It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC article about Elenin "Don't fear comet headed our way - it's a wimp"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Fifth element as well
Abaddon!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
And then, you have innocent bystanders like me, who happen upon a discussion like this. Here's my thought process across my investigation of this comet:

1. Oh, a comet! I like comets! Yay! Let's read more about it!

2. Ooooh. It could be an acronym for an Extinction Level Event? Now I'm really intrigued! Reading on!

3. So... there are these people on one side, claiming this is a real ELE, and these other people, the ones who are just boring old Establishment types, saying it's just an unimpressive little blip of a comet.

4. The ELE people hang out with and listen to a bunch of guys who seem to find every reason to declare almost everything an imminent cataclysm, and none of these cataclysms have occurred yet.

5. The boring old guys say it's just a little comet, and they have a much higher accuracy rate with their predictions, than the ELE people have with theirs.

So you see... cataclysmic events are like getting a loan. I am the general public, and you're asking me to lend you some of my trust. Problem is, you have a terrible credit score, because you always squander the trust other people have lent you. So, I'm not really inclined to believe you.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
While I'm still among those who believe the whole elenin/nibiru issue wreaks of a cover-up, I'm objective enough to acknowledge and post this video below... which is Leonids first actual interview showing at least the photo of the person claimed to be Leonid Elenin, is a real person.

spaceobs.org...

does this put an end to many other important aspects of the issue and all the questions, oddities and coincidences? Hardly.

But articles like this Msnbc garbage, is an epic Fail if not just because they leave out context and major parts of the arguments and concerns surrounding the issue in totality. Cherry-picking evidence that supports the opposing argument and leaving other evidences out because it obviously doesn't fit their agenda , is both further evidence of a cover-up, and/or shows how blatantly stupid and ignorant these skeptics, researchers and alleged academic minds, really are.

edit on 12-5-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekr1111

Cherry-picking evidence that supports the opposing argument and leaving other evidences out because it obviously doesn't fit their agenda , is both further evidence of a cover-up, and/or shows how blatantly stupid and ignorant these skeptics, researchers and alleged academic minds, really are.

It's not MSNBC that's doing the cherry picking! Think about it: when the fear mongers figured out a scary acronym based on Yelenin's name, they decided he must not exist, even though he has been published for years. When he actually responded to their e-mails, they decided he must be an impostor. Rejecting facts that do not support your argument (Leonid Yelenin is the name of an actual person) while while accepting other facts from the same source (a comet was discovered in December) is the definition of "cherry picking!"

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Britx

EXACTLY!!! A simple google search will tell, Type in "Leonid Elenin" and the only thing that comes up is "Its a hoax he doesnt exsist" (In various different forms). I want to figure out what NIN means.

You might want to read what he said in a recent interview:

По словам Еленина, ему приходилось сталкиваться с заявлениями, что ЦРУ и ФСБ уже создали сеть секретных убежищ в ожидании катастрофы, которую принесет комета. Более того, многие уверены в том, что самого Еленина не существует, а его имя - зашифрованное указание на грядущую катастрофу.
"Я видел дискуссии о том, как расшифровывается "Леонид Еленин". Например "Ele" - это "extinction level event" (всеуничтожающая катастрофа), а "nin" - это "Nibiru in November", - сказал астроном.

Он отметил, что люди, которые заходили на сайт его обсерватории, требовали доказательств, что он действительно существует.
"Меня просят: пришлите копию паспорта, что вас действительно зовут Леонид Еленин. Спрашивают, почему нет ваших фотографий в сети, почему в России нет ни одного интервью с вами?", - сообщил ученый.
По его словам, ему приходили письма с вопросами, как "спастись", от людей, которые намеревались продать дом и вместе с семьей бежать в горы, когда комета приблизится к Земле.
Когда он пытался объяснить, что открытая им комета, хоть и довольно интересное, но вполне обычное небесное тело, ему отвечали: "Вы все скрываете, вам запрещают говорить, мы вам не верим".

According Elenina, he had to deal with statements that the CIA and the Federal Security Service had already established a network of secret shelters in anticipation of catastrophe that would bring the comet. Moreover, many believe that most Elenina does not exist, and its name - an encrypted reference to the impending catastrophe.
"I saw a discussion about how stands Leonid Yelenin." Instance "Ele" - this "extinction level event" (vseunichtozhayuschaya catastrophe), and "nin" - this "Nibiru in November", - said the astronomer.

He noted that people who go to the site of his observatory, demanded proof that he really exists.
"I'm asking: please send a copy of the passport that you really name is Leonid Yelenin. Ask why not have your pictures online, why Russia is not a single interview with you?" - Said the scientist.
According to him, he had a letter with questions like "escape" from people who wanted to sell his house and his family flee to the mountains when the comet approaches the Earth.
When he tried to explain that they open a comet, though quite interesting, but quite common celestial body, he replied: "You're hiding, you may not say we do not believe you."

