It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Foreign minister slams international community for failing to intervene in Syria, Iran like i

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Lieberman to world: What about Syria? Foreign minister slams international community for failing to intervene in Syria, Iran like in Libya

Ynetnews.com

"What conclusions should we draw from this inconsistency?" he told the envoys, adding that the world's conduct was sending an upsetting message to residents of the Middle East while pushing peace, security and democracy further away."

Saddle up ladies we are going to war with Syria and Iran. Yep we are going to war on another two fronts you heard here first.

Turning his attention to the Palestinians, Lieberman said the PA wasted the nine-month settlement construction freeze without any intention to enter genuine negotiations with Israel. The Palestinians were clearly seeking "excuses" in order to avoid significant talks that could lead to a comprehensive solution, the foreign minister said.

Yep them Palestinians always standing in the way of peace...
www.haaretz.com...

The leaked documents completely discredit the claim that there is "no peace partner" made by the leader of the newly formed Atzmaut faction, Ehud Barak, and his boss, Benjamin Netanyahu.
The documents are testimony that the Palestinians are willing to go the distance for peace: They will relinquish their claims on the Jewish neighborhoods in Jerusalem and the surrounding areas, the Etzion settlement bloc and the settlements along the Green Line. This would all be in return for territories on the western side of this line, including the region of Gilboa and Mount Hebron.

btw Haaretz is another Jewish news source like ynet. Funny how they can have different opinions while all our news sources all say what they are told in perfect harmony.

My two bits TPTB behind this crap is no more Jewish than it is Jesuit or American or even human imo. If not alien then certainly they have forsaken their humanity for pure evil. And just because our leaders are their puppets dont make us their slaves.

No more wars and demand the end of the occupation of gaza.

Lets make a better world. No more corporatism we can develop free energy without oppressive laws.We can feed and shelter the masses so we can all celebrate life to grow and overcome our mutual shortcoming. Let us find a better way before they nuke us all damn it.

edit on 11-5-2011 by UcDat because: edit

edit on 11-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Who believes anything LIEberMAN says??
It's all in the name

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hey, I'm not to sure but does Syria have a lot of oil? Could that possibly be why the rest of the world "community" isn't giving Syria a healthy dose of air strikes? Is it because the rest of the world community looks at Syria like they look at Iran and Saudi Arabia, and just could care less what they do to each other? No, it's because they don't have any oil, that's why NATO or somebody else isn't bombing them !!!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

The reason nothing has been done to Syria is multi faceted..

Firstly, The Uk and France have tried (and failed) to get the UN to pass a resolution. The Chinese and Russians are not keen on intervention.

Secondly (but linked to the first point), Syria has friends, whereas Libya did not.

The whole "Libya for Oil" thing is stupid. We had Oil deals with Gaddafi, at favourable rates too. The rebels, on the other hand, are now in control of some of the Oil facilities that the Western companies did run and have stated, if they win, they will reevaluate all contracts so we may actually lose out.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by UcDat

Who believes anything LIEberMAN says??
It's all in the name

Lol yep but the Israel power in the USA is absolute Using Libya to justify going into Syria is priceless then on the same breath moaning about the Palestinians blocking the peace they've refused them for over 20 years...

Super LIEberMAN works for Satan imo

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Wow, it sure is going to come to a surprise to Israel, when they find out they weren't actually considered an ally at all, but just a tool for the oil companies, and military industrial complex, and we are going to let it get lit up like a Christmas tree to create a major third world, to usher in a one world government in the aftermath.

They should have tried making peace instead of acting like such a bunch of war mongerers.

You reap what you sew, the players get played and the beat goes on.

Don't say Proto didn't warn you guys years ago.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

lol I hope not man tho I do hope the USA is playing them but if its the NWO crowd we're going to end up mostly dead and whats left will be tagged and on a chemical leach and fed nothing but the corporate line. Has for the nuke em all hell no lets just stop giving them those billions eh (btw if your playing them how come they own the USA?)
Let up on the wars and help rebuild what we wrecked along with our own countries...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Well, how would he like the international community to intervene in Gaza when Israel is killing civilians? It would be nice to have the same rules for every country.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I think america needs to stay out of other countries biz. and not be a puppet to the UN or being world police. Let america deal with american national interests for the people and not corporations.

