It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

edit on 13-5-2011 by civpop because: Change

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

Congratulations CIVPOP!! Great investigative work and at last a proper answer! Great. I knew it wasn't sinister but thought it odd no-one knew for sure... now we do. Well done.
I hope you get the stars you deserve and people actually read your post and check out some of the pictures.

The next person who replies on this thread saying they aren't domes or they have a sinister motive is a complete noob.

CIVPOP has the answer.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

Civpop your a STAR, def missile silos

p00hbear

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

Civpop you are a LEGEND ! Outstanding work. How amazing is the outreach of the internet and human curiosity ?? Unbelievable !

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i am amazed that this has gone on for 26 pages - the correct answer was deduced in the first pages - but hey - if an issue this clear cut can drag on for 26 pages - no wonger ATS struggles my ambiguous data

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

Good work!!! Setles a few arguments, lets hope.

Of course there will be those who say it is a 2012 catastrophy shelter disguised as a greenbelt project, but I am sticking with the watter tank theory - it answers all the questions!

edit on 13-5-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by p00hbear
reply to post by Shamatt

Shamatt, I agree in principal with you, but like many other folk, I've searched and not found any structures like these anywhere in the world that are used for water storage or irrigation systems. The design and construction appears more than a water tank like those used in other desert areas. What would be useful is a profile pic and some idea of the materials used. Sorry to be posting in what many regard as a dead topic.

p00hbear

Happy yet p00hey?

Or do you need it in brail too?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Thanx for going out on a limb to get those 'top secret' photos!! Couldn't see the forest for the trees! Bit dubias. Cheers

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by iamnowhere

I can put up pictures of the trees if you really want me to ?????

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Fine Shamatt, could we do it in Neon lights please, eyes are not that good anymore

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by p00hbear

Sorry I was rude, I couldn't resist it! lol Thank you for taking so well well. Kudos!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
great pics - though if it's been around for so long (the google maps pics are four years old) - how come there are not trees?

should we really accept the easiest answer? Are we certain that there's no cover up here of something else?

why would you need to get such large vehicles to the top of the domes?

anyway, this thread'll probably end now...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I am at work so cant see these pictures yet, will need to check them when I go home. Its awesome though that we now have confirmation for anyone who was still a bit Dubaious(intentional wordplay...=P) that they were something sinister.

Man I just cracked myself up a wee bit....gawd work is boring...=/

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
If you drive down there, (i know some cant) but its clearly fenced in with municipality signs everywhere, there are areas within there that they use to grow trees, when the trees (like palm trees that line the walkways etc) are grown to a certain height they remove them and plan them outside buildings etc and then re-plant seeds to start again, the whole are is not used for planting, but the domes are definitely raised above ground, i found these links and thought they may be useful for you to read, there is definitely nothing sinister, trust me the wife was highly disappointed we didn't find anything untoward Lol

www.igcs.ae...

www.igcs.ae...

Future Pipe Group
Selected Potable Water/Irrigation References
For Fiberglass (FRP) Pipes
Project - 113 - Water Transport
Network and Pumping Station for Al
Maha Forest
H.H. Sheikh Zayed Private
Department
Societe Egyptienne
D'Enterprises
Tebodin Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. 2004 Irrigation Water 225 65,600
16, 24, 32 & 39

3 ADWEA Irrigation Pipe Lines
from Sweihan to Al
Maha Forest & Ajban
farm.
65 Km Project includes transfer of
data between five Main
locations; pump s

