It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement From The Family Of Osama bin Laden (10th May)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If this is true, and this goes to trial, the United States would have to prove Osama was responsible for the 9/11 attacks and therefore gave them the right to legally kill him.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
We were not close, my brother and I. But when I got a call from my niece that he was dead, I took the metaphysical punch in the guts that begins the descent into grief.

My heart goes out to OBL's family. Whatever the truth about his death, they are grieving the loss of their loved one and their grief deserves respect. They have an inalienable right to information about the death and how the body was disposed of. As with anyone and for the sake of the health of their psyches, they require closure.
edit on 11/5/2011 by teapot because: edit

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I remember Obama saying that releasing graphic pictures of a man shot in the head is "not us", or "not US". Respecting the dead and returning the corpse to the family and respecting the will of the rest of the world to show evidence is probably also "not us".

It is all BS....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I remember Obama saying that releasing graphic pictures of a man shot in the head is "not us", or "not US". Respecting the dead and returning the corpse to the family and respecting the will of the rest of the world to show evidence is probably also "not us".

Yet Saddam's dead kids were plastered all over the media.

My belief?

Osama/Usama died of complications related to his disease in 2001 and was buried as was reported in the non western media at the time. The US could not confirm this. Obviously bin Laden was a great asset when it came to politics as he had a knack for sending out questionable video and audio at politically opportune times. He was the phantom enemy that was everywhere and no where, a blank cheque for the war on terror.

But then 10 years pass, we hear and see nothing from him, the only stuff available is proven either fake, or edited from previous video releases. Instead of being the blank cheque he is now a liability. So they wait, and wait, and after at least 7 years of NO contact what so ever, they decide he has to be dead, concoct this raid, probably killed some innocent guy with a beard, and released this questionable scenario, constantly changing the story to fit the facts that WE discover.

From 2001 to 2007 Bin Laden was an asset
From 2007 he was a liability and a constant reminder of the FAILURE of the intelligence community to actually find this guy.

They can't announce him dead then have him pop up somewhere still alive, so I believe they waited this out until they were sure he had to be long dead.

What are we left with?

At least 8 versions of the story.

> A gun fight leading up the compound and room to room being shot at by guards and Bin Laden
> No gun fight, only 1 armed guard
> Osama used his wife as a shield while firing an AK47
> Osama never grabbed his gun and didn't even have time to surrender
> Osama's son is dead
> No wait, it's another son
> Osama's son is missing
> DNA test to confim
> No DNA results, it was facial recognition
> No it was special magic super fast DNA that doesn't need a lab
> No he was killed a week before they announced it and they waited 7 days for DNA results
> Obama and Hillary watched the live feed of the raid
> No live feed of the actual raid was available, it was blacked out
> Osama's body was dumped in the ocean as is Muslim Custom
> Muslim custom dictates burial at sea only when the death occurs and they can not bury the body withing (i think it's 24 hours)
> There is video and photo evidence that will be released
> The photos "leaked" are all fakes
> There will be NO released proof
> Osama's wife confirms the US story
> Osama's wife DENIES the US story
> Proof of Osama's wife is a badly, horrifically badly, photoshopped passport

That's just off the top of my head. So yeah, if you are sitting here wondering why all us retards don't believe the US version of events, go read my little list again and remember that's only spanning, what, 2 weeks?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Its not like the seal team went in and killed everybody, only those that at that moment in time that appeared to be a threat. As far as shooting the woman in the leg, the operator was only trying to keep her away from him, I think he used good judgement in only injuring her, he could have gone ahead and killed her. There were witnesses left behind to tell the story, good or bad.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalSea
They whisked his body away supposedly because no country was willing to accept his body and they didn't want people to know his whereabouts so that a shrine or place of worship could not be set up in it's place. They also claimed a sea burial is a Muslim custom, even though many Muslims have come out saying this is not the case at all.

Except according to the OP, we now know that was a lie too. They didn't even ask the family according to the article. The more info that gets out, the faster their story implodes.
Do they expect us to believe if Pakistan came here, murdered somebody they claim is a terrorist then they should be able to dump the body in the because nobody would take it also? I don't think so.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is pretty damning if no one in the family was asked about the burial at sea or to take custody of the body, eh? Was a wife asked? Does that supersede the wishes of the rest of the family? Implications here too. As in they may feel a wife was coerced or threatened if indeed a wife made the decisions, which I doubt anyway.

It is also unworthy of the special forces to shoot unarmed female family members of Binladen killing a female and that of one of his son.

Does the OS say a female was killed? This was in early reports, was it ever officially confirmed or denied? Wasn't it clarified as she was shot in the leg and did not die?

What a mess.

reply to post by PplVSNWO

We know nothing. We know we just read a statement from part of his family. There are still unanswered questions.

edit on 5/11/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
And what about the daughter that insisted she watched him get shot? My god this story is just so confusing. I can't keep up with all the changes they are making (up)

Michelle

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

At least 8 versions of the story.

