It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder given peace award

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

www.heraldsun.com.au

WIKILEAKS founder and controversial figure Julian Assange was awarded the Sydney Peace Medal - an Australian peace and justice award - in London overnight. The Sydney Peace Foundation said it was honouring Mr Assange with its gold medal "in recognition of the need for greater transparency and accountability of governments".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wilikeaks has gone above and beyond the call of duty to provide transparency. He has protected his sources and his work has been translated into other languages.

The full article is well worth reading, but I have to say ... It's about time! Congrats to Julian for this well deserved award for his ongoing efforts for Peace and Justice!

So much for the debunkers, eh?

www.heraldsun.com.au

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Peace award????

didnt this war mongeror start a conflict between iran and saudi arabia.....didnt he also try and start one between nkorea and china.....

hes caused nothing but a fresh wave of hate....hes a twat

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thank you OP.
Very uplifting piece of news.

I can't think of anyone more deserving.

+3 more 
posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
Peace award????

didnt this war mongeror start a conflict between iran and saudi arabia.....didnt he also try and start one between nkorea and china.....

well im sure when rendition happens to you you will accept it as the cost
of your freedom

why try to derail the thread?
im sure australia can decide for themselves thanks and good bye

xploder

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

I am no fan of WikiLeaks founder, i have always found these leaks highly suspicious.
dont get me wrong i used to believe in WikiLeaks before but sadly after reading some of these leaks, it looks like nothing like a real classified file or classified documents

classified written documents always have blurred out blanked out under official government names etc.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thanks for fetching this to our attention OP made my day.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

xploder, what have his cables really told us....that some of our diplomats have coarse languge while communicating, then sliping in major war mongering lines like..."it is saudi arabia that has wanted america to stop irans nuclear programme..." that is a lie...if anyone has a problem with irans nuc.programme....its isreal...so why claim its saudi....have you seen the tension between the two escalate since...i have...look at barain.

those afghan videos of people getting killed means squat...the only significant effect was on a select foreign affairs.

he is playing you at your own game, and getting famous....keep an eye on his left hand peeps.

half of these cables, the significant part were INEVITABLY going to be released, but they let a "freedom fighter" release the most significant war mongering paperwork in the last 100yrs.....good on you.....

edit on 10-5-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My favorite leak was Hillary Clinton's communique to UN Staff to spy on staff from other countries.
Next stop, Noble Peace prize.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Surely the man must have some credence to earn such a prestigious human rights award... He was also among the nominees for the Nobel prize this Feb past. Russia and Australia are at least 2 countries that can see the value of this man?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Congratulations Julian, you totally deserve it for cutting through the smoke and mirrors of government, keep on fighting the good fight

Maybe when they know they can't hide their actions from the people they're supposed to represent, they'll think twice before doing something that undermines the cause of peace
edit on 10/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Screw that, he needs the Nobel prize, I mean Obama got it for what?? Being the first black President?? Julian Assange is a good man, even with all this sexual assault baloney, he kept a cool head. Good for him.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
Screw that, he needs the Nobel prize, I mean Obama got it for what?? Being the first black President?? Julian Assange is a good man, even with all this sexual assault baloney, he kept a cool head. Good for him.

haahaha...for bieng the first black president lololololll

no..he got it for, iraq, afghan, health care, and especially for rejuvenating the image of the US in foreign lands.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

haahaha...for bieng the first black president lololololll

no..he got it for, iraq, afghan, health care, and especially for rejuvenating the image of the US in foreign lands.

Well, I supported Obama's campaign for the presidency, and was glad when he got the position. But since then, I don't think he really earned his Nobel prize - a peace prize, no less.
The new boss turned out to be only marginally better than the old boss. There wasn't as much change as was being trumpeted during the campaign.

Assange, on the other hand, has my vote for a Nobel prize any day

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
Surely the man must have some credence to earn such a prestigious human rights award... He was also among the nominees for the Nobel prize this Feb past. Russia and Australia are at least 2 countries that can see the value of this man?

I feel like Assange plays both sides of the fence. He could go either way. But I don't think winning any kind of peace prize is necessarily a golden ticket for someone's character or intentions. For some reason our president got a peace prize?

Regardless, I very much agree with the idea of transparency and accountability of governments. I think the jury is yet to be out on wikileaks.

If there's this much disagreement, at least her on ATS, about wikileaks, it must be operating for good and bad.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm happy Assange has gotten some good press out of this, although they still throw the "sex crimes" jab in the article (and every news report at that).

He's one of the few people on our side, exposing the evils we can't see going on behind the curtains. He deserves this award and I hope he can continue to leak important information for a long time to come to show us what's going on behind closed doors.

Nobel Peace prize when he gives out the insurance password

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Peace award????

That is odd. I thought that you got a Peace Award before you start a war, not after.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance

www.heraldsun.com.au

WIKILEAKS founder and controversial figure Julian Assange was awarded the Sydney Peace Medal - an Australian peace and justice award - in London overnight. The Sydney Peace Foundation said it was honouring Mr Assange with its gold medal "in recognition of the need for greater transparency and accountability of governments".

Say what you will about Bradley Manning, perhaps he is a traitor, perhaps not. Wikileaks has done nothing but bring the truth to light, the fact that there are charges against him or the organization is truly disgusting.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Peace award????

All this "war mongeror" has done is expose the truth.

We should be so lucky to have someone brave enough as him in this world full of secrets and lies.

Regardless of the consequences of his actions, anyone who champions transparency in this age is well-deserving of recognition.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Very Nice, and well deserved!

Thanks OP!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join