It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super-storms - Activation All Around The Planet. (10th May'11 Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinkingthing
When climatologists say "record breaking" and all empirical data supports that, I lean toward believing it.

Records are always being broken. Especially in localised areas on a small time scale, such as the above image. Check out a year earlier in Apr 2010. It shows a remarkably similiar graphic, with some divisions above normal and below normal, although with slightly different areas affected. This is normal! Weather does not stay constant, and you are highly unlikely to get the "average" every single year.

The weather varied in the past, and will continue to do so. The weather at times, was terrible in the past, and will be again in the future. Although I'm interested on seeing the actual reports showing a 5% rise in winds over 20 years. It will be interesting to see what their confidence intervals are. But saying it's gotten 5% windier over the last 20 years, is quite different to saying that the last 6 months has been unprecedented for weather related events.

Edit to add: I just wanted to say that I have no problem with the OP who's asking if the video is normal. But judging by the comments on the video, and some posters comments, it seems there are people who will blindly believe him without asking questions. So nothing against your thread Seekeye2, just those who present conecture as if it's fact.
edit on 11/5/11 by Curious and Concerned because: reason given.

<< 1  2   >>

join