It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Aircraft in the Soviets's Inventory

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The pilots landed in China but I would have ditched the plane in the ocean rather than give it to china. Some of you may not do the same it a moral choice I just would have tried to land it and let it sink in the ocean.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The pilots landed in China but I would have ditched the plane in the ocean rather than give it to china. Some of you may not do the same it a moral choice I just would have tried to land it and let it sink in the ocean.

So, you would have left the crew to fend for themselves in the ocean? Knowing that the nearest rescue assets are hours away? The nearest allied ones were even further.

You do realize that the crew spent the whole flight to China trashing equipment and burning documents, right?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The Chinese might have been interested in saving the pilots if it weren't for the aircraft. Notice how the pilots were released nearly immediatly yet the Chinese stole the plane. The plane was the pilots ticket to rescue if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
You do realize that the crew spent the whole flight to China trashing equipment and burning documents, right?

No doubt. AWST did a bit on this, they had burn bags and used the sonar bouy chute to jettosin electronics overboard. However, they did speculate that they pilot was having a hell of a time controlling the plane so they may have not had the ability to completely destory the elctronics. The pilot did a good job to get the plane down with no nosecone and other damage to the plane. Ditching into the ocean would have been suicide.

They did get the plane back. However the ChiComs refused them the right to fly off so they had to take of the wings and load it onto a barge.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I'm suspicous of the incident in which the Chinese fighter collided with our plane. Its perfect, it looks like an accident, the plane is still reletivly intact, and it has no were to land except China. And seeing as China obviously has an interest in pirating aircraft designs it seems a bit suspicious. Now about that airbus, me I think that it might have been highjacked. That or it was carrying some important cargo.

No doubt. They have stolen or purchased numberous arms and duplicated them over and over. Thier whole military is practicaly built on this philosophy. The collison between the P-3 and the J-7 may not have been an accident as you suspected.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i happened to be in yugoslavia at the time, i was in belgrade, in the russian embassy. after the first bombings along with some other ppl from the emabassy i had to stay in yugoslavia. the embassy was bombed bcs the americans had a reason for it. and the reason was pure PROVOCATION!!!! no secret documents nor materials were supposed to be in the building and the f117 parts were supposed to be transffered to russia. it is deal between russia and china that china gets a few pieces of the material...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, the pilot of the F-117 was rescued shortly after he was shot down. So, there was a SF unit going in. And if they were there, I'm sure they destroyed the critical parts of the plane (if they weren't rendered useless by the impact). But the special painting of the plane can't be destroyed (as far as i know), so the russians/chinese remained interested in getting parts of the aircraft.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
the pilot didn't land close to the plane... also the pilot was moving towards the border to make it easier for SAR team to rescue him...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by khruschev
the pilot didn't land close to the plane... also the pilot was moving towards the border to make it easier for SAR team to rescue him...

You know this because.....?

Your proof is...?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That incident with the Chinese pilot ramming an unarmed US plane in international waters still pisses me off just wish he had tried tied to ram an F-15 he will have gotten blown to kingdom come.

Well the pilot died so I can't understand you being mad on a DEAD man who was scarying away an airplane that was not (officially) doing anything wrong. It was just an CIAordered spyplane doing it's totally legal job.

Keep it up the same way boys and we'll have some very intelligent conversations here on ATS

[edit on 13-10-2004 by vorazechul]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I didn't intend to suggest that the parts were destroyed by the SAME guys who picked up the pilot, sorry about that..

About 90+ SF vent in, and I can't imagine why they wouldn't go after the parts.. If they did, then obviously the team was split up, some of them did the CSAR and the other part did the "S&D".

The pilot tells the story (obviously hevaily censored, and modified:@@
: news.bbc.co.uk...

I have 2 questions:
1. What do you think, what downed the F-117? Was it AAA OR a missile guided by a trio of P-12 Spoonrest (old, early warning) radars? The AAA theory sounds very believable, becouse the plane was flying low (as far as i know), and it wasn't completely dark yet (20:00 local time).
Ohh.. and it may have been a bolt action rifle used by a peasant..

