It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East coast U.S putting up " emergency evacuation" signs.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Saw this sign posted about 2 miles from my house. I do live on the coast but found it very odd. I live in a Place that is not often threatened by natural disasters. I decided to google it and found a bunch of results included news articles for it, but still very odd.
www.google.com...=3" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
crazy cause i think nasa just used a bunch of those cloud machines

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Just realized this is probably in the wrong forum...mods please move it accordingly. Also I do have a picture of the actual sign that I took on my iPhone but don't know how to upload it :/ so I used a stock photo from Maine.gov

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I know that Boston has had "Evacuation Route" signs up for many years now.

And honestly, I'm glad they're up, because they help me get home to the suburbs after a long night of partying in the city.

edit on 10-5-2011 by xFloggingMaryx because: typo

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hubby and I just saw those when were on the west coast up here, near White Rock BC.. We aren't from around there, so it was kind of weird for us to see!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by joeshsamp

May 10th Report Video - Super storms activating all around the planet. I just put a thread up and find this very concerning - perhaps you'd like to add your bit to my thread.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
St. John, New Brunswick just put up signs for an evacuation route as well.

www.cbc.ca...

reply to post by Seekeye2

Crazy... I'm no meteorologist, but that seems fairly strange. It's been raining in N.B. so much in the past few weeks it feels like we've barely seen the sun. So very cold and wet.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
We have lots of evacuation signs and even traffic lanes for evac. here in s tx. hurricane zone here.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
They started going up in my area after Katrina. "Evacuation Route - this way". Funny thing is there is only one road out of my area - so I'm really not sure why we need it. Gotta love stupid government.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I’ve seen those signs for as long as I can remember, both here in Hurricane Land, and in other places I have lived. Maybe you just never noticed them before.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Hahaha
, hope it was worth your taxes, it cost St John $19000 to buy them and put them up.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Did it never occur to you that "Hurricane Season" is just around the corner??

Yes....occasionally, hurricanes can make it up the Eastern Seaboard, as far north as New York. Gee.....maybe they just are preparing....getting the new signs to replaces the decaying, neglected old ones?? Signs that will, now....hopefully last for several seasons, at least.....

By the way....do they ever do road maintenance, too? Cut the grass on the sides of highways? Update speed limit and highway exit signs?? You know...regular maintenance?

edit on 10 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

I live in NW Florida so if I see a new hurricane evacuation route sign it would not mean much.
Otherwise seems signs are popping up in the oddest places according to you guys.
The gray and rainy and cold weather offers its own form of doom and gloom so maybe it's time
for some sky blue curtains and a few nice green houseplants and a couple of those indoor bulbs that
give off light similar to sunlight. It's a thought anyway.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
We've had those in VA since the 90s. Believe it or not they are a good thing, plus we're supposed to be getting some pretty bad 'canes this year so it makes sense.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Yep - mind boggling. I'm sure it cost plenty.

My feeling is if you don't know this is the only way out - you deserve what's coming!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

My bedroom is currently lit with a Blues Buster full spectrum incandescent, extra long life light-bulb. Its made to mimic the wavelength distribution of the sun. Going to stock up on those suckers before they ban them and make us all use those sickly mercury-filled compact fluorescent bulbs.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
They had just put up a FEMA earthquake emergency billboard over here in the West Coast.

Not sure if they're that uncommon, but i just recall them putting up the first one here in town.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

You beat me to it.......

Anyway, it's unsettling to say the least. Why all of a sudden and without any real explanation as to why? It's almost as though they're trying to tell us that they know something terrible is coming.

Think about it, somewhere within these municipal governments, orders are being given to print and put up those signs. Who's giving and/or receiving those orders? Maybe there are some benevolent masons in the background who are trying to give us some advance warning.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Did it never occur to you that "Hurricane Season" is just around the corner??

Yes....occasionally, hurricanes can make it up the Eastern Seaboard, as far north as New York. Gee.....maybe they just are preparing....getting the new signs to replaces the decaying, neglected old ones?? Signs that will, now....hopefully last for several seasons, at least.....

By the way....do they ever do road maintenance, too? Cut the grass on the sides of highways? Update speed limit and highway exit signs?? You know...regular maintenance?

edit on 10 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2011 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

No my friend that would take using common sense. the lack of it displayed on this site can be mind blowing sometimes errrrr... most of the time

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join