> A gun fight leading up the compound and room to room being shot at by guards and Bin Laden
> No gun fight, only 1 armed guard
> Osama used his wife as a shield while firing an AK47
> Osama never grabbed his gun and didn't even have time to surrender
> Osama's son is dead
> No wait, it's another son
> Osama's son is missing
> DNA test to confim
> No DNA results, it was facial recognition
> No it was special magic super fast DNA that doesn't need a lab
> No he was killed a week before they announced it and they waited 7 days for DNA results
> Obama and Hillary watched the live feed of the raid
> No live feed of the actual raid was available, it was blacked out
> Osama's body was dumped in the ocean as is Muslim Custom
> Muslim custom dictates burial at sea only when the death occurs and they can not bury the body withing (i think it's 24 hours)
> There is video and photo evidence that will be released
> The photos "leaked" are all fakes
> There will be NO released proof
> Osama's wife confirms the US story
> Osama's wife DENIES the US story
> Proof of Osama's wife is a badly, horrifically badly, photoshopped passport

That's just off the top of my head. So yeah, if you are sitting here wondering why all us retards don't believe the US version of events, go read my little list again and remember that's only spanning, what, 2 weeks?

Off the top of your head is right.

Please show me a list sourced to the OS and spokespeople. And on this list, please show me where it has "changed" as opposed to any of the following happening.

1. New information became available.
2. Corrections and/or clarifications to media and peoples' misinterpretations were issued.

The fact that there is rumor, conjecture, and speculation out there does not mean the OS has changed.

I want PROOF that it did. And that takes a whole lot more work than making sweeping statements and compiling a list of rumor, conjecture, and speculation in a forum.

Yes, we've heard all this. We've heard a lot of things.

We're never going to get at or even close to the truth as long as we keep muddying up the waters instead of digging in and doing some actual, unbiased research and fact-checking to get at the real story, or as close as we can.. Unbiased. Hard work. Sometimes with answers that disprove your own bias or theory. Toss that off the pile and move on.

Sure, some people can discern things by doing this kind of digging quickly in their heads. But you're going to have to have a lot more firm, substantiated proof when you keep tossing things like this around in random forums and threads.

edit on 5/11/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I am only theorizing here, but other than a few members of OBL family, weren't they all pretty much estranged? If that was the case then I can see why they did not consider it, although they did ask Saudia Arabia if they would like to have the body, they declined. That kinda says something right there in itself. Plus, there was more likely a chance that the family would build some shrine in his honor, just what we were trying to prevent.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ashtonkusher

I totally agree! Why would we not hold him in a cell and try to get as much information out of him as we can? Did we already know and there is nothing he could tell us as if he was a puppet used by our own Government? Who knows but its very shady to say the least!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Osama/Usama

Al Qaeda/Al Qaida

Have any ideas why the different spellings of these names are often used the way they are?

If not, it may be more clear, in time.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Anyone see this yet ?
Its a commercial...

edit on 11-5-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Are you willing to pay for his medical costs to keep him alive only to end up killing him later? If you are willing to write that check personally then go for it. But, I want my tax dollars spent on more important things.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Demeans your family?

Oh, well. Tough. Guess you're gonna have to suck it up.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Its not like the seal team went in and killed everybody, only those that at that moment in time that appeared to be a threat. As far as shooting the woman in the leg, the operator was only trying to keep her away from him, I think he used good judgement in only injuring her, he could have gone ahead and killed her. There were witnesses left behind to tell the story, good or bad.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

Yes an old unarmed man sitting on his bed watching tv with his wives was the real threat there huh?

Bin Laden was a CIA asset. Al Queda was created by the CIA in the early 80s to fight the soviets in Afghanastan. They were trained and funded by the CIA. The Bin Laden family PROBABLY hasnt even seen him since before 911. The Bin Laden family was also the ONLY people aloud to leave the United States on 911. The FBI hasnt charged Bin Laden with anything regarding 911.... yet he's on a kill list even though he's been dead for 9-10 years.

Now were in a war. We "killed" the "mastermind" behind this war..... yet were still in war. Infact, we need MORE security because....... the ghost on Bin Laden will get us? We need the TSA to stick their hands down a 6 year old's pants to protect us from .....the ghost of Bin Laden? Can you not see how this is a joke? Its all in place to take our freedoms in the name of false security.

None of this story adds up. Not just the events that took place on May 1st. None of this has been adding up since the towers fell. Everything from building 7 falling at free fall speed into its own footproot without having anything hit it to an unarmed old man being shot in the head without being officially charged with a crime ....10 years after his death.
edit on 11-5-2011 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by MamaJ

Are you willing to pay for his medical costs to keep him alive only to end up killing him later? If you are willing to write that check personally then go for it. But, I want my tax dollars spent on more important things.

Like hiring more highschool drop outs that couldnt even get a job at mcdonalds to join the TSA and sexually assault your wife and kids in the name of security?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
This OBL story has more holes than a lesbian orgy.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
seems like theyre not happy about not being asked if they wanted custody of his body.

But, I thought Islamic law was followed, you know, burying him out at sea.

edit on 11-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Can bury him at sea ONLY if he dies at sea and ONLY if he can't be taken to land within 24 hours.

But the seals supposedly kill him on land, take him out to sea and throw the body in the ocean in what? 13 hours?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join