It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee bill makes practicing islam pretty much illegal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
you people ARE DEFENDING THEM
Excuse me? Talk about a strawman...

We are here (1) sharing our opinions about this TN law, and (2) correcting your statements that a man was excused from a crime for being of Islamic faith.

i am sitting here and saying things like those should not be happening in this country.
Murder and rape shouldn’t happen, regardless of the faith of those committing the crimes.

and i have nothing further to say here
You promise?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

cafeteria conservative give me a break.

I'm sorry, but you ignoring the basics of the first amendment of the constitution. As Immaculate pointed out, Sharia law will never, ever supersede US law. Just because a ruling happened in favor of Muslims, in the incidents you cited, doesn't mean that this is a judge practicing Sharia. Bad rulings happen all the time, its a fact. If a judge was to side with a Christian who committed murder, would you call foul and toss chunks of the constitution out the window?

If I had to guess, I would say probably not. Ergo, your argument is based on bias and bias alone.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

yeah you want to bury your head in the sand

the facts are out there a search on ats can prove it

all you have to do is let your fingers do the walking.

but i bet you wont
edit on 12-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I've presented facts yet you don't want to hear a thing because of your fear of Muslims. This is all this is, a smear campaign against a segment of our nation's populous that is attempting to deny them their 1st Amendment right to worship in a manner of their own choosing. Your hatred of Arabs is now obviously evident. As long as you are a Christian as according to you one can worship in a manner of their own choosing but God forbid someone who is non Christian is allowed to enjoy that same exact right. Hypocrisy of the highest order right there.

Using race and religion to divide this nation is sickening.

Christians commit murder everyday but the fact that they are Christian means the faith of the person is never mentioned but God forbid an Arab kills someone and the reason in 9.4 out of 10 times their faith will always be plastered over the media all in an effort to smear Arab Muslims.

You can no longer hide behind your hate as it is so evident.

Before you dare call me Anti Christian or Anti American my faith is a proud Holy Roman Catholic.
edit on 13-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336
reply to post by neo96

I'm sorry, but you ignoring the basics of the first amendment of the constitution. As Immaculate pointed out, Sharia law will never, ever supersede US law. Just because a ruling happened in favor of Muslims, in the incidents you cited, doesn't mean that this is a judge practicing Sharia. Bad rulings happen all the time, its a fact. If a judge was to side with a Christian who committed murder, would you call foul and toss chunks of the constitution out the window?

If I had to guess, I would say probably not. Ergo, your argument is based on bias and bias alone.

To add on what you said, two people can legally entre into an agreement using Sharia as a template for said agreement as that is what the faith requires but ultimately it is local, state and Federal law that the agreement must be subjected and adherent to in the end.

Thank you for the support and Star for you for being firmly grounded in reality, logic and common sense, something people like Neo will never understand.
edit on 13-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well, I can't openly practice Christianity in Saudi, so I think it's ok.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EternalThought
You are absolutely right. I think we should bring to the United States the standards of free speech and freedom of religion they have in Saudi Arabia.

So the terrorists don’t win, you know...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Yes you can as they have alot of Christian and Catholic churches plus they have a lot of Jewish Synagoges. Even though Muslim may be The Official State Religion there is no law demanding nor requiring that all Saudi's must be Muslim.
edit on 14-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

guess you never heard of the american who killed his daughter because she dated outside of her religion

guess you never heard about the american who raped and beat his wife because she was his property.

and that case the judged ruled in the husbands favor.

muslim americans who practiced sharia and shaira superceeds american law,

yeah i am for the constitution but where were the constitutional rights for those victims and the many others

Didn't they raid a huge Mormon farm a few years off because they were forcing 12/13 year old girls to marry and have sex with adult men? Didn't some nice Christian blow up a building in Oklahoma? I seem to remember hearing about some Christian Scientists in prison for killing their children because modern medicine is evil. I know I heard something about Catholic churches and little boys. Christianity seems pretty messed up on the same scale to me. This really does smell of citing and example to smear a whole while ignoring examples in order to protect another.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

That is an odd adjustment to make? I can rape and murder in the Congo. So that means it should be ok to murder and rape in the US? Shouldn't you want to be better than other countries you despise instead of trying to become like them?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
To the person who mentioned the fact that Christians also do bad things in the name of religion;

Yes, indeed you are correct. But the scale of it is so tiny it is a joke.

On the other hand the scale of the problem that islam poses is enormous.

Global terrorism, raping, murder, honour killings, inbreeding, marrying children.

Fact. Islam has much, much more problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join