Quit spending billions of dollars in aid when that money could be used to help educate our children or the people leeching the welfare system. Why spend the money on cheap labor when we have a healthy supply of people here.

I am tired of the world expecting america to figure out it's problems. I am sure they have american educated (payed for by american tax payers) people living in their countries willing to find a solution.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
russia has one of its biggest navy base's in the world situated on the syria coast,giving them a big presents in the med,there is no way,they would let any action be taken in syria,and it's not about syrian people,it's about military installations.

the zionists of israel,are doing what they do best,winding the americans up,to fight there battles.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

russia is watching closely event transpiring in syria. russias navy base in syria is non-negotiable!!

edit on 11/5/11 by FuGGer because: (no reason given)

Yep that base is the only thing standing between Syria and an all out assault still it seems to me like TPTB want WW3 in a bad sort of way so who knows...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat

No more wars and demand the end of the occupation of gaza.

I think you mean the West Bank, as there is no occupation or any Israeli presence in the Gaza Strip. These are two different locations with two different attitudes and lifestyles.

btw Haaretz is another Jewish news source like ynet. Funny how they can have different opinions while all our news sources all say what they are told in perfect harmony.

The media in Israel is, for the most part, very liberal. You should read this recent article, it's an interview with Moshe Dayan's daughter. Hearing both sides definitely helps maintain a healthy state of mind, and hopefully we will see this type of media freedom in the newly revolutionized countries in northern Africa...

edit on 11-5-2011 by DJAghetto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DJAghetto

cool thx for the link and for the record I do feel Gaza is very much a concentration camp under Israel rule but hopefully it will be open and free soon. And ya free media rules a lot of good people in Israel just wish they had more impact on their policies.

edit the link gives me a 404 but I found with google
edit 2 the link buttons broken again my bad here's the link raw www.nashvillescene.com...
edit on 11-5-2011 by UcDat because: edit2

I also get what your saying about the west bank and your right that is the most contested part due to the settlements.
edit on 11-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

cool thx for the link and for the record I do feel Gaza is very much a concentration camp under Israel rule but hopefully it will be open and free soon.

That's another misconception which i find mind-boggling. The Gaza Strip is in no way, shape or form, under Israeli rule. If there is a "crisis", this issue must be addressed to the authorities that actually govern that area which is the Hamas. They're the party that the Gazans elected, so Hamas are responsible for their people's needs.

I have to admit, though, that voting for Hamas was not the smartest decision. Given their history of violence and global reputation, I'm not really sure what the Gazans thought they would get out of Hamas. Hopefully, the upcoming Palestinian elections will produce better, non-violent results...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJAghetto

cool thx for the link and for the record I do feel Gaza is very much a concentration camp under Israel rule but hopefully it will be open and free soon.

That's another misconception which i find mind-boggling. The Gaza Strip is in no way, shape or form, under Israeli rule. If there is a "crisis", this issue must be addressed to the authorities that actually govern that area which is the Hamas. They're the party that the Gazans elected, so Hamas are responsible for their people's needs.

I have to admit, though, that voting for Hamas was not the smartest decision. Given their history of violence and global reputation, I'm not really sure what the Gazans thought they would get out of Hamas. Hopefully, the upcoming Palestinian elections will produce better, non-violent results...

sorry just doesnt look like they have much "freedom"

As for Hamas have you read the Palestinian wikileaks? They tried everything for peace but got stonewalled after a few decades of that and their oppression I might just vote the radicals myself. Heck I'd vote them in right now to clean up our own system.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The Gaza Strip is in no way, shape or form, under Israeli rule.

What a joke.\Gaza is surrounded by Israeli built walls and there's an exclusion zone on PALESTINIAN land that Israel controls..
Nothing comes in or out of Gaza without Israeli permission and Israel controls all essential services, airways and even much of their foreign income, which they are currently holding back...

