It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware of TV, don't believe everything you see on TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This is a video showing just how easy it is to manipulate footage, it begs the question how much of the mainstream news has been manipulated in this way?

edit on 11-5-2011 by DEV1L79 because: .

edit on 11-5-2011 by DEV1L79 because: .

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

Good advice! Much in the same way I don't believe everything I read on ATS! lol!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I don't care what anybody says, Spongebob Squarepants is real, I met him in person at Six Flags
Seriously , CGI is so realistic looking, it can easily fool the older generation . We all should just cut our TV's off and read a good book

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
wait a minute... what about dr who? is that fake aswell?

on a serious note, who knew they used so much CGI? ugly betty green screen for a walk down a street?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

What about the radio?
I am listening to something called "War of the Worlds!"

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
How do you think Hitler got a whole nation believing that Jews were scum and needed to be killed.

The media is transmitted to billions and billions of people around the world who believe every word of it, media can be very dangerous.

Hollywood is the biggest manipulator of your thoughts and emotions there is, films and TV give you your moral compass and tell you what to think, what to buy, fashions, what is hot, who is hot, it tells you what is right and wrong, it gives you all the news so it can make you think what it wants such as what's happening around the world, who is bad and who are good etc..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by DEV1L79

What about the radio?
I am listening to something called "War of the Worlds!"

yeah, me and my redneck buddies went out and shot at the water towers when we heard that broadcast

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
I don't care what anybody says, Spongebob Squarepants is real, I met him in person at Six Flags
Seriously , CGI is so realistic looking, it can easily fool the older generation . We all should just cut our TV's off and read a good book

well it doesn´t only fool the old generation

i´m 22 and it had me fooled

great vid by the way OP

S&F

EDIT;
btw the read a good book part i like

edit on 11-5-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Is this video real?

Or was it created to deceive us?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by derickonfire

no, it is very real.

one of my relatives is in the film industry. He does a lot of directing and film editting. This really is not surprising to me. I think the average person has no idea how many things are shot in a studio, behind a green screen. Then again you got to have a little common sense to figure out they shoot behind a green screen. If they shot on site, you would have a crowd gather around the set and it would just ruin the shots. I have been on set before, it takes HOURS to set up a scene.
edit on 11-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

no, it is very real.

one of my relatives is in the film industry. He does a lot of directing and film editting. This really is not surprising to me. I think the average person has no idea how many things are shot in a studio, behind a green screen. Then again you got to have a little common sense to figure out they shoot behind a green screen. If they shot on site, you would have a crowd gather around the set and it would just ruin the shots. I have been on set before, it takes HOURS to set up a scene.
edit on 11-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

I knew that most scenes are green-scened - I used to want to be an actor until I realized how pathetically boring and uninteresting it really is.

This video is incredible though, mostly from a computer-geek perspective. The hardware/software is VERY powerful and I'm impressed!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I have to say, you need a pretty good imagination in addition to acting skills to do well out there. I'm not sure if I could see acting as boring, but hey I guess every person has their likes and dislikes.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEV1L79
How do you think Hitler got a whole nation believing that Jews were scum and needed to be killed.

The media is transmitted to billions and billions of people around the world who believe every word of it, media can be very dangerous.

Hollywood is the biggest manipulator of your thoughts and emotions there is, films and TV give you your moral compass and tell you what to think, what to buy, fashions, what is hot, who is hot, it tells you what is right and wrong, it gives you all the news so it can make you think what it wants such as what's happening around the world, who is bad and who are good etc..

Jews are scum. Whats your point?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman

Originally posted by DEV1L79

Jews are scum. Whats your point?

Adding racist to deceived does not improve an individuals position, standing or understanding one iota.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

I have to say, you need a pretty good imagination in addition to acting skills to do well out there. I'm not sure if I could see acting as boring, but hey I guess every person has their likes and dislikes.

I can use my imagination anytime without being a major tool.

Music, art, business, writing, whatever..

new topics

top topics

join