It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
its definately a dome. If you look at the shadows they are on the same side. if it was a crater there would be a shadow in the crater on the right side rather than the left. the above picture is a great reference

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stonedgolfer

But, if it were a crater, why wouldn't the shadows all be on one side? I would think that all the shadows would be on one side in a crater. With the sun to left of the picture setting in the west, there would shiny spots on the right of the picture and shadows to the left of the picture, right? It seems to be a deep hole with different levels going down.

Also, can the sun even make those shadows when rising in the east? (if it were a dome)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
when in doubt, call it art.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by uSNUUZuLUUz
It seems to be a deep hole with different levels going down.

As chaztekno so eloquently puts it on page 5 of this thread ;

i'll wager a nice cold pint of beer that these structures go up and not down, if they went down they would be full of sand within an hour.

It’s a dome and the shadows do confirm this.

edit on 11-5-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
look like could drive a big truck down into that pit,, drive right in the elevator and go deep underground,,
Funny they remind me of an Ant colony ,, I can just see a swarm of military vehicles streaming out of seemingly no where like ants..
My bet a BIG underground complex..

I also bet they go down,.look at the cement slopes.. not visible from the landscape side view,., like a crater..
I can see the shadows on the garage structures entrance in the photo,,
edit on 11-5-2011 by hbarker because: added

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
For my two cents - I believe it's a large aquifier storage involving a desalination process. That particular project has been in the works for a few years now it appears. Take a look.

Now, this large-scale project is setting up the necessary infrastructure to realise the scheme, including pipelines, storage tanks, pumping stations, infiltration basins, recovery wells and monitoring wells. On completion, a reservoir will exist in a desert region that can be accessed whenever needed. A sophisticated control and instrumentation system will ensure the user-friendly and reliable operation of the facility. The project is a benchmark for water management in desert regions, and is set to redefine international standards.
www.gtz.de...

The emirate is set to start construction of what is by far the largest aquifer storage and recovery (ASR) scheme in the Middle East, and what is believed to be the first in the world to use desalinated water as a source. The consultants for the project say it is unlikely to be the last, with a number of other governments looking to set up their own ASR schemes.
www.globalwaterintel.com...

peace

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The company I work for is doing work of that sort for the middle east - I'll have to look further into it, and see if this is what they are working on.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

dont mind me

just marking my spot in the wonderful thread.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
actually, It kind of looks like a control tower from an airport.

or a bolt head on a tiled tabletop.

not counting, how in the hell was this not a no fly zone.
edit on 11-5-2011 by president because: idk

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just want to thank everyone for all the investigation that you've been doing. As you can imagine, I flew over them in March, so it's been on my mind for a while now and just can't get anywhere. These things were definitely domes. I was at about 10,000 feet when we flew over. Each one is wider than an American Football field, so too big to be silo's surely ?? I'm guessing they are too steep for heavy loaded vehicles to go straight up, hence the curved ascent. But that means the top of these things can take the weight of heavy vehicles/trucks.....That's unusual for a tank right ?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gutterpus

This is what I was trying to get at in my earlier (less informative) post......

Well stated.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Another large pic:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88943dd51af9.jpg[/atsimg]

clearly a BIG 6 ^^
second line

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
They're probably just for irrigation, possibly using desalinated water. If you zoom out and look in the northwest corner, all the grids have crops, which is probably what the rest of the grids will be used for as well.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stoneyzombie

Much appreciated stoneyzombie! My thought is that's what they are. The cost of this type of project is something only UAE could undertake.

peace

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
that's where the gray's are hinbernating, soon they will hatch from their cocoons , man kind will never be the same afterwards . Fire will rain down upon the earth, armageddon will be a light breeze in comparison. Enjoy the earth while you still can

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Could be missile silos

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gutterpus
For my two cents - I believe it's a large aquifier storage involving a desalination process. peace

In the desert? Wouldn't they have to be on the very edge of an ocean?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As much as I like the water storage tank theory, why do you need a roadway to take vehicles to the top? I've never seen a tank with anything like that, still not totally convinced ....

p00hbear

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Guys, guys.... storage tanks with containment pits some paved and others not. Look at other what-yo-call-its in the surounding area, they are more defined and you can see what they are better.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13star
I was on flight over the Middle East a few months back and went over a massive complex with these bizzare dome structures. They were each in their own 'lot' as it were, I counted 7 in all. I couldn't take any pics at the time but managed to find the area on Google Maps and clipped a few pics from that. Any ideas on what on earth they could be ?????

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5d665de45dc.jpg[/atsimg]

Can someone post any REAL bunker pictures from US sensitive installations or will they be coming knocking on their door ASAP? Mr.America?
It's nice when you do the investigator to any nations that cannot defend themselves but when it comes to the real things that really matter it's all hush hush ang giggles.

RIGHT?

edit

and it's all nice to see new nicks from nowhere.
I guess HSARPA at work...
If you don't know what HSARPA is just Google it people.

edit on 11-5-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join