Not under Israel control..

What planet do you live on???

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Ah BiB... your usual deflection...

1) Gaza had the border with Egypt... Israel does not control it... sorry... And they do say that Egypt intends to open it... (what's up with that BTW??)

2) If you would be shooting and firing rockets at me, I wouldn't have given anything authority to enter your territory, Israel provides tons of equipment through.

3) When Israel left Gaza in 2005 it left a lot of agricultural areas, which the Arab population could have continued to farm, but Hamas took over these and doesn't let the Arabs farm... Gaza is more than capable of growing its food among other things.

4) You live in Australia, if memory serves, and therefore you have no idea what it's like to share a border with a territory that keeps firing at you... come live in Sderot for a couple of weeks, and we'll see what you think then...

And I'll pre-empt your regular "BS"/"Joke" replies... give me the real sources that say that Israel controls the border with Egypt...

Think logically and rationally -> Israel leaves Gaza, logically speaking, should Israel be responsible for Gaza?? Oh, and one more thing... THERE WAS NO BLOCKADE until AFTER Hamas took over Gaza... from 2005 until 2007 there was nothing there (even though they kept firing rockets)... But I guess there's no convincing the likes of you.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

You are just wrong... Hamas's charter calls for the destruction of Israel... just listen to what their leaders say man... they are willing to compromise for now... when they are weaker (a known tactic of Islam...) only to attack when they are stronger again...

The elections where Hamas won BTW, were in the entire PA... Hamas easily took over Gaza since it was always stronger there (since it's a branch of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood), and when it took over Gaza, it threw Fatah people off roof tops, dragged their bodies through the streets and many more horrific things, Israel actually (at the begging of Abu-Mazen) helped evacuate some Fatah people out of there with their families (I thought Israel was committing "Genocide" guess it's doing it wrong...) to the west bank... The Hamas was also relatively strong in the West Bank, but Israel's worked hard to destroy their terrorist infrastructure.

Now, a couple of more misconceptions you might have...

1) Egypt and Gaza have a border that Israel doesn't control... If that border is closed, the Gaza population can only complain to Egypt and not Israel... last I checked, Egypt was a sovereign state and does what it pleases.

2) About your "They tried everything for peace" Hamas NEVER tried anything for peace, unless you define blowing up busses, firing rockets etc as "efforts for peace"... Hamas states everywhere that there will never be peace... this stems from them being an Islamic organization... Islam will only allow non-muslim to live as Dhimmis (second class citizens that must pay a head-tax and be subject to many other limitations)...

What most people don't get here is that this conflict is not ONLY territorial conflict... it's a religious conflict...

But this derails the thread... the original thread is about the FM of Israel (which I think is corrupt) slamming the international community about their hypocrisy (at least on that he's correct)... They will never attack Syria since they are concerned of what it would do for the entire region (i.e. Iran would get involved through Hizbolla and Hamas etc)..

Personally, I deplore any loss of life... anywhere, but there's no arguing that the world is acting two-faced about Syria and Libya...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ender_shadow

2) About your "They tried everything for peace" Hamas NEVER tried anything for peace, unless you define blowing up busses, firing rockets etc as "efforts for peace"... Hamas states everywhere that there will never be peace... this stems from them being an Islamic organization... Islam will only allow non-muslim to live as Dhimmis (second class citizens that must pay a head-tax and be subject to many other limitations)...

What most people don't get here is that this conflict is not ONLY territorial conflict... it's a religious conflict...

I believe the wikileaks referred to negotiations even before Hamas was elected.
I agree its certainly has religious tones but at the end of the day Israel keeps taking more land
and after operation cast lead how can you say they have any right to claim the moral high ground?
In fact before they drove them out to set up Israel did the jewish people not live under Muslim rule in peace? I understand in those days they lived side by side trading off kid care on each others holy days. In fact wasn't the greatest exodus of the Jewish people to Jerusalem not under that same Muslim rule?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join