It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LASCO2 and LASCO3 movie showing bright object heading towards Sun???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hi all, hope you are all well,what do you all think about this seemingly bright object on a trajectory course towards the Sun;Is it a meteorite maybe;Seems to be moving fast, got me stumped but i am no expert on this;
Select either LASCO 2 or 3, set to "movie", put 10 in "Latest Images, click "search" on the link below;

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
That was something I haven't seen before, and I watch these movies pretty regularly. That was amazing. Looks like it went straight into the sun. Huge!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
WOW!!! Okay every time I've seen these videos it has been pretty easily explainable in terms of a broken pixel or something. This is absolutely incredible!!! It looks like a comment going straight into the sun!

link   
It's very interesting , but hard to put into scale without knowing just how far away it is .

Could be a minor comet or a piece of rock caught in the suns gravitational pull.

Nice find , all the same .

link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Looks like it went straight into the sun.

That is just an assumption though, isn't it?

I really don't know much about this thing. I have looked at these types of pics before, but haven't really tried too much to understand it.

Without a 3D image it's hard to tell, but isn't it possible this was somewhere in between the sun and us?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Check this website out sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

Just a comet heading into the sun. Looks pretty cool though.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Looks like a meteorite
intresting though

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
How often does that update? The last image was 02:48 and you could see a flash in the upper right arc before the video looped. I'd like to see the next bit of time after that to see what else happened.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I believe it updates every 12 minutes. Run a movie with the date starting yesterday, for example.

You can run the movies for longer periods too. It takes a while to load sometimes, depending on your connection speed and computers specs, but it's worth waiting for most of the time. Interesting stuff goes on out there in space. It's not at all the empty place they told you it was in your science classes in school.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
id say a comet either going into the sun or going around it remember the white circle is the sun and it doesnt look to go into the sun just around it dont know if there are any known comets/asteroids to be going round the sun now ior could be a new one interesting stuff tho thanks for the heads up

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Perhaps surprisingly, "looks like" is just that sort of thing that means "it looks like", not "it went". What was your point, exactly?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Again cheers guys for all the feed back, bit early maybe in the thread but it is appreciated, like i said i am no expert in these matters but i like the current possible explanations/views so far in response to this object;

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Great find. Someone had a thread going on about this earlier in the evening. They were even making predictions on the time it would strike the Sun, assuming that it did.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Perhaps surprisingly, "looks like" is just that sort of thing that means "it looks like", not "it went". What was your point, exactly?

My point? Well it would be 1 of these 2-

A: The point could have been that I wanted you to give me a smartazz reply.
OR
B: It could be the extremely obvious point, that I was asking a question.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

A comet just discovered by amateur astronomer Sergey Shurpakov is diving past the sun today, and it will probably not survive. recorded by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory--and check back for updates in the hours ahead.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
There is probably a really simple explination to this but why does the comet move at such a slower speed to the rest of the 'stuff' flying about and why is it going towards the sun when the other 'stuff' is or seems to be travelling away from the sun?

Is it size related or is the 'stuff' from the sun adn the comet has it's own 'thrust' and direction etc etc?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

All the "other" stuff is Energetic particles emitted by the sun towards earth
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbb6c99c25e3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

what all the gubbins flying and whizzing about? hmmm learn something new every day! thank you.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Will James T Kirk and his rag tag crew aboard a Klingon Bird of Prey save the world from total destruction? Find out in next weeks episode "Return of the Whales"!

Amazing picture by the way....though I kept seeing red circles flash everywhere when I moved my eyes, lol
edit on 11-5-2011 by westrock2000 because: props to the picture

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Also do we have any idea of distance in that picture? We have a good reference of time. Just wondering how fast this baby was moving towards its demise. I know distance might be a little tricky as this is moving three dimensionally towards the sun in this picture and not a simple X/Y movement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join