It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Desalination plants are further from the sea where ever the threat of high waves is given. The pipeline to the plant, through which the seawater flows, goes downwards towards the plant. This drives a generator, which, together with solar panels, brings up the energy needed to desalinate. The saline is being cleaned and stored in facilities that you can see as a "grid" on the surface and the desalinated water rushes through underground pipes to where ever it is needed. The plant runs almost on its own. All that is needed is a little maintainance here and there and the trucks that transport the salt away through that entrance one can see. Its as simple as that...-
edit on 12-5-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CarlitosAmsel

I agree that they are built a distance from the sea, however the distance these domes are from the sea would require either pumping stations along the way, or a VERY deep receiving port for the water. Pythagorean's theory is very much in play here. considering the great strides Dubai is taking to modernism their land it would be step backwards to build desalination plants that far from the ocean

As far as the grids being saline deposit areas, many of them have vegitative growth, which is not going to happen with salt present in the sand/soil
edit on 12-5-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Here

www.waterandwastewater.com...

water tanks in the EAU desert with pictures

OP's pictures are far from this ones... really don't look like a water plant to me, not saying it s aliens or Doomsday Bunkers but i spent hours looking for the water plants programs in EAU and not one looked like what we're trying to guess...

edit on 12/5/11 by estebadia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by estebadia
Here

OP's pictures are far from this ones... really don't look like a water plant to me, not saying it s aliens or Doomsday Bunkers but i spent hours looking for the water plants programs in EAU and not one looked like what we're trying to guess...

Well, what is shown in this Link of yours, are mere old fashion water tanks...-
Of course they dont look like modern high tech desalination plants. They just look like what they actually are, ol' water tanks.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
maps.google.com...,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=dubai+desalination&fb=1& gl=us&hq=desalination&hnear=Dubai+-+United+Arab+Emirates&ei=r83LTYe9OcvKiALOjP2dBQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCUQtgMwAA

here is a link to the are where dubia has located its desalination plants

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
OK, I have followed this thread for a while. I really thought that ATS would very quickly provide the correct answer, but that does not appear to be the case in this instance. Don't despair, ATS is usually very quick to provide clear answers to most of the questions laid before it.

So here is my opportunity to contribute to the cause of understanding.

The US has had for a lot of years, pre-positioned equipment in that region. They used it during the gulf wars, and then returned it to storage.

Lots of Abrams stored where they might be needed...nuff said.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

i agree

but the satellites image are from 2006

plus desalination plants should be close to sea, not in the middle of the desert

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Here

I'm not too inclined to think that the structure in question primarily functions as a water tank/plant... at least not in general. That spiraling ramp/roadway (I don't think its a pipe as others would claim) would mean that the "water tank" will be occasionally subjected to vehicle "live load" from above - all the time... which doesn't make any sense at all. It just isn't practical to uniquely reinforce the structure of the supposed water tank just so it can withstand the weight of vehicles. I can't help but think that there's something more to it than meets the eye, but not necessarily something sinister. Just a different function other than purely an irrigation plant. Perhaps it has multiple functions.

The form and shape is very odd, especially if we follow the notion that "form follows function".

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by smirnoffsky

that's exactly what my poor english tried to say
i totally agree with your thinkings

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CheekyRob

I have noticed in the 2nd image, "dome" there appears to be a concrete mixer/agitator in the photo.
There's got to be a concrete plant 'nearby' considering the extreme heat.
Someone there has got to know

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

i agree

but the satellites image are from 2006

plus desalination plants should be close to sea, not in the middle of the desert

Look at Google Earth and you will see the sea to the left of the plant. Its a bit off, I admit, but what does it matter?
So they had a reason to build it a bit off...-

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
ok i will take a drive out that way this weekend and see what i find and let you know

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by civpop
ok i will take a drive out that way this weekend and see what i find and let you know

...bout time...!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by civpop

I spent 10 years living in Saudi Arabia, working in support of the US military. If this site is what I think it is. you will not get anywhere near it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

Take some pictures?....so we can PROVE these (visible structures) are raised above the ground =P for anyone who still believes they are a crater/concave.

edit on 09/05/2011 by Matti420 because: Jafo123 pretty much pwn3d me...=/

edit on 09/05/2011 by Matti420 because: Just being safe....again

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If this was some sort of top secret tank storage or alien base there is no chance Google Earth would let you see it. They get huge sums of money to hide things. The proof is in the pudding.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Dont worry i was in the millitary too so i know a restricted zone when i see one and i kinda know alot of them around here and im not expecting anything special here. Can i just point this out again that not many have picked up on from my previous post 24°42'52.76"N 54°48'8.34"E does it look familier by any chance maybe an older version of what we are dabating

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matti420
reply to post by civpop

Take some pictures?....so we can PROVE these are raised above the ground =P for anyone who still believes they go down.

They go down, it is called underground storage.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jafo123

DAMMIT!!!! I have a love/hate relationship with how specific you have to be on this site...=/ aaargh!
Had to star you for that! =P I meant the structures visible to us through Google Earth/Maps.
edit on 09/05/2011 by Matti420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by p00hbear
Picking up the thread again, still can't understand why a water or irrigation tank would have vehicle access through the roof? Pipes in and out yeah, but I've never seen a storage tank that needs vehicles access at the top, think of the weight loading on the roof, it's just unnecessary for liquid storage.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join