It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Reminds me of the game Sim City. I remember creating these big industrial zones. And they will all be these very neat square areas. And all the roads will be evenly apart.

Fascinating, how we as humans change the world to suit our needs. We have gone past the "i will adapt and evolve with nature" phase to the "i will create the environment to suit my needs (or pocket) " phase.

What stimulates my suspicion gland is the roads that are filled with what looks like desert sand. Somebody trying to hide something or possible Google Earth bug?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Anyone still interested in this should also consider how high the water table is in this area. Look directly north and you'll see a series of small lakes. These are obviously dug out to reveal an open water table. these buildings in question are surely some type of elevator system that drops cars down into them from the roof. However, you must know that the elevator, if it goes below the building itself, would have to run THROUGH the water table....which could be 10 - 1000' feet deep or more. So the question is...how deep do they run? Having a parking lot inside the building would protect vehicles from sand blasting and corrosion.

These are NOT in Israel, so they are NOT part of their missile defense systems. Being as how they are in the UAE....I suspect now that they may be some form of protective silo for surviving underground. They are evenly spaced, access is confusing to new comers as the grid of roads is unmarked, the silos are metallic, but not solar, and they have use of an immense water table filtered by dense, fine sand.

Your thoughts...?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
11 pages deep this wont matter but how about this.... its a water delivery system. What if that is not a road but a trough of sorts to deliver the water that is being stored there to irrigate. The water comes out the square part fills the round pool part and then travels down the causeway to other so on and so on... who knows maybe.?.?.?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has tried e-mailing or calling Arabian Adventures yet to see if they know.

Would probably be easier to e-mail them, since you could attach a picture with it.
Arabian Adventures Contact Page

edit on 5/11/2011 by digitalbluco because: better wording

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Gutterpus
For my two cents - I believe it's a large aquifier storage involving a desalination process. peace

In the desert? Wouldn't they have to be on the very edge of an ocean?

The UAE is on the edge of the Persian Gulf

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Water reservoirs? Would make sense in the desert...
second line

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TonyBravada
It's in the UAE...
coords are 24.714502,54.984069 in google maps
there are road structures and the surrounding area is being developed

Don't ask how I found it, I really couldn't answer, I just got rather lucky or something.

"Got lucky or something" hahahah you berry funny! berry berry funny.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

If it went down it would be filled with sand.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
After in depth investigation, they are nothing of military orign.... more like a tourist area...

here are some photos of around the area

4x4's near the domes with image of the UAE country on site, probably related to tourism

Another image of the jeep "Arabian Adventures", this is a tourist area, not industrial or military.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 13star

WHAT ARE THE COORDINATES ON GOOGLE EARTH

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 13star

You think they are weird, have a look in google earth and drag the date line back to 2005 the roads change, its like its been left to be covered by the sand storms.
also have a look at this , CO-ORDS 24*38'48.72"N 55*06'06.70"E
what kind of test strip or runway is this ?, also it looked brand new built in 2005 but dusty by 2006-2010 ?
and its right near these weird looking towers, If all honest I would suggest they look more like Vacuum Tunnel entrances rather than Water towers as some would suggest. ! why else would they be coned (snail shell) shaped ?

edit on 11/5/11 by psyclops777 because: spelling check

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
They don't look like domes, they look more like craters.

The road spirals downwards, not up.

Looks like it to me anyway.

They are definitely domes. You can tell by the shadows cast by the sun.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

I think you're right. This looks to be a group of underground water storage tanks. This website says that the tanks they are creating are to greenify the desert, although I don't know if they're the same.

Water Tank Construction

I'm going with water tanks in an area that is soon to be developed into farm land.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

Eco cities take lots of glass over it that in the pic is like a metal shield ???

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyclops777
reply to post by 13star

You think they are weird, have a look in google earth and drag the date line back to 2005 the roads change, its like its been left to be covered by the sand storms.
also have a look at this , CO-ORDS 24*38'48.72"N 55*06'06.70"E
what kind of test strip or runway is this ?, also it looked brand new built in 2005 but dusty by 2006-2010 ?
and its right near these weird looking towers, If all honest I would suggest the look more like Vacuum Tunnel entrances rather than Water towers as some would suggest. ! why else would they by coned (snail shell) shaped ?

It's not like you could be discerning if this all is a good photoshop or not.
If gov wants freaking sharks with laser beams hiding under a bunker you bet your sweet hiny if they wanted to sway public opinion in an instant to justify anything in this short attention span and conditioned world we live in, you would be seeing freaking sharks with laser beams preparing some dirty nuke at some back end desert.
How long now until Google, Skype, twitter, facebook, completely cave in at the demands of the PTB?
edit on 11-5-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Gutterpus
For my two cents - I believe it's a large aquifier storage involving a desalination process. peace

In the desert? Wouldn't they have to be on the very edge of an ocean?

The UAE is on the edge of the Persian Gulf

These structures are surrounded by sand, sand, and more sand. Just seems like we should at least see a shoreline in these pics, not that I know anything about the desalination process.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well, they aren't necessarily desalinization plants, but storage tanks - and, there could be pipes under the sand.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldfiremx
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

If it went down it would be filled with sand.

That and the sun - shining from the south - is illuminating the south side. They stick up out of the ground.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
check this thread out and look at what they see! tell me if you see a connection!!!!!

Although it could be just me =D
idk check it out--www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The water storage idea certainly makes sense, but I don't think it's in the right area. At least according to the website describing the project.
Liwa Region/Oasis
artificial storage and recovery system

The project area in the remote Liwa region enjoys excellent conditions for the exploitation of aquifers, with good storage capacity and groundwater flow regime, and a high quality of natural groundwater. A feasibility study, followed by a pilot project in 2002-2003, demonstrated the technical suitability of the proposed infiltration and recovery schemes for artificial recharge, and the use of desalinated seawater for the purpose.

The Liwa region (or oasis, near as I can tell) Is halfway across the country, far south and far west of the coordinates listed.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join