It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida governor to impose drug testing on welfare recipients...will get rich out of it

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
therefore I have paid my taxes until I was injured and no longer able to work....I do smoke for my Chronic pain and no, its not legal in NY State to get it prescribed. So am I less of a human cause I choice to buy what helps me with welfare money that

I call BS on your entire post, why the hell would you be
on welfare if your DISABLED... You would be on disability
which pays a whole lot more. If your a disabled person your not receiving
welfare... I'm not against disabled people getting money (what else can they do), but people who
CAN work and decide NOT too and collect a check just because they are breathing
are scum... End of the line..

Drug test them Scott GOOD decision...

People in the private sector who work are subjected to
random drug screens AT ANY TIME from their employer..

Welfare recipients are EMPLOYED by the US GOV...

Not to mention how HARD it is to get on welfare if your not black, Mexican, or a white women
who has 10 kids and no baby daddy in sight.
edit on 12-5-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
"commercial "drug tests is and are and will forever be the dumbest thing invented on this planet,

if positive , its a 50/50 chance its a false positive
if negative , its a 50/50 chance its a false negative

either way you ll be just as good off with a monkey doing coin flips

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by byteshertz

Why can't they just prove that a person asking for welfare has drugs in their system?

Whats wrong with that?

It costs the taxpayer
I dont want to be paying for expensive ineffective tests that are easily avoided to test drug addicts when the tests are only going to catch people doing a drug which does not cause any real problems to anyone but the user.
I would rather understand our system see it for the pyramid scheme it is and in order for people to be up the top some need to be on the bottom, and one day my turn may come on the bottom so i have no problem helping those who are down there they get fk all money to live on, so if they use it on drugs, then they are likely going to be going hungry - their choice. If they keep going hungry then they wont be a big cost for much longer will they.
Begin Exhibit A on natural selection.

What I myself have overlooked just like many here is the fact we should be pissed the govornor of Florida is making money off this.

edit on 12-5-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Basically, I think that people on welfare are entitled to everything everyone else has, and that no-one can be their judge.

It is a hard road in this world - some people make it, some don't.

We are not the judge.

Nor are we the Sugar-Daddy.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

I can understand people not wanting to spend tax dollars on junkies who are not working, but if you have the right to say everyone does not have equal right to the welfare money then it is only fair IMO people also have the right to say they will not pay tax to a system that no longer benefits everyone.

Soooo... you're saying that welfare is the only benefit folks get from government? Why don't we just abolish government, then? After all, I'M not benefitting from it by your standard - so why should I pay into it?

This is the problem with trying to mold society to what you think is right - you take away peoples right to disagree. And when people disagree but have no option to opt out that is slavery - you have taken someone freewill by restricting their options.

People disagree all the time. If we could opt-out on the basis of a mere disagreement, then at any one time, half of us would be out of the system, beyond the law, no matter WHAT it was.

You know, on second thought, I may be able to go for that....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

I hope the people who wade in here arguing this is a good idea can rationalize the cost it would take to do this.

At roughly 45-50$ per test it isn't cheap, and that's only a standard drug test that only covers a handful of substances.

Notice that no one for this so far in this thread can fulfill my request.

No problem. I'll bite.

It said that the testing was to be paid for by the welfare recipient. Even if the government had to partially or wholly subsidize it, 45-50 bucks a test will save money over the totality of the welfare payments a druggie would potentially collect.

Either way, net savings.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

Actually, there are few professions that drug-test in the private sector.

But, keep on bleating like all the other sheep calling for this draconian measure.

A war on the less fortunate cannot be successful until you have brainwashed those same people into turning in/turning on their own peers.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
When are they going to drugs test the politicians and the bankers !

They need testing first.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

and the police and the generals !

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

and what about journalists and hollywood stars and music stars.

I think the people who have power over us are the ones who should be tested for drugs, not the powerless in our society.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
They should drug test everyone who gets state money then. I'm pretty sure those Florida CEO's getting welfare checks have piles of coke in their boardrooms.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Nor are we the Sugar-Daddy.

So you admit its more of a philosophical issue than a necessity?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
To be honest I am so glad that we have welfare, after all if we didn't our wages would be constantly reduced by the many slimy employers that exist, its called supply and demand. As well as the prisons and legal system would be even more corrupt after all they are mostly about perpetuating their own empires and their various income streams and always seeking new clients.

Lets face it there is not enough work for all, after all do not most of you buy your rubbish from other countries who have little employment law and often use slaves to produce such crap being China, India and so forth.

Say no to drug testing it is wrong.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly

People in the private sector who work are subjected to
random drug screens AT ANY TIME from their employer..