Projects Handed Over by “ODASCO” in the last 3 years
Pump Stations
Contract: Irrigation pipelines from Swiehan to Al Maha forest and
Ajban farms (Bida Khalifa).
Project Description Water transmission from Sweihan reservoir to Al Maha
reservoir, Bida Khalifa 1 and 2 pumping stations. Water
transmission is established through 1000mm dia Pipeline.
Control and monitoring of the water transmission network is
established from the existing SCADA control center in Ajban
Pumping Station.
ODASCO Scope: Complete Control, Instrumentation package covering design,
supply, installation, commissioning and training. Scope
includes;
 Supply of Siemens SCADA system based on S7-300/S7-
400H redundant PLC controllers.
 Supply and installation of E&H Pressure switches.
 Redundant OTN (Open Transport Network) for
communication between Sweihan Reservoir, Ajban, Bida
Khalifa 1 and 2 pumpng stations.
 Fiber cable interface between all pumping stations
through 65 Km Fiber optic network. Scope of work
included supply, installation, testing and commissioning
of the FOC network.
 Electrical works for all RTUs and instruments.
Modification for the existing SCADA (LSX) was carried
out by OEM.
Main Contractor: ASTRACO Construction.
Client: Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA).
Consultant: Montgomery Watson Harza
Completed: 2007

OK thats enough from me know i think we should all be satisfied it is water and nothing sinister.
Edited to add, that the tree planting is only part of the forest, Dubai, for anyone who does not know, is really trying to turn green like other countries and do what they can, recycling, conserving energy, water retention, water cleaning and so on, the whole green belt area is used for such stuff, you can actually drive all the way around it, you can drive through it (separated fencing by a fire break), there are gates etc but they are not hidden so no one can see in, roads run through the green belt and the Maha Forest, the only reason its fenced in, is to stop people going in and camping, dumping rubbish etc, which is a huge problem here in Dubai, you see camp litter and rubbish all over the desert roads as there are no public tips (dumpsters??) not yet anyway.

Phew Done for me Lol

edit on 13-5-2011 by civpop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
no public tips - I noticed a similar thing when in Egypt - there's just rubish everywhere!
all along the sides of the roads through the deserts, just full of rubish, plastic bottles, tin cans, and carrier bags mostly.
I was disgusted.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CrastneyJPR

Yep its quite bizzare, there is a government tip, but public are not allowed to use it, so its always a dilemma when you have a piece of old furniture or something larger to get rid of, usually end up just giving it to a charity, not so much rubbish at road sides as the Police would lock you up if they copped you dumping, just campers tend to be a bit messy, plus locals pull up at road side have a BBQ (yep seriously this happens all along the roads) and leave their rubbish behind, but they are slowly getting there, just takes time

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i am amazed that this has gone on for 26 pages - the correct answer was deduced in the first pages - but hey - if an issue this clear cut can drag on for 26 pages - no wonger ATS struggles my ambiguous data

Have to give the guy some credit.

We are all told time and time again, not to be spoon fed information, but to go and research it for ourselves.

A member was local to what was being discussed,so went, looked and took photos.

Star for him.

edit on 13-5-2011 by dsm1664 because: sp

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
At first I thought these were water stations for the surrounding area but... what troubles me is a side-on view - the stations are raised high enough to see over the walls protecting them. It reminds me of a pill-box bunker like the ones we used in SA to protect certain key areas from terrorist insurgents. I'm in no way saying this is some sort of shady development, I'm merely pointing out that the inner towers have JUST enough room for the multi-viewing-windowed centre to see over the outer wall. That to me seems more defensive than a friendly watering station platform so the user can view his field in 360 degrees being watered correctly... >,<

*shrug*

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mortalengine

I can't help feeling the same way, those water tanks would make really good defensive hardpoints.

They seem incredibly over-engineered and I'd love to know the design decisions behind them. I guess it's something to do with being resilient to moving sand. Or maybe it was just cheaper to build a concrete dome to hold the tanks than the more conventional towers. Or maybe it is due to the requirement of being able to drive trucks up to the tanks. Why do water tanks need trucks though?

The railings to keep campers out is a fairly good justification. But again those railings are really sturdy and well built. I suppose there's plenty of cash in that region though.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
I zoomed in a bit. This structure seems odd:

WOW how cool is that awesome can you give the google location on this?

Ever since I have been following this Thread I have been using my google earth to check out the various other images over there
These people are fricken Rich maybe beyound rich and they can afford about just anything they want to .. Wow

It makes me mad that here in a America we cant even agree in Wisconsin to have a highspeed railway my Govenor denied the money to build it ..

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join