RIA

The hoaxers should be ashamed of themselves; they're ruining good peoples' lives and spreading fear with their lies.

If Leonid Elenin is a real person, why is his name not on the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics website, which he claims to work at? Leonid Elenin is not on there. Only a reference to "G.G. Elenin", a person who someone who works there co-published something with apparently, NOT someone who works there (What an interesting coincidence though!)

www.keldysh.ru...

edit on 12-5-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

If Leonid Elenin is a real person, why is his name not on the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics website, which he claims to work at?

If he were a CIA/FSB false identity, don't you think they would have made sure he was featured prominently on that webpage? So he hasn't published anything there. So what?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If the comet had been discovered by a well known astronomer then there would have been an upset.

But, the comet was discovered by an amateur. Astronomy is one of the sciences where amateurs can have an impact on the science. They often do because more eyes means more events are seen from impacts on Jupiter to the discovery of new comets.

So there is upset because the person is not famous.

The problem is not with the comet or the discoverer. I suggest the problem is with the people that have irrational fears over something such as this. Instead of fears there should be cheers, because an amateur found something missed by the "big boys" of the astronomy world.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

But, where does Leonid live? What does he do for work? Why does he not have a facebook page or lindkn or myspace...or email address.

I'll give it a few months...once the comet is visible...if we don't get to see this guy in an interview about his discovery...well then...my guess would be the somthing is up then

ELE

NIN

LEO

weird

right?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

But, where does Leonid live? What does he do for work? Why does he not have a facebook page or lindkn or myspace...or email address.

I'll give it a few months...once the comet is visible...if we don't get to see this guy in an interview about his discovery...well then...my guess would be the somthing is up then

I don't have a facebook page, or linkedin or myspace and I do not give out my email address. What does that have to do with the comet? Nothing.

The only reason these issues are brought up is that there is nothing useful to say. These are grasping at straws, i.e. desperation acts.

The comet is unlikely to be visible to the unaided eye. You probably live close to the St J planetarium. See when they are holding their next star party.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

In a small city outside Moscow. He is an academician in mathematics. He does have both a facebook page and a LinkedIn profile. For obvious reasons, I don't wish to give you his e-mail, but you can always "friend" him on facebook:

www.facebook.com...
edit on 12-5-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

In fact, here is the long awaited interview:

spaceobs.org...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There is still somthing not right about this. Why hasn't he blown up yet? Why isn't he on the news everyday? Honestly.. I have never even seen a picture of him (not that Ive searched for one)...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

There is still somthing not right about this. Why hasn't he blown up yet? Why isn't he on the news everyday? Honestly.. I have never even seen a picture of him (not that Ive searched for one)...

Good point. Nearly twenty minutes of every newscast is nothing but astronomy, astronomy, astronomy! It's completely crowded out politics and celebrity gossip! (Yes, that's sarcasm.) The simple fact of the matter is that no-one really cares except a handful of cultist who want you to be afraid. If you haven't looked for a photo of him, is it any wonder you've never seen one?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I guess we'll all see.

Interesting that the MSM calls it a wimp eh?

St. J.....thats a scary place

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekr1111
While I'm still among those who believe the whole elenin/nibiru issue wreaks of a cover-up, I'm objective enough to acknowledge and post this video below... which is Leonids first actual interview showing at least the photo of the person claimed to be Leonid Elenin, is a real person.

spaceobs.org...

does this put an end to many other important aspects of the issue and all the questions, oddities and coincidences? Hardly.

But articles like this Msnbc garbage, is an epic Fail if not just because they leave out context and major parts of the arguments and concerns surrounding the issue in totality. Cherry-picking evidence that supports the opposing argument and leaving other evidences out because it obviously doesn't fit their agenda , is both further evidence of a cover-up, and/or shows how blatantly stupid and ignorant these skeptics, researchers and alleged academic minds, really are.

edit on 12-5-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)

Great find but damn shame I can't speak Russian!

Just a quick question because I'm not sure if I have missed something but why do some people spell his surname Yelenin and Others Elenin?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Q: (L) Who were the Annunaki?

A: Aliens.

Q: (L) Where were they from?

A: Zeta Reticuli.

Q: (L) Do they come here every time the comet cluster is approaching to sap the souls energy created by the fear, chaos and so forth?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) The two events are loosely interrelated?

Q: (L) Is that why they are here now?

A: Close.

Q: (L) Is there a large fleet of space-ships riding a wave, so to speak, approaching our planet?

Q: (L) Where are these ships from?

A: Zeta Reticuli.

Q: (L) When will they arrive?

A: 1 month to 18 years.

The Wave

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bridge_Boy

Just a quick question because I'm not sure if I have missed something but why do some people spell his surname Yelenin and Others Elenin?

In Russian, his last name is spelled " Еленин," which can be transcribed as "Elenin," but the first vowel has a slight dipthong and can be pronounced or transcribed as "Yelenin." What's more, in Russian the comet is referred to in its feminine form "Yelenina!"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join