It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks been bugging me for ages

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

No it's not because the underground city has transparent domes in order to let sunlight through.

In my opinion these are huge water tanks covered with solar panels to provide pumps with electricity.

Most of the tank is buried deep in the sand.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 01010101010101
this looks fake as hell , look at the pics .... smudges can be seen.... looks like Photoshop to me ...

Yeah right and after photoshopping the smudgy pictures, they hacked the Google Earth Server and uploaded them for everyone to see.

You're not the sharpest knife in Nanas drawer, hmm ?
edit on 11-5-2011 by H1ght3chHippie because: typo

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
they look like ordinary missile silos to me

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Anyone find Ferrari World yet? Prepare for mind blowage..

The man made islands are pretty sweet too.

You can get down to ground level in Google Earth, and they have some of the 3d structures popping out. Use your CTRL, Shift and ALT to mess around with it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Who's Nana, and what are you doing checking out her drawers?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This may be a dumb question, I read the first few pages of replies, but haven't had a chance to read them all, but is it possible that with the lack of roads leading up to the 'things', that those are runways?? I don't know if they're long enough or whatever, but maybe flying is the way that whoever goes there, gets there!?
edit on 11-5-2011 by Weeeden because: adding stuff

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 13star

If they are not missile silos, then I'd say ....

They are VAWT wind turbines used to pump water from deep wells, the lines are likely
power and water service ways, a large aquifer was found under north africa not too long ago.

The top power producer VAWT to date is the Regenedyne.

Aquifer information

Underground aquifers contain 100 times the volume of fresh water found on the Earth's surface but they have been neglected under international law despite their environmental, social, economic and strategic importance. On Monday, that will change as the UN General Assembly receives the draft of a new international treaty to safeguard these enormous pools of underground water shared by more than one country. The draft Convention on Transboundary Aquifers applies to 96 percent of the planet's freshwater resources - those that are to be found in underground aquifers, most of which straddle national boundaries. Many shared aquifers are under environmental threats caused by climate change, growing population pressure, over-exploitation, and human induced water pollution.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: content

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I was told by a friend.....In the UK these domes are used for housing radar heads, but can be used for all industrial applications. Could be water for example.??????

They may be in place to protect against sandstorms.?????

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 13star

They are probably solar panels to provide electricity for whatever they're doing in the buildings

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 13star

Looks like they could be underground uranium enrichment facilities. One of those sandbox countries would really like to have a pocketful of Nukes........just in case the # really breaks out. It really is the only way to carry out the delicate and sensitive operation, underground, and away from snoop gear.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
With the Latitude and Longitude we should find this on Google Earth !

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Google earth co-ordinates - 24.714502,54.984069

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It looks like a mining operation

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I say it is cratered, not a dome because of the shadows...Take a cup and shine a light on it from just a little above the rim. The shadow will be cast on the upper side just like in the photos. You have 2 shadows there, not one. One from the building, and one from the top rim of whatever this is.

P/S...After looking at these for 30 mins now I have changed my mind. I to think they are a dome. That is, if they are real at all....
edit on 11-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 13star

Although the grid lines can be considered 'innefficient' as roads (and I do understand the point), obviously each dome is stationed right next to one of the grid lines, and it appears that the paved road that comes off of each dome, at the point it reaches the grid line, appears "worn" in both directions, as if vehicles turn onto it on a consistent basis. My verdict? Definitely a road (or atleast being used as one)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
changed my theory. Page 9
edit on 11-5-2011 by Mactire because: see above, sucka

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The lines of the rectangular grid with such smooth "sand" between them are actually the edges of the concrete roofing slabs we are looking down on. They are camouflaged by being made with desert sand, keeping them the exact colour of the surrounding sand, and being level with the ground. The small metal domes placed at regular intervals on the grid are air intakes. Access to this (military) facility is via a vehicle lift at the top of the road spiraling up the large dome.

The facility is deep and vast, with its own hydroponic food supply and large underground recreation areas. It is staffed by scientists who are allowed to go home for a week every month, and who know what would happen to their families if they were to reveal anything they are working on to anyone, by military minders and clerks, and by a staff to keep everything running, (cooks, cleaners, maintenance, gardeners, medical staff, etc,) who live on site to prevent information leaks. This also prevents attention being drawn to the site by vast numbers of vehicles accessing and leaving it each day.

There are also long underground tunnels connecting the facility to other military installations.

Living there is quite pleasant, unless you are one of their guinea pigs.

Naturally, all the above is pure speculation.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 13star

underground bunkers or something for missils ?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
They don't look like domes, they look more like craters.

The road spirals downwards, not up.

Looks like it to me anyway.

As a guess, i'd say it was either fresh water storage for the new 'island' developments UAE have built, or sewerage.

May even be underground oil storage.

Or could be doomsday bunkers for the rich that will be buying the multimillion $ apartments and private islands in the area.

Unless we get someone stop by who actually lives there, or has worked on these things (or knows someone who has), we're only guessing.

I have to agree.

It definitely looks depressed to me, with the "road" spiraling from the bottom out to the surface. Since this is the desert, i would also guess that these "craters" are for water, and the rectangular structure at the bottom is a raised cover of some sort that houses a pumping station, probably for irrigation.

That is really the only thing that makes sense.

BUT if they ARE craters, and if they stay empty, wouldn't they constantly take in sand and constantly have to be cleaned? That would be a pain.

I guess a dome makes practical sense in that regard, but a crater makes practical sense in the other.

I say depressed, not raised, with a road leading to the bottom for maintenance, etc. But that's how i see it.

Cool, nevertheless.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join