It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are pundits referring to Osama as Obama?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Like many of you out there I hear alot of the right wing talk shows on the AM radio while driving around and commuting.

some examples:

The Rusty Humphries Show
The Mark Levin Show
The Laura Ingraham Show
Michael Savage

My fav by far is Michael Savage but the others always seem to take conservatism to a whole other level of wacky. For example, Laura Ingraham was talking about televised trade talks between the U.S. and China. Her main beef? It appeared to be that there weren't as many American flags in the broadcast as there were Chinese flags..... That's what we should be focused on? I rest my case.

Yesterday, I heard Laura Ingraham talking about the Osama raid in Pakistan and on multiple occasions used "Obama" instead. I took a mental note and decided to listen to other talk shows a little bit closer..

A man standing in for Michael Savage today was talking about the same thing. It turns out he, too, referred to Osama as "Obama" on multiple occasions.

This could all just be a slip of the tongue, subconscious kind of fill in the blank with the person you hate "oopsie".

But I keep hearing it over and over and over.. Just as Obama is beginning to campaign for reelection too.

One might be inclined to percieve a sort of secret brainwashing campaign going on or at least a drop of subliminal messaging.

What do you all think?? Thanks!

-ChriS

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

there's only one letter different between the two.
it doesn't seem like much a stretch to think that these people may have had just a simple slip of the tongue, no?
i find that the simplest answer is often, but not always, the best.

edit on 10-5-2011 by RicoMarston because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If the shoe fit's, wear it....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Because they're idiots and words that rhyme confuse them

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Because Ron Burgundy only reads what's on the teleprompter.

[2nd]

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I've been doing the same thing for days. I'm definitely not a right-winger, either. It's just really easy to say "Obama" instead of "Osama" when "Obama" has dominated my vocabulary much more than "Osama".

It's really just a slip of the tongue.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
You take the media far too seriously; just think of them as cartoon characters who lack personality and integrity.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Two words for you

"Freudian slip"

You work out the rest! Bahahahahahah! lol!

Seriously though as another poster pointed out it's just two rhyming words in a sentence!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I've heard Rush Limbaugh slip up on that one a few times too.

A google video search for "osama obama slip" returns several more too.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think all of you are correct!

It's probably just a slip of the tongue.

However, referring to Osama as Obama (intentional or not) could easily be percieved as just that - A minor slip of the tongue.

In other words, it is much easier to get away with planting subliminal messages in listeners minds when you have an excuse.

There's no way to know for sure. The fact that it always happens on right wing radio shows could just be a huge coincidence. Right wing radio talk shows are pretty much all there are nowadays anyway.

The only time I don't hear right wing radio is when I catch a few minutes of C2C or listen to ATS live.

Could it also just be a subconscious affiliation being made between Osama and Obama being made by the talk show hosts? In other words, their subconscious automatically implants Obama's name in the sentence because they always talk negatively about him anyway?

It just seems odd to me..

-ChriS

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It's definitely a total slip of the tongue, as other people have said.

It has nothing to do with people subconsciously mistaking the two. The names are only off by one letter, they both rhyme, and they both begin and end with the same letters.

Here's an experiment for people: write out a paragraph about both Obama and Osama (using their names as many times as possible) and then quickly read it out-loud. I'd be surprised if you didn't accidentally mix up their names at least once.
edit on 10-5-2011 by xFloggingMaryx because: typo

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Classic!

Get the "people" questioning themselves. Diversionary-GENIUS!

Meanwhile, hasn't a call gone out for any classmates of his to come forward and assert they remember him?

What? Nobody remembers Barry, that crazy pot-head party animal!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Its funny now, but then you die and go to hell. Why would god want something like that in heaven, so it really doesn’t matter.
Jesus died for your sins. Not for you to sin.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by BlasteR

Its funny now, but then you die and go to hell. Why would god want something like that in heaven, so it really doesn’t matter.

Do you think name calling and making aspersions is a sin? I'm just curious.

Live from the studios in Mom's Basement it's the B__ __ E Show.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySprings

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by BlasteR

Do you think name calling and making aspersions is a sin? I'm just curious.

Live from the studios in Mom's Basement it's the B__ __ E Show.

Pay no mind to that guy. He is so far gone nobody can help him. Check out some of his other posts/threads.. you'll see what I mean. Just ignore him.

Anyway, I don't think there is anything going on here. It's just a mixup. It seems people also mistakenly HEAR the wrong word too, for whatever reason.

When I told a few people about Osama's death, they thought I said OBAMA.

Makes sense really. Both names are pretty darn odd/uncommon to us westerners. Both names are nearly identical. OBAMA has been in the news and has been talked about more frequently than OSAMA in recent times, so we are used to saying and hearing "Obama" not "Osama"
edit on 11-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Oh, so if someone accidentally says Obama instead of Osama - notice the one letter difference - they're automatically an idiot? Interesting.. so, you've never once made a simple and common mistake then It seems? You're speech is flawlessly perfect I take it?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
You have to be in a real thick fog to screw up Obama with Osama. It is a conscious political attack, but one that needs to be looked past so as not to fall into the left-right baloney fed to use in spans of 4 and 8 years.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Originally posted by Hawking

Oh, so if someone accidentally says Obama instead of Osama - notice the one letter difference - they're automatically an idiot? Interesting.. so, you've never once made a simple and common mistake then It seems? You're speech is flawlessly perfect I take it?

Sorry buddy I was joking, wouldn't have said it if I'd known it was gonna get you all teary eyed.

I guess I'll think twice before insulting any newscasters/pundits/political figures from now on. Or I'll run it by you first so no one's feelings are hurt

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I think they all can identify obama with osama and are letting the public know that its time to retire the bastard before he get us all killed

ironic isn't it?

edit on 11-5-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Wow, relax..

If it looks like a serious comment, in a serious thread, It'll be taken seriously.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join