It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Plan Could Cut Off 44 Million More From Medicaid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
www.time.com...

(WASHINGTON) — The House Republican budget would leave up to 44 million more low-income people uninsured as the federal government cuts states' Medicaid funding by about one-third over the next 10 years, nonpartisan groups said in a report issued Tuesday.

The study estimated that 36 million to 44 million people would lose coverage from the combined impact of the block grant and repealing Obama's law. Researchers said they gave a range to account for different approaches that states might take to reduce their Medicaid rolls. Under the worst case scenario, Medicaid enrollment would plunge by nearly 60 percent from current projected levels.

Up to 44 million if Obama's healthcare law is repealed to. I wonder how many would be cut off if Obama healthcare wasnt coming into effect?

What are the 36-44 million people uninsured supposed to do? How are the states supposed to come up with the money that the federal government is cutting?

BTW - This law has pretty much no chance of going through the senate, but some parts have the possibility of going through tho, the article says.

Another article - www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Sweet, the more people are weened off of the nanny state, the more people may have to learn to sustain themselves.

And for you saying it wont make it through Senate... you would be surprised what the dems will do to get some seats back. If they can get this pushed through, and blame it on the Republicans then they gain a ton of seats.
edit on 10-5-2011 by jssaylor2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

So, Medicaid doesn't pay health care providers anyway... and I thought Obam's wonderful universal Healthcare, was going to take care of us all anyway... Nice liberal news sources by the way, the Huffington Post, could you get any less creditable?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Cuts must be made. 44 million is a drop in the bucket for this program that is wrought with fraud.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Nice liberal news sources by the way, the Huffington Post, could you get any less creditable?

www.latimes.com...

www.pbs.org...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Very True!

My mother had to get a test done, and used her insurance and it cost around $400.00. She asked what the test really cost to administer, such as if she were to pay cash, and they told her 45 dollars. She asked why they charge the insurance companies so much and she said it was because they are NEVER paid by Medicare, or Medicaid, and have to get the money somewhere. That somewhere is from the insurance companies which leads to our ridiculous prices for health insurance.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It just means at least half of those people will increase their lifespans by not taking the doctor's poisonous drugs they are so fond of pumping us with. And people will go to the ER only if they absolutely positively have to...meaning it's life or death.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Nice liberal news sources by the way, the Huffington Post, could you get any less creditable?

www.latimes.com...

www.pbs.org...

news.yahoo.com...

exactly

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

BTW - This law has pretty much no chance of going through the senate, but some parts have the possibility of going through tho, the article says.

nothing the gop has a snowballs chance in hell of passing that budget so whats the point of the thread?

just to hate on the gop and everyone else jump on the bandwagon.

is this what ats has been reduced to

this country is in serious trouble but no no dont cut medicaid and what was the point of obama care then.

there aint enough money to go around people and the sooner you realize that the sooner we can fix things.

but wait fixing things serves no purpose because if everyone is happy there are no wedge issues.

bah just another hate on the right thread on a different day.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
First the budget will get shot down anyhow, but ultimately some serious cuts across the board need to occur. hard choices that will need to be done.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jssaylor2007
Sweet, the more people are weened off of the nanny state, the more people may have to learn to sustain themselves.

And for you saying it wont make it through Senate... you would be surprised what the dems will do to get some seats back. If they can get this pushed through, and blame it on the Republicans then they gain a ton of seats.

Spoken like a person who has no idea of what it is like to be completely disabled and not able to buy insurance, even if I could somehow afford it. Weaned, you say? Let me tell you something. I worked for over 40 years in America, in the service trades. When I became disabled, I was driving semi, hauling High Fructose Corn Syrup, I'll bet you have some in your house. I paid into my Social Security Trust fund, and Medicare came with it, only I pay for it. So now I am a low life? Sucking on the teet of the American worker? Is that what you think? If my Medicare is taken away, I will die, plain and simple.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Sounds like you may be a proponent for mandatory drug testing before being accepted for Federal Assistance then. When I see talk of cutting spending on federal programs I assume those who NEED (key word here is need) the assistance will continue to receive, while those who TAKE ADVANTAGE will not.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

44 million people a drop in the bucket? That's nearly 1/6 of US population.

Good idea lets take their food, their health care, their retirement, their home, send all the money overseas.
When enough people get pissed off, the revolution will begin.
edit on 10-5-2011 by TriggerFish because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by TriggerFish because: (no reason given)

join