It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
PS - for something equally interesting to think about :

24°31'4.07"N , 54°58'48.34"E

labeled as " ABU DHABI NORTH EAST "

linky

its got alot of blast resistant disperements

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by zookey

Yeah, another good point. But that sand looks fairly recent. They probably have to clean it off on a fairly regular basis.

The desert is very changing, you cannot use sand as a landmark lol.. The wind will blow the sand off those naturally.

That is another reason why it is elevated not depressed into the ground.

edit on 11-5-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I'm not sure if this is anything, but there is an image taken in the area (you know people can post images to Google Earth), it appears to be people on a so called Safari. But driving in the opposite direction is a bunch of white suv's:

Company for the vehicle is Arabian Adventures:

www.arabian-adventures.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Yes, the people taking the photo are clearly with the Arabian Adventures group, but what about the suv's going in the opposite direction? I can't see the red markings which seem to be on all their vehicles.

edit on 11-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Another large pic:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88943dd51af9.jpg[/atsimg]

I think i found what it is. If this is really what those domes are, it is incredible. Are you ready for it? My belief is that those are underground eco-cities. Why? Because it resembles their project for one. Follow link bellow:
Eco -cities project in UAE desert

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

Good Find, Yeah maybe but im sure we would of been told

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Not sure, but the first white SUV looks like it has the Chevrolet symbol on its grill (in gold, kind of hard to make out in the pic)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal

Good Find, Yeah maybe but im sure we would of been told

Really? Are you sure they tell you everything?
hehehe

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Could be the start of those. It's hard to tell how deep in the ground the "craters" are.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Yeah sorry UAE. At first I wondered if they might be oil or water but why so big ? If any one holding oil/water became contaminated surely it would be a pretty expensive loss. If you bury a tank you've pretty much written off being able to inspect it or perform any maintenance. Surely there must be some regulation for that. Puzzling huh ?

They have flying saucers hanging from the airport ceiling in Dubai Airport and STRANGE Terminals in Abu Dhabi airport too.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe299f17fe1d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/752bc3fe918f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f400269c640e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Very cool, I'm still not sold on the idea of that actually being what they are.

Judging by the eco city layout, the whole top appears to be glass/plastic to allow sunlight for the plants. Theses pictures show a structure that doesn't appear to be see-through, and solid enough for cars to drive up onto judging by the ramp/driveway sections.

It's possible the light is just reflecting off the surface and making it appear as if the objects are solid colored, but I don't know.... it would be cool if that's what they are, but I'm not convinced yet.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Could be the start of those. It's hard to tell how deep in the ground the "craters" are.

It has already been established that they are not craters .
Oh do keep up

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Just to prove my point about the SUV's. This picture shows that all the Arabian Adventure SUV's have a large red stripe down the side, which is not visible on the group of white SUV's in the other photo:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think the vans are on a safari type holiday day out thingy...

As for the domes, I don't really know what they are, but one thing is for sure they are doing a lot of building and development in the desert over there, so they could be linked to the new eco homes under the sand...

Dubai attractions

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Could the spiral road be a kind of run way? instead of having it a long straight run way, compact it into a spiral. Would that work?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Is there not a reason why runways are straight though? As in, the aeroplanes need that long straight line to get enough speed for take-off?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Matti420

Yeh I agree. I was just having a guess realy. It looked like a road that lead to nowhere so i thought maybe something took off at the end of it. Unless its for dune buggys to get in and out or something?? Im just guessing.

Btw does anyone see what looks like faint writing in the sand on the first pic? Or is it a faint water mark or something on the photo?
edit on 11-5-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Look again. The road swirls DOWN into the crater.

And lose the attitude.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I'm not sure if this is anything, but there is an image taken in the area (you know people can post images to Google Earth), it appears to be people on a so called Safari. But driving in the opposite direction is a bunch of white suv's:

I have been dune"bashing" in Dubai in white SUVs, there were 4 in all on our adventure.
Nothing sinister really.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Yeah, it says google, e.i. google maps

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join