So Scott's drug testing will be random also? Somehow I doubt it.

But just so I'm clear. You don't have a problem of these people actually getting assistance do you? Because if you do then its philosophical and not really necessary. Just another government program Florida will have to administer. They will spend 50 bucks to save 40 using this program.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone

Simple solution: Dont wanna get drug tested? GET OFF WELFARE!

And GO GET TESTED AT A JOB!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by marsend

Some of these people think everyone can be rich in America. If everone was rich who would actually work? Our economy DEMANDS we have poor people. If not for them then the middle class wouldn't feel so special. Middle class folks are nothing more than poor people with a job.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
Im sorry but some of you people are just morons......... As a person who is on WELFARE.... who has had jobs.... Who had a job plus school.....therefore I have paid my taxes until I was injured and no longer able to work....I do smoke for my Chronic pain and no, its not legal in NY State to get it prescribed. So am I less of a human cause I choice to buy what helps me with welfare money that I,Myself put into the system? but some of you are quick to judge and think everyone on welfare is there just to abuse the system, They only on it to freeload from and buy beer and drugs with the money they get.

While I do agree, theres some who abusing the system and dont need it, I've seen it myself, Im experiencing it, I've experienced it. When I first went to get Welfare so I can have money for me and food until my lawsuit is done. I went through a lot and I had real mental and physical problems, reports from Doctors, Drug-Free from hardcore drugs and it took me a few months of fighting just to get my temp benefits but someone who decides to use hardcore drugs and the whole nine are able to get it without a problem but I dont blame them, I blame the system, I blame the policies and rules,etc,etc.. The system is so screw up and doesnt filter out what shouldnt be on it.

but somehow they could pass bills,etc,etc get funds to set up something like this so they can control and profit from it with their new rules and policies rather then to fix the system itself so things that most of you people complaining about wont happen and for people who do decide to be on hardcore drugs and be in the system, Why not make better treatments and such while on Welfare so they can better themselves? If you dont go to a treatment center and do what you have to do then the benefits should stop... This drug testing thing is all BS just like the drug testing for lets say for Probation just to keep people in check and in line..

Im sorry but some of you people just choose to be ignorant and complain about how it is... I have NOOOOOO PROBLEM at all putting money in the system for someone like me or worse than me can be able to get help that they deserve. Hopefully one day, after my case is done.. I wouldnt mind setting up orgs and fund proper services, Give back to the community.. by the way.. Im a hispanic male..... now say something dumb and ignorant about me
edit on 11-5-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

I dont think it would be good for them to do this for welfair the cost in human life alone would be awful ( or is that the point) but i do think they need to do it to all the politictions and fire them if need be ( if they are on anything heavier than pot) as it really seems as of late that they are on some pretty heavy stuff.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

I hope the people who wade in here arguing this is a good idea can rationalize the cost it would take to do this.

At roughly 45-50$ per test it isn't cheap, and that's only a standard drug test that only covers a handful of substances.

Notice that no one for this so far in this thread can fulfill my request.

No problem. I'll bite.

It said that the testing was to be paid for by the welfare recipient. Even if the government had to partially or wholly subsidize it, 45-50 bucks a test will save money over the totality of the welfare payments a druggie would potentially collect.

Either way, net savings.

now add in the cost the gov will pay in dressing the dead when thoes they kick off cant afford to eat or the cost of the crime rate going up because when people cant afford to eat they get grumpy etc the cost of puting these people in jail your still feeding and clothing them its cheaper to just leave them on welfare untill they can find a job
edit on 12-5-2011 by jonco6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
About time! You have to realize how many recipients are abusing the welfare system which is your tax dollars. If I have to work to pay my bills so should everyone else. I'm not against legit cases of people needing help. I'm against abusers of the system.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyteskye
The replies to this thread, by and large, have been absolutely hilarious. They're totally IGNORING the OP's point and going off on the usual rant about welfare recipients on drugs.

Yes, yes, for the millionth time - we get it. Welfare + drugs = bad.

The issue here is that the Governor stands to personally and directly profit from this law requiring testing, through his wife's company, in which he just invested millions. It's utterly corrupt, but as usual, people would rather ignore the white collar corruption and go after the little guy on the bottom of the heap.

They won't listen. You will never get it in their heads my friend, they can't see beyond their noses. Is there any wonder the governor is getting away with it?

The governor is imposing a law which is of no use or benefit to neither the state nor it's citizens. He is imposing a law which further burdens the taxpayer but guarantees he becomes extremely rich.

HE HAS MADE IT LAW THAT HE GETS RICH.

I am utterly aghast that most on this thread don't get it

edit on 12-5-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join