It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Photography

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I have been an avid photographer for a couple of years . My true love is painting and I originally took up photography purely as a source of reference pictures for my landscape paintings .

Please feel free to take a look . I would love to hear some feedback .
If you have any photography questions , I am only to pleased to offer my experience.

My photos here

Regards.

edit on 27/04/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/04/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Surely you must be professional? Great portfolio. Impressive camera work and post image processing with the filters. Exceptionally good!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Thank you so much .

Strictly amatuer , but who knows ? Maybe one day .

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

You said painting is your passion but really, not being smart, you could make a living out of it! Go for it!
edit on 11-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Star and Flag!

Absolutely stunning! Although I think you should have rationed them. Dished them out over time to keep us all in suspense.

In all seriousness though incredibly talented. Are you Manchester based? Just there are a few of the Quays and Media city.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Absolutely amazing. Having read the link below this morning, I had to look at your pictures, you have a great talent. Thanks for posting.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Star and Flag!

Absolutely stunning! Although I think you should have rationed them. Dished them out over time to keep us all in suspense.

In all seriousness though incredibly talented. Are you Manchester based? Just there are a few of the Quays and Media city.

thank you so much .
Yes , Manchester based . I love photographing the Quays.

Regards

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by tpg65

You said painting is your passion but really, not being smart, you could make a living out of it! Go for it!
edit on 11-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

Thank you again , but I really wouldn't know how to go about doing it for a living . Still , it's nice to have a dream

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taffygirl
Absolutely amazing. Having read the link below this morning, I had to look at your pictures, you have a great talent. Thanks for posting.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Thank you so so much. It's nice to know other people get pleasure from my pictures

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

but I really wouldn't know how to go about doing it for a living .

I'm not an expert by any means but some ideas that might kick your brain into gear.

Setup a website and register your domain name. Maybe start a photography blog

Join some photography forums/websites and get a bit known

If you have not already, do a photography course somewhere. Potential employer may look for talent there. It will give you a "Qualification" paper. Even if you don't actually learn anything official qualifications help promote you better!

Offer to do some free work at a local community style newspaper

In Australia I have met at least 3 photographers who just turn up at club motorsport races and take lots photos of the competitors racing. Then they sell them back to the competitors. Those racing guys compete in a very expensive amateur sport and have "ego's" and pay for that sort thing!

Volunteer to take the photos for a sporting club free so they can take the image files to a "Pro Lab" to get printed

Try to look for places with young/new actors and models and offer to do their portfolios at the right price

It might not be glamorous/profitable initially or even the type of photography you want to do but it will certainly gain you experience and make the resume look fatter! Either for employed or freelance work! Nothing hard and fast just examples to get your brain thinking on what you can do in your area as each area is different and peoples wants vary! You never know you might just sell some paintings as well!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Thank you so much for the tips.
I will give it my best go .

Highest regards

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Looks pro to me.
Great compositions

Very evocative work!
Thanks for sharing.
(not amateur work at all!)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Looks pro to me.
Great compositions

Very evocative work!
Thanks for sharing.
(not amateur work at all!)

Thank you very much .

I really do appreciate your comment.

Regards

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

you are a amazing, hands down. Can you tell us about your equipment, camera, lens, and editing software etc.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WordPlayJAy
reply to post by tpg65

you are a amazing, hands down. Can you tell us about your equipment, camera, lens, and editing software etc.

Thank you .
Yes I will be pleased to .
I have always used the Sony Alpha range of cameras . At present I use the the A380 with kit lens . I also have a 70-300 mm lens by Sigma .
I now shoot soley in RAW , because I love the editing control that it gives.
Most of my editing is done using various versions of photoshop .

If you have any other questions , please don't hesitate to ask

Highest Regards

Terry

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

I've been doing art for since about five years old, and I'm currently 22 so I def know a few things. I just purchased a Canon T2i with stock lens 18-55m i think f/5. I take shots with nice composure but I cant afford photoshop and i dont have anyone to teach me the ropes on Gimp or other free sites, do you have any editing tips ?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WordPlayJAy
reply to post by tpg65

I've been doing art for since about five years old, and I'm currently 22 so I def know a few things. I just purchased a Canon T2i with stock lens 18-55m i think f/5. I take shots with nice composure but I cant afford photoshop and i dont have anyone to teach me the ropes on Gimp or other free sites, do you have any editing tips ?

Hi Jay

That is some serious kit. Great choice.
To cut down on the amount of editing , always have a picture of the finished image in your head , before you take the shot .
Never trust the playback screen when viewing your shots and always refer to the cameras inbuilt histogram to check that you have the right exposure .
Always keep ISO to 100 or 200 to keep noise to the minimum .

The only editing you should need to do now is to adjust colour saturation and maybe cropping .

Good luck mate and have fun .

Terry

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Those pictures are amazing! You're very talented

edit on 12-5-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Thank you so very much .

Do you have an interest in photography ?

Regards.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Not particularly photography, but I like drawing. I go to an Art school and I just LOVE it

This is a little of what I do:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be3db39e5491.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/781bf59bd858.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm not that good yet, but I'm working on it.

edit on 12-5-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join