It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House gets down to cases on selling excess properties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So Obama recently announced that the Federal Government will begin selling off some 'excess' federally-owned property. Some 12,000 structures for sale, from family homes on Forest Service land, to warehouses and shacks, see what's available in YOUR region! It's pretty interesting all the different things for sale.

The Obama administration on Wednesday fleshed out its previously announced plan to save taxpayer dollars by selling off unneeded federal property, posting for the first time an online state-by-state map itemizing excess facilities.

Officials also released draft legislation aimed at overcoming the often-parochial political resistance to proposed sales by empowering an independent board of civilian experts in a process similar to the Defense Department's Base Realignment and Closure Commission.
.... many of the properties -- which range from warehouses to office complexes -- have little commercial value. The savings would come from the government no longer paying energy and other maintenance costs.

Cutting Costs by Getting Rid of Buildings We Don't Need This map visualizes a sampling of over 7,000 of the total 12,000 buildings and structures currently designated as excess. These properties range from sheds to underutilized office buildings and empty warehouses.

This map visualizes a sampling of over 7,000 of the total 12,000 buildings and structures currently designated as excess. These properties range from sheds to underutilized office buildings and empty warehouses.

www.whitehouse.gov...

www.whitehouse.gov...

White House gets down to cases on selling excess properties

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wish I could link to some specific properties, there's some cool stuff. Family homes and agricultural land, etc.

But, unfortunately, it's a government website, which means it was written by middle aged monkeys.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Nice find OP, let me go see if they got any underground bunkers lol. If you wanted to make some money you probably could with some of these property's, maybe.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

yeah I wish there was more info... pictures... asking prices or if it's an auction... without having to give some beurocrat or civilian contractor my info... still may inquire on a property just to see what the deal is...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

yeah, the map sucks, but i've been using google maps to find a few of the places based on my knowledge of the areas and the map they provide.

Some neat stuff, for sure. But VERY time consuming. I'm still searching for some of the ag land they say is available.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Found some great ag land in the mid west, and TONS of homes for sale at the edge of national forest land.Some fascinating stuff. Too bad they dont list prices.

top topics

join