It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Is it possible these are solar panels to generate electricity?

link   
reply to post by zookey

It looks more like the road comes from where the suspected "underground passageway" is, rather than the other way about. Would make more sense to me aswell, as to get to that underground tunnel you would first need to be inside the "complex". Ito appears that the road spirals round the complex to get to an entrance?
edit on 09/05/2011 by Matti420 because: (no reason given)

link   
I think its all water related.... its only just off the Sheikh Zayed road.

Looking around you can see older versions of potentially the same tech. Most of the Sheikh Zayed road is beautifully planted and has mega irrigation being it runs through the desert.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zookey

They will need good strong wipers to wipe away sand as they drive underground on that road
Yeah, another good point. But that sand looks fairly recent. They probably have to clean it off on a fairly regular basis.

What is a Raod anyway?
lol, it's an anomalous road. haha, no, it's the result of me not paying attention.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Could the intersecting 'roads' be pipelines just under the sand?
I read somewhere that there was a large pipeline network recently constructed to bring crude oil to the Indian ocean. Maybe has something to do with that?

Looking at the shape of those building though it does make sense that they would lead underground but even in that case, why on a grid network?

They inspire more questions than answers thats for sure.
Are there any populated or commercial areas near them?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Each of the "grid" areas are fenced in. When you zoom all the way in you can seethe fences. Also there seems to be a type of heliport off to the SE of the "domes".

[url=http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This is either for water or petroleum

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Gigantic time capsules.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is anything, but there is an image taken in the area (you know people can post images to Google Earth), it appears to be people on a so called Safari. But driving in the opposite direction is a bunch of white suv's:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
In-fact I drove down there a couple of months back and there is no security stuff, just lots of water towers. From the road you only see a concrete structure to contain the water and could not see any of the 'metallic' structure.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
They don't look like domes, they look more like craters.

The road spirals downwards, not up.

Looks like it to me anyway.

As a guess, i'd say it was either fresh water storage for the new 'island' developments UAE have built, or sewerage.

May even be underground oil storage.

Or could be doomsday bunkers for the rich that will be buying the multimillion $ apartments and private islands in the area.

Unless we get someone stop by who actually lives there, or has worked on these things (or knows someone who has), we're only guessing.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The link didn't work so here are the coordinates for the heliport.24.646691,55.098985

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Matti420

Great point, but i don't think it is an underground passage way. It looks as though the suspicious dark line near the start of the ramp is a dirt road of some sort, which would mean that all of the lines in the grids are roads. Perhaps there are more to be constructed, or they just wanted the area to look awesome.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Another large pic:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88943dd51af9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
they are IMHO - part of an irigation structure - follow the " grid " WNW towards the road - ypu can see the start of planting and development

+14 more 
posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

It is elevated not depressed. You can tell this from the shadowing.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Here's a large pic of another one which shows us the structure from a different angle. It sort of creates an optical illusion:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91ea60688743.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I still have no idea what this is, but I think I found the older/original style.
24°42'58.02"N 55° 3'20.87"E

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a173f5988d0e.jpg[/atsimg]

Not sure what this is either, but found it in a nearby area. Just seems strange so thought I would share.

24°43'58.09"N 55° 2'36.92"E

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jlay7

If you re-read my post you will see that I dont think its an underground passageway either. =]

In regards to your other point....they OBVIOUSLY just wanted to make it look awesome. Haha =P

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russh50
The link didn't work so here are the coordinates for the heliport.24.646691,55.098985

There's a complex SE of there that has a soccer field.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join