It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents in Rome fearful of 'prophetic' quake..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
BBC UK

Thought this might be an interesting read - it's not often that predictions and 'prophecies' extend their effect to those outside of this forum (or so it appears to me).
So what I find interesting is that it seems most of Rome is fearful of an earthquake that was predicted by Raffaele Bendandi quie some time ago.

The rumours have been circulating on the streets and online for months that the Eternal City is facing imminent destruction.

They were based on work by Bendandi, who was knighted by Mussolini in 1927 for his prophetic meteorological skill.

He was said to have used his theory that the movement of the planets caused seismic activity to accurately predict a 1923 quake that killed 1,000 people.

According to the rumours, before he died he pinpointed 11 May 2011 as the day Rome would be totally destroyed - to be followed by two more catastrophic events in May 2012.

I can't find any solid evidence for this prediction. I can only find secondary articles that just talk about who he was without any reference to his work..

Mr Bendandi, a self-taught scientist, had foreseen the quake, registering a statement with a notary on November 1923 that it would strike on January 2.
Although he was two days off, the Corriere della Sera newspaper splashed him on its front page, naming him: “The man who predicts earthquakes”.
Mr Bendandi, who died in 1979, never provided any scientific proof for his theory that the movements of the moon and sun, as well as other planets in the solar system, exert a gravitational influence on the movements of the earth’s crust.
However, he became hugely famous in Italy for the accuracy of his predictions. He predicted the earthquake of January 13, 1915 which killed 30,000 people in Avezzano.
He also forecast the quake of May 6, 1976 in Friuli which killed 1,000 and left another 45,000 homeless.

Telegraph

"I can say with absolute certainty that in the papers of Raffaele Bendandi there is no provision for an earthquake in Rome on the 11 May 2011," Paola Lagorio told Abruzzo in March.

"The date is not there, nor is the place."

I've read many articles now, none of which direct me to this notary that he left the first prediction with.
More than this, articles are popping up that are saying that he predicted the Japan quake..
Anyway, the reason for posting this was to have a discussion on the reaction of the residents of Rome to this prediction. Curious. Everybody loves a day off work

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Related thread:

Italians Evacuate Rome Over 1915 Quake Prediction
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by SirMike
started on 5/10/2011 @ 04:52 PM

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Sorry my bad, I couldn't find them before posting. Feel free to remove the thread.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
And this one too:

Panic In Italy Over May 11 Megaquake Prediction From Seismologist That Died In 1979
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Seektruthalways1
started on 5/9/2011 @ 04:50 PM

new topics

top topics

join