It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, so what's going on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
What is going on?

There's spiritual views, which correlate with mayan predictions and i have talked about in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But for this thread, lets look at concrete analysis:

There are almost as many earthquakes in these first few months there where total last year, and the amount of 5.0+'s have increased gradually since 2009. The weather is going nuts. We just had Rain in may in california... what? And thats nothing, look at the midwest.

Is it nibiru? If it is, where is Nibiru and why can't i see it?

Comet elenin? How would something so small have such a large impact? If Elenin is Nibiru it should be big and visible by now, right? A planet that would have that much impact would appear at least somewhat close to size to the moon, give or take.

Galactic alignment? What would a galactic alignment have to do with earthquakes? Maybe this has to do with the sun's activity?

I feel as if the moon is getting bigger and bigger(closer?) everyday, but sometimes the stars seem brighter too(thinner atmosphere from solar radiation?).

The sun's activity is causing pole shifts? Sure, but what's causing the sun's activity? If this is a periodic cycle, howcome we didnt know about it and even wierder, how did the Mayans predict the next cycle?

In the end, there's still more questions than answers.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Is it so hard to believe that it might just be devine intervention.

A greater power doing all of this. Part of a plan, made millenia ago.

VVV

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I don't know what, but things certainly seem different. We have major flooding here in the Memphis area and last year it was Nashville. Actually around the same time. The world seems different, it's kind of like pieces of a puzzle falling into place for some reason.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
There are almost as many earthquakes in these first few months there where total last year

Not true.
Whether you just count large (> magnitude 4) earthquakes or all earthquakes in total, the numbers are nowhere near "almost as many".
USGS

and the amount of 5.0+'s have increased gradually since 2009.

Whats that even mean to mean?
Since we are in 2011 as we speak, all you're saying is that 2010 was bigger than 2009. Well, there's a 50/50 chance of that if earthquakes are random.
And how do you explain 2007 being even bigger then?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by demonseed

Is it so hard to believe that it might just be devine intervention.

A greater power doing all of this. Part of a plan, made millenia ago.

VVV

"He's got the whole world, in his hands..."

And he's crushing his palms together!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

There are almost as many earthquakes in these first few months there where total last year, and the amount of 5.0+'s have increased gradually since 2009. The weather is going nuts. We just had Rain in may in california... what? And thats nothing, look at the midwest.

Well that is a whole lot of contradiction in those few sentences. What concrete analysis includes vague generalisations about earthquakes and the statement "we just had rain in may"? Are you saying that in known history, it has never rained during May in California? Sigh.

You may have had good intentions, but you certainly didn't go about it the right way. Seems to be a common theme around here lately.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
We have to stop coming out with comments like "it's not normal" because the simple truth is that we do not know if its normal or not. We have been aware of our existence on this planet for the blink of an eye. Human records go back in europe only a couple of thousand years - beyond that we know nothing / little. Knowledge of human presence in the Americas (record keeping, etc) only goes back a few hundred years.

In geological terms these are the blinks of an eye, literally equivalent to a couple of minutes for us in the 'present world'. If you notice something happening for a few seconds during your day that doesn't usually happen, do you now view it as the 'norm' or just as 'one of those things'? This surely also therefore applies to our planet? For all we know, tornadoes and floods in the US like at present, as well as similar around parts of the world, are totally natural. We may very easily have simply been in a very human friendly era of earths extremely recent history - in fact a lot of recent research tends to support this view.

Basically, what i am saying is that we do not know what is happening or if it is natural variations or not. Therefore, saying its not normal or any other statement presented as 100% fact either way is just not plausible or honest

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

What is going on?

There's spiritual views, which correlate with mayan predictions and i have talked about in this thread:

It is quite possible these "spiritual views" correlate, but they are probably not mutually exclusive. Do you think that reading about mayan predictions or theories on shifts in conciousness, might have some effect on your "experiences"? If you haven't asked yourself this, I think it is very important that you do.

I consider myself to be a fairly open minded and spiritual person, yet when I see that peoples "experiences" correlate with common theories or selling points, it makes me question their validity. Not saying that I think anyone is wrong, just that I'm not willing to go believing everything I see on the internet. A little research can go a long way towards better understanding this world we live in. In saying that, I don't think everything can be truly understood, we just have to try our best.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
My money is on solar activity having an effect.

The solar cycle is common knowledge, roughly every 11 years the solar poles do a flip, we are currently heading towards the solar maxim of cycle 24 in the next couple of years, which means activity will ramp up.

Althought this has not played out a s typical cycle thus far, it is not the first to do so, nonethless it stands to reason that we may see actvity on earth that has not been experienced in several lifetimes until now, just because every now and again nature loves a good clear out.

The poles are on the move here on earth too, which is not quite sich a regular event, yet any true change may not even happen n our lifetime, although it has been said that it is accerlerating.

more info on solar cycle 24

Enjoy

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Lets not forget about continental drift: The position of the continents affects wind and ocean currents. As they creep along, there has to be a tipping point where the patterns begin to shift. We could very well be seeing the front edge of these patterns changing.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
well i will put this here earthquake.usgs.gov... for you too see that there have been an in cress in EQ's of 3 or better .
edit on 11-5-2011 by bekod because: text correction

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Guys, what's going on right now is not normal.

Some people are saying we dont know what's normal because we havent experienced yet, well that is still not normal, am i right?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

What is going on?

Is it nibiru? If it is, where is Nibiru and why can't i see it?

Comet elenin? How would something so small have such a large impact? If Elenin is Nibiru it should be big and visible by now, right? A planet that would have that much impact would appear at least somewhat close to size to the moon, give or take.

Galactic alignment? What would a galactic alignment have to do with earthquakes? Maybe this has to do with the sun's activity?

I feel as if the moon is getting bigger and bigger(closer?) everyday, but sometimes the stars seem brighter too(thinner atmosphere from solar radiation?).

The sun's activity is causing pole shifts? Sure, but what's causing the sun's activity? If this is a periodic cycle, howcome we didnt know about it and even wierder, how did the Mayans predict the next cycle?

In the end, there's still more questions than answers.

First off there have NOT been more earthquakes, just because there's been a few big ones everyone's freaking out over even moderately small ones.

Rain in California, in May, is NOT uncommon, I've lived here my whole life and we get rain sometimes even in the middle of summer. The midwest GETS THIS STUFF.

COMET ELENIN IS A SMALL COMET. Come on!

Moon seems normal to me.

top topics

join