2.There must be some procedures to locate the downed plane even if ( and especially) when its stealthy, and there are systems in it, which the americans really don't want to see in the next generation of russian planes..
If somebody has info about how they locate a downed stealthy plane would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
how do i know that? well, i was there...

1. Actually Yugoslav army used anti-hail missiles loaded with metal powder, so these metal particles stick onto various surfaces as well on those of a stealth plane and a radar can pick up the track of those particles. since the plane was flying lower than 6000m it was an easy shot for the anti-hail missiles. laterwhen the radar has locked onto the target several missiles from the "Neva" AA misile system were fired , and radar shut down...

2. Well, don't worry this probably won't finish on the next gen of russian a/c since Russia already posesses a piece of an F117A, which lost some part of it due to an AAA hit in the 1st Gulf War, another reasons why it won't be used is that the technology is over 20 years old... Plasma stealth technology of 3rd generation is under developpement. This won't enter service soon due to results of the 1st and 2nd gen plasma stealth, with the first gen the trouble was the light bulb effect and with the second one is that u can't use afterburners since engines get overheated quickly

The plane itself is located by an encded signal to a satellite which is a sort of the GPS clone, but used only for the army needs. The problem American troops had while entering Yugoslav territory were the local peasants, and the same group of people also prevented Americans from destroying the aircraft since a very short time after the crach they gathered around examing it along with the local police and later on army. The SAR team would risk too much if they opened fire upon Yugoslav troops.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

how do i know that? well, i was there...

I say again, your proof is...?

2. Well, don't worry this probably won't finish on the next gen of russian a/c since Russia already posesses a piece of an F117A, which lost some part of it due to an AAA hit in the 1st Gulf War,

Funny, then why is it that the US gov't will not acknowledge what you claim. According to them no F-117 was tracked or hit. If they were there would have been proof of that.

Credibility level approaching dangerous lows......

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
proof of what?
that I was there or something else?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

I don't think it would have been hard for them to get some US planes form the Vietnam and Korean war, also the Iranian's might have given some F-14 to the soviets. I never understood why the US did not call in an air strike to destroy the F-14 that Iran had.

Id put my money on the fact that they did not feel the need. The IRAF used US contractors to maintain the planes (Kind of how Kuwait and SA do now), as the story goes, the contractors simply took out all of the critical electronic components and rendered them useless in an electronic sense. The planes flew but without alot of the critical avionics

In 1985 Iran shocked the world (especially the US) when a formation of 25 Tomcats overflew Tehran. It was a miracle how Iran kept it's Tomcats flying even though they had been cut from (official) spares suppliers and it proves Iran's ingenuity and ability to reverse-engineer. This ability should ensure that the type is still available to undertake limited long-range interception missions at low sortie rates. Since the end of the eight-year long conflict, numerous enhancement projects have been performed on the type, including increasing the AWG-9's range, and integrating the R-73 AAM and various air-to-ground weapons with the aircraft. Iran is also working hard on a project to reverse-engineer and manufacture the AIM-54A Phoenix longe-range air-air missile locally.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
In exchange for several F-14's Soviet Union and now Russia provide them with reverse-engineered spare parts, modernized avionics, weapons, and weapon control systems.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Russia has even USA UAV tech! From where? Well dont forget the 22 or so lost in war on Yugoslavia.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
Russia has even USA UAV tech! From where? Well dont forget the 22 or so lost in war on Yugoslavia.

LOL
Not only UAV, we also have American planes, rockets, helicopters, and not only from Yugoslavia.

Russian have you been to Yugoslavia with the KFOR troops? On any other occasion?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sorry where i been and what i did is not going public. I dont like people knowing who I am or what i do. Well you do know one thing! i am Russian.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Other bits and pieces: A F-111a Escape capsule, and at least 5 U-2's were downed. 1 over the CCCP and 4 over China.

FredT:

Did you have the evidence to show a F-111's Escape Capsule is in Russia. Just a PHOTO is OK

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join