It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

WikiLeaks founder given peace award

page: 2
37
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by thePharaoh
Peace award????

didnt this war mongeror start a conflict between iran and saudi arabia.....didnt he also try and start one between nkorea and china.....

hes caused nothing but a fresh wave of hate....hes a twat



All this "war mongeror" has done is expose the truth.

We should be so lucky to have someone brave enough as him in this world full of secrets and lies.

Regardless of the consequences of his actions, anyone who champions transparency in this age is well-deserving of recognition.


So why no leak or dirt on american presidents or american military leaders?




posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Good. He deserves it.
WikiLeaks has not done anything that websites like Public Intelligence, Cryptome and others hasn't done and continues to do.
The only difference is that WikiLeaks & Julian Assange got a major coup against the US and other governments because he released memos, docs and other papers that proved beyond a doubt that they are corrupt, evil and full of criminals.
I'm glad he was awarded that and hopefully this will inspire others to be as bold & brave as he is



posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 


Why do you think the US went after him so quick? It was there. And there is no telling what else may come from WL's.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
Screw that, he needs the Nobel prize, I mean Obama got it for what?? Being the first black President?? Julian Assange is a good man, even with all this sexual assault baloney, he kept a cool head. Good for him.



haahaha...for bieng the first black president lololololll


no..he got it for, iraq, afghan, health care, and especially for rejuvenating the image of the US in foreign lands.


For what?? They where throwing the prize at him his first month in office, he did nothing for it. What about Iraq? His heath care plan is a joke, and Rejuvenating the US image? LOL, China is laughing there way to the bank as the world abandons the Dollar. Obama is a disaster. He needs the Nobel Disaster award.

You guys and your obama cool aid.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I have to say for a man that had the guts to release the information in the form of wikileaks, He truly deserves the award - In an effort to allow all to know the real truths of hidden information from the public. His mission in life was to expose people for wrong doing and bring peace to all of us in the best possible way THE NET.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by thePharaoh
Peace award????

didnt this war mongeror start a conflict between iran and saudi arabia.....didnt he also try and start one between nkorea and china.....

hes caused nothing but a fresh wave of hate....hes a twat



All this "war mongeror" has done is expose the truth.

We should be so lucky to have someone brave enough as him in this world full of secrets and lies.

Regardless of the consequences of his actions, anyone who champions transparency in this age is well-deserving of recognition.
Well said. And anyone who champions suppression of the truth on the grounds of "ignorance is bliss" is a moron.

EDIT: CONGRATS JULIAN!


edit on 11-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Congratulations and good on him!
I still think he should get the Nobel Peace Prize!



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
Screw that, he needs the Nobel prize, I mean Obama got it for what?? Being the first black President?? Julian Assange is a good man, even with all this sexual assault baloney, he kept a cool head. Good for him.



haahaha...for bieng the first black president lololololll


no..he got it for, iraq, afghan, health care, and especially for rejuvenating the image of the US in foreign lands.


For what?? They where throwing the prize at him his first month in office, he did nothing for it. What about Iraq? His heath care plan is a joke, and Rejuvenating the US image? LOL, China is laughing there way to the bank as the world abandons the Dollar. Obama is a disaster. He needs the Nobel Disaster award.

You guys and your obama cool aid.


I don't know, I may be wrong, but I think that this was a tongue in cheek post that you responded to!



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This person deserves a peace prize just as much as Obama does!

Do the people who give out peace prizes live on a different planet than us??? Coz they certainly aren't giving out the prizes to anyone half decent!!!
edit on 11/5/11 by faryjay because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a good day for free speech and accountable journalism..

kx



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Whoohoo..Some peeps at the three-digit agencies are gonna blow a fuse. (Some peeps around here apparently already did...whahahaha)
The whole Wikileaks-debaucle proved that the western-world, especially the Anglo-saxon variety, isn't one bit better than China when "freedom of press" is concerned. They use 'dirty tricks' instead of limiting it by law, but the net-result is the same.

I love it!

edit on 5/11/2011 by diakrite because: typooos



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
Peace award????

didnt this war mongeror start a conflict between iran and saudi arabia.....didnt he also try and start one between nkorea and china.....

hes caused nothing but a fresh wave of hate....hes a twat


So you're suggesting Politicians and corporations should be allow to lie and deceive the people. And that anyone who dares bring forth the truth, which is our Democratic right, is a war monger.

Your logic is laughable.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance
 


If wikileaks really was the beacon of transparency they claim, and actually is releasing classified government documents into the wild, why on earth is that site still online while 80 or so torrent indexing sites have already bee seized with their new powers?

wikileaks itself started off good and people are working there for the good of the world, but it's a honey pot and is being tainted, just ask openleaks and the various wikileaks defectors.

i'm not sure if Julian actually deserves this or not, but wikileaks should be commended for the information they have released, but it should also be taken with a grain of salt for exactly the reason i stated above.

If it was that dangerous, the site would be long gone.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humint1
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 


Why do you think the US went after him so quick? It was there. And there is no telling what else may come from WL's.


The sudden flurry of allegations of all sorts of bloody weird rubbish (amongst it some from someone with ties to the CIA no less) suddenly popping out of the woodwork, One would think some people high-up got the sweat of true fear trickling down their spines. Killing someone is a bit too obvious, so they went for de-faming... didn't work too well.

Especially the rabid reaction from Great-Britain was a disappointment to me. If You'd believe the propaganda, Lassange was worse than the 9/11 hi-jackers. My goodness.



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Good to see he's been handed this award.

It's a shame i don't see him on the tele anymore though... Are "they" trying to sweep him under the carpet or something?



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh
 


If every governments true intentions were exposed, wouldn't those wars have gone on anyways?



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hah,

Julian ASSsange is just a frontman, WIKIleaks is just a front. THey are both talking heads for the release of "disinformation" through wikileaks...

So far they have released nothing of value to the real truth, only B.S. that supports the deception.

The whole "chasing assange around the world" was just a ploy to get your attention, and for sympathy. The dude works for disinformation...



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I find this hilarious for people who discredit him and slander him. At least he doesn't spend his time posting on boards such as this trying to argue about some man they have no affiliation is is a government disinfo agent or not


Some people on here act like they know everything about his character just because they read a couple of articles.
edit on 11-5-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Funny how ASSange and his WIKIleaks only release information that propagates the deception.. hmm..

Not surprised they gave him a peace award, they gave Obama one too. lol
edit on 11-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance
 




Fair play man.... he deserves it.

If we had more people like this, perhaps the politicians would think twice before they lied to us.




top topics



 
37
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join