girls. (My cynical side thinks it is tied in to prevention of economic migration if/when TSHTF in Greece again and potentially Spain after Portugals recent bailout.

Too cynical?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
couldnt resist: from the 'comments' section:

What next a number tattood on our arm ? Many brave people died to protect our freedom . - john pinney, ibiza spain, 11/5/2011 12:25 Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

My grandfather for one is turning in his grave as we speak no doubt!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I have to admit that I do wonder what the next colour armband will be!! and I feel all the more saddened for that.

However I honestly see no real need to keep this information!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I see big brother now has an iron grip on the eu too...
With those regs will never set foot in any western country again.. Far too oppressive for me..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If you don't like it.
Shut up, and don't fly.
Don't complain about it if you plan to do nothing.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
If you don't like it.
Shut up, and don't fly.

aimed at who?

Do I not have the right to travel without being tracked?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk

If you don't like it.
Shut up, and don't fly.

aimed at who?

If you're not going to do anything, you don't have the right to complain IMO.
So put up[go protest] or be quiet.

I don't know why people on ATS would be mad.
It isn't like any of you guys leave the house.[much]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Lol, there is no right of protest anymore in the UK - the criminal justice act prevents that. My protest is limited to changing my vote, pointless in the tory heartlands I live in or letter writing...

The problem is that because of agreements like Maastrich as a nation we have no ability to reject such Diktats from the EU. We could protest until we are blue in the face but these rules are imposed on our nation due to entrenched historic agreements. The fact of the matter is that our sovereignty is partial. The EU is the true power.

How do you suggest I do something about this?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Lol, there is no right of protest anymore in the UK - the criminal justice act prevents that. My protest is limited to changing my vote, pointless in the tory heartlands I live in or letter writing...

The problem is that because of agreements like Maastrich as a nation we have no ability to reject such Diktats from the EU. We could protest until we are blue in the face but these rules are imposed on our nation due to entrenched historic agreements. The fact of the matter is that our sovereignty is partial. The EU is the true power.

How do you suggest I do something about this?

Move away if you don't like it.
Second line.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

lol

put up and shut up huh?!?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
and as if to prove my point: todays guardian

Police buy software to map suspects' digital movements Geotime software, bought by the Met, collates data from social networking sites, satnavs, mobiles and financial transactions

even if i did protest they would track me for that too:

Britain's largest police force is using software that can map nearly every move suspects and their associates make in the digital world, prompting an outcry from civil liberties groups. The Metropolitan police has bought Geotime, a security programme used by the US military, which shows an individual's movements and communications with other people on a three-dimensional graphic. It can be used to collate information gathered from social networking sites, satellite navigation equipment, mobile phones, financial transactions and IP network logs. Police have confirmed its purchase and declined to rule out its use in investigating public order disturbances. Campaigners and lawyers have expressed concern at how the software could be used to monitor innocent parties such as protesters in breach of data protection legislation.

Looks like 'the creeping' surveillance allegations aren't true. TPTB have just decided to go full hell for leather and monitor every aspect of our lives both real world and digital.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

If you don't like it.
Shut up, and don't fly.

aimed at who?

If you're not going to do anything, you don't have the right to complain IMO.
So put up[go protest] or be quiet.

I don't know why people on ATS would be mad.
It isn't like any of you guys leave the house.[much]

Just to be picky but wouldn't the same kinda rules apply to you and your post? or do you consider you words protest enough?

would you apply the same rules to, I don't know, say Thomas Paine's pamphlets! should he have shut up??

Words have their own kind of power .. and while I might write a little rant about oh say, customs officers, who knows who might read it. perhaps another Benjamin Franklin or the Twelve.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

The way the UK is moving is very saddening... especially when it is in conjunction with the EU..

Fortunately my neck of the woods they are still rather wary about putting up cameras or speed cameras as their little bits of technology have a habit of exploding with makeshift explosives.

But that won't last.. since this is creeping into every part of our lives.. very sad indeed.. thanks for sharing

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Silly EU regulations and Nick Clegg still supports them? That's why he has to leech off the only decent political party in this country, to get his stupid ideas into contention.

I know it's been said for years by the public and the national newspapers but I hope we get a referendum on the EU soon.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I hope they keep a detailed record of the frequency of my use of the inflight toilet due to said inflight food.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

I hope they keep a detailed record of the frequency of my use of the inflight toilet due to said inflight food.

Are you sure you want that???
Maybe next time they will charge you more because you use more of their toilet chemicals!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikepopy

Originally posted by zookey

Are you sure you want that???
Maybe next time they will charge you more because you use more of their toilet chemicals!

Nah I have a policy never to fly Ryan Air

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Denmark brings in stricter border...

Got to love the Scandinavians, no messing, no discussion at European level, just do it!

Denmark yesterday joined an increasing number of European countries seeking tighter border controls in an attempt to curb crime and illegal immigration. Finance Minister Claus Hjort Frederiksen said police and customs officials will use border stations for random checks on cars and passports, and increase the use of scanners designed to detect illegal immigrants hiding in vans. He said control booths will be erected at crossings to Germany and Sweden and in harbours and airports. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

It looks like this renewal of full border control will be a fait accompli. The Danish seem to be getting around the Schengen agreement by saying the controls will be random not mandatory and are targeted at illegal immigrants from the 'Arab Spring'

edit on 12-5-2011 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join