It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wanna know why there are sheep?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones7885
reply to post by ExCommando

No riddles? The point I'm trying to make is that it is possible to dispel fears and inspire a sheep to do good without giving reasons to fight. The real war lies within the labyrinth we call a mind and once that war is won you no longer have a herd of sheep without souls. You have a herd of humans with souls that know what the f#$k is going on and what the hell to do because let's face it, the sheep are sheep because they're clueless and have been kept ignorant for their entire lives. It's about time Nature does it's part and show's the fearful sheep that there is nothing to fear. That fear is our worst enemy and that love is our best ally.

Ok, so in your previous comment, you stated;

You are no coward and neither is the rest of the herd! You will like the rest of the herd defend what is yours! And when there's nothing left to fight for.... well.... there's always something to fight for so no worries there

Yet above you claim that;

it is possible to dispel fears and inspire a sheep to do good without giving reasons to fight.

So ... is it about fighting, or not fighting?

Your statements do not make any sense - it's almost like you are writing without putting any thought into it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Eventually you will realize that no fight is actually a fight... merely a journey the same as any other.
When you inspire someone you do not give reasons to do something and that's called propaganda exactly what someone in the struggle won't want to hear. The sheep want hope and love plain and simple that is all it takes.

And yes fight! There will have to be a fight!! but not with a gun? not against each other... but for each other and with each other with the goal in mind being survival.
edit on 02/23/2011 by mrjones7885 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
reply to post by laiguana

How about psychological analyses on the human psyche showing that between 1-5% of humans, when faced with a crisis, are incapable of action? They just sit/stand there and watch as they perish at the hands of whatever "doom" has presented itself, frozen in shock. Or that 10% will die out of ignorance of what to do. These people will die of starvation or exposure as they wait for help that never comes.

Your numbers are completely wrong.

In most standardised studies, roughly 10% of people "freeze" in a disaster or crisis situation, whilst 80% do "nothing". Only 10% react - these 10% are generally ex-military / law enforcement types.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones7885
Eventually you will realize that no fight is actually a fight... merely a journey the same as any other.
When you inspire someone you do not give reasons to do something and that's called propaganda exactly what someone in the struggle won't want to hear. The sheep want hope and love plain and simple that is all it takes.

And yes fight! There will have to be a fight!! but not with a gun? not against each other... but for each other and with each other with the goal in mind being survival.
edit on 02/23/2011 by mrjones7885 because: (no reason given)

I don't mean to be rude, but people like you really shouldn't be allowed to post on websites such as this.

I've never heard such meaningless drivel.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If I could delete your post I would

***sigh***

Continue with your miserable life

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Great post, OP.

I've been saying for ages that if you replace CNN, Fox, and mainstream media news with the likes of Alex Jones, Jesse Ventura, and David Icke, you're simply (to use the sheep analogy) moving from one flock into another.

You're still being led around, blindly following the flock. Just that your sheepdog CNN has been replaced by your sheepdog Alex Jones.

Until you start doing all your own research, you're still not awake.

Personally, I wonder what happened to all those birds that dropped out of the sky in January, which everyone has conveniently forgotten about without anyone providing a single scrap of reliable information as to why it happened, or why the bees are still disappearing at alarming rates, or why Prince William is visiting California for "undisclosed reasons" at the same time that Bohemian Grove is on this year, or how the banks paid back all their TARP money using corporate tax write offs funded by the taxpayer (loses from previous years can be written off on future profits - so the taxpayer actually bailed out banks twice).

Never mind, most people claiming to be "awake" are more concerned with listening to Alex Jones try and spin the latest conspiracies about Osama Bin Laden.
edit on 11-5-2011 by babybunnies because: Spelling

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

The figures are sound and based on a study I did several years ago based on previous disasters, taking note of psychological effects and trauma on survivor victims which I called "survival algorithms". These statistics were taken from as far back as the 1906 San Francisco earthquake all the way up to the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami and 2005 hurricane Katrina.

*The numbers in the parentheses are based on a global disaster.

1-5% Will freeze out of fear and die. (70-350 million people) a.mortality 99.9% / a.life span 24 hours

10% Will die waiting for help that will never come (700 million people) a.mortality 79% / a.life span 2 weeks

10% Will mobilize into militia-like groups, storming areas like food banks and reservoirs, etc, to gather supplies. (700 million people) a.mortality 60-75% / a.life span 6 months - 2 years

30% Will successfully regroup or separate into peaceful communities, to try and maintain a "normal" existence. (2.1 billion people) a.mortality 10-15% / a.life span 10-30 years

40% Will freak the hell out; loot, riot, get killed trying to fight into bunkers, etc. (2.8 billion people) a.mortality 76% / a.life span 1 day - 5 months

5-9% Will prosper through gained knowledge of survival: survivalist, (ex)military, protected elite, militants. (350-630 million people) a.mortality 10% / a.life span 10-30 years

There are variables to be sure that may alter these figures, but these numbers are based on an average global catastrophe with non-lasting aftermath effects (no radiation/ no atmospheric particulates), likely a global pandemic or massive global earthquake/tsunami.
With a super volcano, comet/meteor strike, nuclear disaster, etc, the figures will obviously be changed drastically. Variables like location, race, age, sex, and relation to the chosen disaster are key factors to these figures changes as well.

...and I almost forgot: 0.2% will die with a camera in their hands.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Mactire because: none o' yo bit-ness!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mrjones7885

Yes there are sheep because we were not meant to fight and war with each other all the time. If we were everything that was created would have horns and thorny edges. We are soft and loving as we are meant to be.

No matter how many blasts go on around us and no matter how many times you strike us and try to get us to strike back and become warriors like yourself...we are loving and we will always stay that way.
Loving and trusting. We are an anomaly ourselves. Sheep. Go figure.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Doesn't bother me...there are too many humans in the world anyway. An epidemic really...It's not fair for our non-human neighbors.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Some bright person on here should come up with a test for sheepyness. Ask questions like "Do you think the government often lies to you?" or " If everyone was jumping off of a cliff, would you do it?".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join