It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Thanks cheeky rob, useful,

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
It's an irrigation field, use the coordinates on Google Earth (24.714502,54.984069) and you'll see the other areas of the grid have begun growing vegetation. There are some misc. buildings that could be farm related but maybe they are trying to deal with food shortage or something of the like, it doesn't appear to be any sort of secret though. It's very close to Dubai, you could probably even see it from that monster tower that was built there.

Thanks for clearing this up. I had been wondering if the long straight roads could be runways, but i think you nailed it.

BTW, great avatar - one of my all time favourite movies (i love a bit of Mr J Capenter)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I can't view the area from google earth but If someone provides me with the location map I could go check it out since someone said it is near dubai and I live there.
I can take pictures and ask around the place for it's propose.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
has anyone tried to get ahold of the tour company for any information???? they might have a more educated guess than what i am seeing here.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSAUSTRALIA

I agree. Dome. All of the shadows cannot be on the same side if its a crater.

I think this is a future irrigation farm. Take a look at this picture. Look at the spacing of the dirt roads, the grid, now look at the pictures presented by the OP. The central building are different, but the grid is the same, as is the spacing of the domes in relation to the ones in the irrigation pic. I could be wrong, but they look correct.

Saudi Irrigation Farms

If you have google earth put in the coordinates to these domes and then look north east to the edge of the grid area. You'll see where they've begun farming this area. Looks like there are a bunch of uniform holes or craters in this area as well. Could be some experimental irrigation method.

ETA: The linked image is to an established irrigation farm, which is why its more vast than the one presented in the Op. If it is an experimental farm, then it would be smaller than normal.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sallamy

Follow truck road parallel to left you will see square patterns and the holes or domes are in the second group of squares.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

I still really don't think that this is above ground. It's an optical Illusion. This is a hole below ground, with a road that spirals down into the hole. The sun could be to the left of the page, setting in the west, and the rim of this hole, is causing the shadows where they are indicated (not the other way around with the sun on the right hand side cause the above ground structure to show the shadows in the opposite direction).

It is definitely below ground. I'm still thinking it is a MINE or QUARRY of somesort. Also those are definitely roads, and just some of the road just are covered up with light sand.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure what they could be. My guess is that the domes lead to some kind of underground research facility.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
They are Water tanks
www.gifford.uk.com...

Gifford was commissioned to provide two circular concrete tanks in separate locations. Each of these has a capacity of 10 million gallons, a diameter of 80m and a storage height of 9m, with a heavily reinforced concrete base slab bearing onto prepared ground. They are protected from excessive evaporation and sand infiltration by a shallow domed roof slab of pre-cast concrete on a radial arrangement of beams of moderate span. These, in turn, are supported on an array of concrete columns within the tank space, which carry the roof load down to the base slab. Notable Features Concentric tank compartments – The client’s brief specified that 1) the structures were to have an acceptable appearance without introducing unnecessary clutter into the landscape and 2) that each reservoir could be cleaned periodically whilst maintaining substantial storage and supply. Following a similar prestressed concrete design to the 80m outer tank, our solution was to create an internal division with a concentric inner compartment of 50m diameter. Efficient prestressed concrete design – Our prestressed concrete wall design limits cracking to very low levels, providing long-term durability and watertightness, while the external surface of the outer tank walls can be subjected to high solar gain and significant temperature differentials. The use of an unbonded prestressing system was coupled with separate anchorage points housed in simple external pilasters at intervals around the tank walls and integral with them. This ensured that applied tendon prestress was effective around the whole perimeter. Inexpensive joint detailing at the base of the tank walls allowed for movement under initial prestressing. Simplicity for rapid construction – Each tank’s 82m base slab was cast in a single pour of 3,200 metres of concrete; believed to be the largest ‘single pours’ in the UAE at that time. The walls were straightforward to construct as the use of unbonded prestressing tendons simplified reinforcement cage and anchorage detailing and removed the need to post-cast grouting of hollow ducts. The prestressed roof was also simple, economic and easy to erect.

+11 more 
posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Guys i live very close to them and pass that area from Dubai to Abu dhabi and they are to do with irregating the desert thats all nothing sinister at all its all part of a green belt project but each to there own

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by uSNUUZuLUUz
reply to post by ChachiArcola

I still really don't think that this is above ground. It's an optical Illusion. This is a hole below ground, with a road that spirals down into the hole. The sun could be to the left of the page, setting in the west, and the rim of this hole, is causing the shadows where they are indicated (not the other way around with the sun on the right hand side cause the above ground structure to show the shadows in the opposite direction).

It is definitely below ground. I'm still thinking it is a MINE or QUARRY of somesort. Also those are definitely roads, and just some of the road just are covered up with light sand.

Also to add to this.. why would someone make a road that spirals UP to a man made building? That is a lot of land to build up to make the ramp. More likely than not the spiral road goes downward, into the hole.
edit on 11-5-2011 by uSNUUZuLUUz because: spelling err

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by civpop

Thanks

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
From the limited information available I'd agree they are water storage of some sort.
You can look at other areas further west on the "grid" section and see large water towers.
Seems to be some massive agricultural project and I do recall reading about an arab royal
claiming they'd turn the desert into lush farmland soon..
I'll search for that and add source reference with edit if found.

www.reuters.com...

But these domes are exceedingly massive, perhaps there's also some sort of moisture gathering
component similar to a dehumidifier collecting trace amounts of water from the air when possible?
Star Wars fanboys know the truth-- It's a moisture farm! heheh

For real, does appear to be water related at least.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by civpop

Knew it! Thanks for the flyby scoop.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thanks, p00hbear

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
They are grain storage domes from UN "food for oil" program.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Water tanks /plant for desalinated water .

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
After doing some digging with a collegue of mine i'm going to have to say that these are irrigation farms. They could even be possible water, natural gas or oil reserve wells. They look totally benign to us.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I hope this solves the dome vs crater issue once and for all. The shadows are the key.

edit on 11-5-2011 by fenceSitter because: Embedded image

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Looks to me like it's a dome on the outside and crater in the center. to keep the sand from going in.
Also the road around it, looks to be going up the side and down in the middle

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join