It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Invasive Technology Worth It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
We hear everyday about the ways that our technology is invading our privacy. but is it worth it? Our I-Phones are stealing our info, pictures with phones with GPS can be traced to the exact location it was taken, Our vehicles can track us, no matter where we are, our social networks are tracking everything we do from what we eat, where we are, to who we talk to the most.

Our internet providers know what sites we frequent. etc,. Can we say that we can go back to using a land line, writing a letter and sending it the mail, do we need the latest app, and twitter account, can we go back to meeting in a restaurant, or bar to catch up with friends without FB? Maybe a dinner with some friends to catch up?

We done want our privacy invaded, but we cant seem to let the little things go. We cant have it both ways. When will be tired enough? Will it take for us to have phones implanted in our ears? Do you know the phone number of any 10 random people on your social network account? The most personal and memorable photos, can they be kept for you to see in the future, if your phone is lost or damaged?

Have you sent more heart shapes in a message to someone you love, instead of telling them the words "I love you"? Do the 200 people on your friends list need to know that your eating at AppleBees for lunch? How many people still own a land-line phone at home in case of an emergency and your cordless doesn't work?

The reason I say these things is that there is a personal aspect to our species that we are ignoring, and not only are ignoring it, but we are voluntarily giving away our freedoms at the same time. Just a thought.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yes.

If people don't like it, they wouldn't use it.
All they do is buy it, complain on here, then continue using it in their daily lives.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
face-book, the greatest profiling tool there is, besides direct observation of course.

Sometimes i wonder why i hardy post on face-book don't use texting, ohh wait...

laugh out loud.

see OP above that's why.

any wireless device i believe can be hacked and/monitored.

new topics

join