It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we all have chemo brain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I was thinking lately about my personal experience with family that went through Chemo and subsequently when describing memory problems, someone said it was chemo brain.

When the puzzled oncologist said she never heard of it, by the next visit, she was all up on it and agreed it is indeed a real impairment that some people experience after chemo.

What is Chemo Brain exactly?
Also Known as:
Post-chemotherapy cognitive impairment (PCCI)
(Wikipedia)

Post-chemotherapy cognitive impairment (PCCI) (also known as chemotherapy-induced cognitive dysfunction, chemo brain or chemo fog) describes the cognitive impairment that can result from chemotherapy treatment. Approximately 20–30% of people who undergo chemotherapy experience some level of post-chemotherapy cognitive impairment. The phenomenon first came to light because of the large number of breast cancer survivors who complained of changes in memory, fluency, and other cognitive abilities that impeded their ability to function as they had pre-chemotherapy. [1]

Symptoms
The systems of the body most affected by chemotherapy drugs include visual and semantic memory, attention and motor coordination. [7] These effects can impair a chemotherapy patient's ability to understand and make decisions regarding treatment, perform in school or employment and can reduce quality of life.[7] Survivors often report difficulty multitasking, comprehending what they've just read, following the thread of a conversation, and retrieving words[8]

Breast cancer survivors who were treated with chemotherapy have to work harder to perform tasks than survivors whose treatment was surgical. A year after treatment the brains of cancer survivors treated with chemotherapy had physically shrunk while those of people not treated with chemotherapy had not. [9]

(Also From Wikipedia)
Semantic memory

Semantic memory

Semantic memory refers to the memory of meanings, understandings, and other concept-based knowledge unrelated to specific experiences. The conscious recollection of factual information and general knowledge about the world [1] is generally thought to be independent of context and personal relevance. Semantic and episodic memory together make up the category of declarative memory, which is one of the two major divisions in memory. The counterpart to declarative, or explicit memory, is procedural memory, or implicit memory. [2]

Now that chemo brain has been clarified,
I just have to tell you all what brought this to mind.

About a week ago, there was a thread alerting of an upcoming internet radio program that intended to interview "Mr. X" about zero point energy, specifically; water powered vehicles.

Later, a thread was posted asking what happened to the thread mentioned above and if the interview scheduled May 4th ever happened.

In this thread, a reply mentioned the Hutchinson Effect, and it seemed to suffice, as if this subject was in fact the subject inquired about in the OP.
(It must have been a dis-info agent spy-op.-and seemed to work easily)

In the days between and after these two posts, there were everything from Japan's nuclear fires, nuclear dump into the Mississippi River, nuclear disasters in three American states recently, Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Congressional bills, Nibiru, Elenin, The Pyramids, Sun color changes, Planetary alignments shaking the earth, disclosure, billion dollar aid to Egypt, TSA, dis-info agents, NWO, TPTB, no ride lists, etc... (To name just a few), with little or no MSM coverage.

With the exponential increase in news; (mostly bad, end of world and surely all negative type reporting, for the most part),

it boggles the mind that with imminent extinction or the many other wonderful event forecasts; (Most, seemingly disastrous and biblical in proportion. Each, larger and more shocking and/or horrific than the preceding to look forward to,

is it any wonder that we lose focus as fast as we encounter new information or uncovering?

It is as if Chemo Brain has infested society as if in step with radiation levels increases, chemicals dumped, sprayed, poured, ingested, injected and absorbed into humanity and our world, leaving some without much hope.

Those who see the beauty and love are dwindling in numbers and others are in denial of things whether real, imagined or conspired in secret or other.

I just want to let you know that as I had this thought, I did look for and did find the program that started my reflection on this en masse memory lapse, possibly a result of the increasing poisons which now expose us to damage from DNA to mind.

Here is the link to the Mr. X Interview. (Which broadcast May 7th rather than the 4th)
Water Replaces Gasoline - The Incredible Story of Mr. X

P.S. Note that after the 1st hour break, ATS is mentioned in a negative light, a few times.

I hope that there is a higher power that will intervene before Mother Earth and the Masters of this world destroy us all.

Lastly, the interview is very educational and brings to light the technologies that have been snuffed out or suppressed.

But be assured that there are limits in place by those who rule and crossing the line will bring severe and bitter consequences. And this is purported as fact.
In the case of the interview of Mr. X, the line drawn is 30%.

I hope some will remember this post and the Mr. X interview, but my doubts are evident.

new topics

join