It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC article about Elenin "Don't fear comet headed our way - it's a wimp"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Propaganda is in overdrive now, to debunk Elenin before more people wake up and realize Leonid Elenin is not a real person and that Elenin could be a threat to Earth...

edit on 11-5-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
What's that saying?
When they tell you not to be afraid, that's when you should be?

www.space.com...(SPACE .com+Headline+Feed)
I found this interesting...it was a link on that page
edit on 11-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

THE GREAT OZ HAS SPOKEN.

Sorry, I'm just reminded of that suddenly..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

I just find is some what Ironic that the beginning of the name "ELEnin" is an acronym for extinction-level event.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Propaganda is in overdrive now, to debunk Elenin before more people wake up and realize Leonid Elenin is not a real person and that Elenin could be a threat to Earth...

edit on 11-5-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

I love this quote from the NASA astrobiologist about the ELE coincidence, it's truly wierd!

They claim that the comet's discoverer, Russian amateur astronomer Leonid Elenin, does not exist, and the name is a code based on ELE = Extinction Level Event. This is not only wrong but crazy. Do they think that if anyone really wanted to keep this comet secret they would use an obvious code like this to tell us that it was likely to hit Earth? Truly weird!

Seriously though, people should decide for themselves what all of this means. To some it means nothing, to others, it means everything. Do your research of data and of your feelings and common sense to make a decision, as for me? Better safe than sorry

edit on 11-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
These Elenin believers are impossible to appease. They state that because there is no media coverage of Elenin that it must be something other than a comet. Now we have media coverage that says it's a harmless comet, and this is apparently evidence that it is not a comet.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

EXACTLY!!! A simple google search will tell, Type in "Leonid Elenin" and the only thing that comes up is "Its a hoax he doesnt exsist" (In various different forms). I want to figure out what NIN means.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

NIN = Goddess

What is suprising about this is it means goddess in the ancient language of Sumerian which is the same culture who told of the 10th planet and the Annunaki.

Leonid = Meteor shower from the constalation Leo.

So, we have..... A meteor shower extinction level event from the goddess of leo. more or less

If you watch any video about the subject, please watch this one, it is very informative and entertaining.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Anybody remember the movie Deep Impact?

About a guy named Leo who found a comet dubbed Ele?

I know the Ele part is a given because it is an acronym, but as soon as i heard about this it immediately reminded me of the movie.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

I know the Ele part is a given because it is an acronym, but as soon as i heard about this it immediately reminded me of the movie.

Don't forget this movie was made all the way back in 98 and portrayed a black president (Morgan Freeman)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

EXACTLY!!! A simple google search will tell, Type in "Leonid Elenin" and the only thing that comes up is "Its a hoax he doesnt exsist" (In various different forms). I want to figure out what NIN means.

You might want to read what he said in a recent interview:

По словам Еленина, ему приходилось сталкиваться с заявлениями, что ЦРУ и ФСБ уже создали сеть секретных убежищ в ожидании катастрофы, которую принесет комета. Более того, многие уверены в том, что самого Еленина не существует, а его имя - зашифрованное указание на грядущую катастрофу.
"Я видел дискуссии о том, как расшифровывается "Леонид Еленин". Например "Ele" - это "extinction level event" (всеуничтожающая катастрофа), а "nin" - это "Nibiru in November", - сказал астроном.

Он отметил, что люди, которые заходили на сайт его обсерватории, требовали доказательств, что он действительно существует.
"Меня просят: пришлите копию паспорта, что вас действительно зовут Леонид Еленин. Спрашивают, почему нет ваших фотографий в сети, почему в России нет ни одного интервью с вами?", - сообщил ученый.
По его словам, ему приходили письма с вопросами, как "спастись", от людей, которые намеревались продать дом и вместе с семьей бежать в горы, когда комета приблизится к Земле.
Когда он пытался объяснить, что открытая им комета, хоть и довольно интересное, но вполне обычное небесное тело, ему отвечали: "Вы все скрываете, вам запрещают говорить, мы вам не верим".

According Elenina, he had to deal with statements that the CIA and the Federal Security Service had already established a network of secret shelters in anticipation of catastrophe that would bring the comet. Moreover, many believe that most Elenina does not exist, and its name - an encrypted reference to the impending catastrophe.
"I saw a discussion about how stands Leonid Yelenin." Instance "Ele" - this "extinction level event" (vseunichtozhayuschaya catastrophe), and "nin" - this "Nibiru in November", - said the astronomer.

He noted that people who go to the site of his observatory, demanded proof that he really exists.
"I'm asking: please send a copy of the passport that you really name is Leonid Yelenin. Ask why not have your pictures online, why Russia is not a single interview with you?" - Said the scientist.
According to him, he had a letter with questions like "escape" from people who wanted to sell his house and his family flee to the mountains when the comet approaches the Earth.
When he tried to explain that they open a comet, though quite interesting, but quite common celestial body, he replied: "You're hiding, you may not say we do not believe you."

RIA

The hoaxers should be ashamed of themselves; they're ruining good peoples' lives and spreading fear with their lies.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
All I could find about Leonid Elenin is here
reinep.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
How on earth is this world going to get any better when these comet believers are pressing fear on others. I thought this was the point in life where we must be positive to create a better world? To believe the world is going to end is to fear the unexpected and stress the mysterious. I for one think we are in a time of change and mine will be a positive one.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by tom goose

Don't forget this movie was made all the way back in 98 and portrayed a black president (Morgan Freeman)

whoa... i forgot about that, like Danny Glover in 2012. maybe that is why Gabrielle Giffords was popped... her husband is on a shuttle mission to stop this, he doesn't believe it will be a success. Nobody can keep that kind of duress from their spouse, NSA and Secret Service knows this and makes sure she does not cause any panic.

I have trouble keeping my imagination under wraps sometimes.
edit on 11-5-2011 by tom goose because: added the word why

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

Deep Impact= My FAVORITE Movie (:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

DUN DUN DUN... And let the world start to crumble.... NOW.

But on another note, do you REALLY think they new about this back then?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CoachSlamYou

Good for you. I on the other hand am going to prepared for what ever may come of this. If nothing happens oh well, my time lost worrying about it not yours.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britx
reply to post by Helious

DUN DUN DUN... And let the world start to crumble.... NOW.

But on another note, do you REALLY think they new about this back then?

I think they have known about it for a very, very long time.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

I think they have known about it for a very, very long time.

What and they were just waiting for some Joe Schmoe Astrologer to find it and point it out? Or were "they" hoping it was never found (DUMB Plan if you ask me), Honeslty how could they have known if it was just visable in 2010 that it was first seen?

** All serious questions, not trying to debate with you

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

More like, debunking it before they have people trying to kill themselves because of a little comet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join