It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP IMPACT: FEMA asks for return of disaster aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

AP IMPACT: FEMA asks for return of disaster aid

news.yahoo.com

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – After the raging Cedar River filled his home with 13 feet of water and ruined most of his possessions, Justin Van Fleet pleaded for help from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to get back on his feet.
Dead broke and living in a FEMA trailer following the 2008 flood, Van Fleet repeatedly submitted paperwork and made countless phone calls arguing his case. After seven months, the agency finally gave him more than $20,000, which he said gave him his life back...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I really don't know what to say about this story. It's fascinating to me, that now, in the midst of an economic recession that the Obama administration would even allow FEMA to do this, and not continue with the freeze on recollection efforts that was in place.

I do like the line though that Congress is actually doing something and trying to pass a law that would waive this debt, that is at least an acknowledgement that it wasn't the disaster victim's faults.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Do you really think somebody's gonna give back that money and it is a recession ? Be realistic, I wouldn't give back that money under any circumstances. I would've payed the bills off and do whatever else I wanted with it, that is unreal!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I read this story and all I could think about was how FEMA was supposed to factor into to New World Order. With its secret Concentration Camps and stockpile of Disposable Coffins big enough for 4-5 bodies here in the U.S. it is no surprise that the FEMA branch of our Illuminati Government would want its money back from us, the sheep, who will pay for our ignorance soon.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I feel bad for the poor people that are getting these notices, FEMA messed up and now they wanna blame the victims? c'mon... that's not how it's done...

new topics

join