It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
IMHO

The structures are upwards, above the desert and not going down.

Simply because the sand. Whatever is inside, the way they build this structures is in my opinion a way to prevent it from getting "sanded" in.

By raising it above the desert, sand will be blown of, and the entrance will stay clear without much maintenance.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I love these little mysteries.

Yeah, it is a raised dome. I verified it to my satisfaction by comparing the shadows on the building to other obviously raised structures in th area and they match for a raised building. Also, if the building was sunken, the center box would also need top be sunken for the shadows to make sense, otherwise, the shadow would be reversed.

In any case, I hope Dr. UAE can get the opportunity to drive out there and see what they are. My guess is either a greenhouse or water storage facility (maybe tapping into an underground aquifer)... Gotta say, though, that part of that looks a lot like a "hanger" with the broad white strips on either side of the center building.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by p00hbear

thanks pOOhbear,

i just got a kick from that...

i couldnt find these things we are talking about,
BUT i have just spent the last 1/2 hour looking at a couple of other weird things...
like: on that map, where the big BLUE pointer is set, look at the DUBAI MARITIME CENTRE... it has some weird structures,

and also inland on TRIPOLI st are actual WATER reservoirs.
+ check out the WARSAN district, ...

sorry i cant actually give coordinates,

but i have found half a dozen really unusual things (at least to my eyes)...

awesome thanks,

i am going to start a thread one day, just about the other things i have just found in United Arab Emirates/Dubai

seeya
edit on 11/5/2011 by shaneR because: typo

edit on 11/5/2011 by shaneR because: more typos, sorry

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I also have been looking at all the crazy stuff they are building over there. They really have a thing for saucer shapes lol. Anyway this thread is interesting, anyone know what the sundial looking thing is at the airport just south east of these fields? (On my phone, can't post coordinates, sorry)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 13star

Sweet pictures! Seriously, awesome. Now what the hell are we looking at? Looks futurist & fun. I want one

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
this looks fake as hell , look at the pics .... smudges can be seen.... looks like Photoshop to me ...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 01010101010101

Even though they can be seen on google earth/maps?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 01010101010101
this looks fake as hell , look at the pics .... smudges can be seen.... looks like Photoshop to me ...

So you think Google is photoshopping their satellite imagery?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
They don't look like domes, they look more like craters.

The road spirals downwards, not up.

Looks like it to me anyway.

As a guess, i'd say it was either fresh water storage for the new 'island' developments UAE have built, or sewerage.

May even be underground oil storage.

Or could be doomsday bunkers for the rich that will be buying the multimillion $ apartments and private islands in the area.

Unless we get someone stop by who actually lives there, or has worked on these things (or knows someone who has), we're only guessing.

Actually, if you look at the shadows in relation to the direction that the sun is coming from, there is no doubt that this is a dome. If it were a crater as you suggested, the shadowed areas at the top of the image would be on the opposite side. I just wanted to point that out

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Can you share the correct coords. I keep gettting truck road and 2 other named roads.
Thaks in advance.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
People please do your research before claiming things. If you had an understanding of light and shadow then anyone can see these structures are raised. FULL STOP!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Can you share the correct coords. I keep gettting truck road and 2 other named roads.
Thaks in advance.

24.714502,54.984069 is what I put into Google Earth.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Thanks I will try these.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It's right next to truck road

Can you explain to me what flags stars and the w & k mean please I'm new can't find anything to explain what they are thanks

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by 01010101010101

So you think Google is photoshopping their satellite imagery?

Yes they do! A team of people have to blur out faces and number plates in google street view. How painful. And this "smudging" happens everywhere. Its a combination bad stitching and a huge amount of different photo's.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
sorry my bad ... didnt see the coordinates and i couldnt find it so ... again my bad ... after looking at google earth to me now it looks like missile silos

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd
My belief is that those are underground eco-cities. Why? Because it resembles their project for one. Follow link bellow:
Eco -cities project in UAE desert

So it is resilved, I think.

www.impakt.nl/index.php/artworks/Upgrade_cities

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
These places are HUGE, you could paint an H on the square top and land a chopper, also what is under the sand to support this structure, sand won't bear the loading of a building this size so the foundations must be massive, I wonder how much of the structure is actually underground? Is this some sort of massive storage silo for grain or cereals? or is it something more sinister, I've spent ages looking for references to these buildings and come up with nothing. Mystery .....

p00hbear

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncertain1
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It's right next to truck road

Can you explain to me what flags stars and the w & k mean please I'm new can't find anything to explain what they are thanks

Flags are obtained when you make threads and people like your thread content so they flag it, which if many flags are gathered your thread will be pushed to the front page of ATS. Stars are simular to flags except you get them from post you make that people like and your threads. W means Way above top secret points, which I believe is related to how well you create and contribute to threads you created content. Karma well that Is something you gotta ask another member. Hope it helped.
edit on 5/11/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Those structures are where the bees for the hybrid corn fields are kept ---like from the first X-Files (Fight the Future) movie.

But, seriously... If these are in the Middle East, I'd say that some wealthy royalty (and there's a lot of royal wealth there) has constructed these entrances to a larger, deeper underground complex in the event of some natural or man-made disaster. I doubt they created these for warfare since they aren't hidden. I'm sure that if we look hard and long enough at Google Earth, we'll see similar constructions around the world. But, if someone were to create a complex in a mountain, then the entrances would surely be harder to spot. You can bet that there are such complexes in the Alps, the retreat of Europe's wealthy elite. But, in the desert, there is mainly sand, and whoever built these wasn't concerned with hiding or appearances it would seem.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join