It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another EQ Site predicting Increase in New Madrid Activity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Many of you know that I have been posting EQ increases over the last few Months and I have been trying to find patterns to connect the Japan EQ to Alaska and West Coast of N. America.

What I have been seeing are increases in activity from Mexico of course, up to Texas, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado areas.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, I'm not the only one. There are people reporting on ATS everyday that "something is up." Feeling tremors where none has occurred before and increases in Magnitude where they have.

Just thought I'd pass along another site that you may want to follow as it is up-to-date and unlike many other EQ sites, has actual members to meet and discuss what is happening. They are very vocal and interested on a subject discussed at length on ATS: "Why does the USGS remove data?

Here is the newest report (May 9) on the New Madrid Fault:

Pressure is building on the north American plate beyond the rocky mountain continental divide. As far north as the Cascadia range in the Pacific Northwest, south east to yellowstone, then further south east to georgia, up north to Montreal / New York … The threat of a new madrid earthquake , in my opinion, goes up ANOTHER notch, with the signs of more activity in the north east, extending along the faults down to Arkansas.

www.onearthquakes.com...

Also interesting is something that has been posted on ATS many times.

"Japan still is due for a VERY large quake.. in the 8.0+ range within the next 2 weeks."

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
S and F for you
Nice catch! You're doing a great job!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I was hoping the link took me to a site where some more discussion was ongoing. But, the little article was just a copy/paste job of a description of a Dutchsinse video.

Any other potential leads to follow?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiteNGale
I was hoping the link took me to a site where some more discussion was ongoing. But, the little article was just a copy/paste job of a description of a Dutchsinse video.

Actually, if you browse the Dutchsinse site, there are a number of posts and a few forums but I also use this:

www.canetalk.com...

Covers everything from EQ to Tornadoes and more.

Thanks

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ok, here's a site called Global Rumblings, on Jan 6th they published an article talking about the New Madrid fault 'waking up'

The New Madrid fault zone is six times bigger than the San Andreas fault zone in California and it covers portions of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi. The biggest earthquakes in the history of the United States were caused by the New Madrid fault. Now there are fears that the New Madrid fault zone could be coming to life again, and if a "killer earthquake" does strike it could change all of our lives forever.

CBS19 reported:

"We don't know much about the New Madrid Seismic Zone -- it's a fascinating and mysterious zone," Dr. Miller said. She explained that earthquakes are not felt as much in the central U.S. because "we are very far from a plate boundary." ...
Earthquakes usually occur along a plate boundary, Dr. Miller said, with the exception being the New Madrid Seismic Zone, which originates in the middle of a plate. "It really is a big puzzle," she said of the zone.

Geology . com has a great map.

There is broad agreement in the scientific community that a continuing concern exists for a major destructive earthquake in the New Madrid seismic zone.

There's even a New Madrid Earth Quake Site

Basically, it seems the jury is still out as to weather or not there will be any significant activity in the area, but the emergency planning work is amazing. They've been working on scenarios and preparing if in the event there will be a 'big one'.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Thank you!

Nice to see more info that we can follow. Great source.

I guess the only thing we can do is keep watching.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Keep trying to make your connections. We are all waiting for someone to get it right,..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
reply to post by jude11

Keep trying to make your connections. We are all waiting for someone to get it right,..

lol...We'll get there.

My only hope is that we get there before the quake does.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Way to put yourself on the ATS meter... Now just get some visual effects to go along with your OP and you will be doing what all the most respected members have discovered leads to that respect and readership.

As far as this thread I have to say it is further validation of something very serious about to happen not in the next 50 years as was being suggested just a year ago by the professionals with access to data, but an even closer event which calls for a quick response and pre-planning.

I am in the middle of Missouri and most precious family in Arizona, all I can hope for is that we can survive it, if that happens we can survive the aftermath for an extended period of time.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by jude11

Way to put yourself on the ATS meter... Now just get some visual effects to go along with your OP and you will be doing what all the most respected members have discovered leads to that respect and readership.

As far as this thread I have to say it is further validation of something very serious about to happen not in the next 50 years as was being suggested just a year ago by the professionals with access to data, but an even closer event which calls for a quick response and pre-planning.

I am in the middle of Missouri and most precious family in Arizona, all I can hope for is that we can survive it, if that happens we can survive the aftermath for an extended period of time.

At the beginning of your post, I couldn't tell if it was sarcasm, a flame or whatever.

Having read through the rest, Got it.

Yes, the "Next 50 yrs theory" in my opinion, is indicative of 2 things.

1. An inherent need to deny the facts due to not wanting to come face to face with a reality that is more horrifying than anything experienced in our 'Safe & secure' existence

2. A lack of personal research with a mindset to trust the 'Professionals' and that we will know what will happen with time to prepare.

I can't abide with either of these mindsets due to an abundance of information out there that only takes the time and dedication to connect the dots, so to speak.

I for one, will continue to try & connect the dots. I don't want to be caught un-prepared.

After all, as in my signature, "If I'm wrong, no harm done. However, If I'm right...

Thanks.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Never been considered a flamer, dont see any reason to start now. Was not sarcasm as I am not in a very playful mood when it comes to this subject.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by jude11

Never been considered a flamer, dont see any reason to start now. Was not sarcasm as I am not in a very playful mood when it comes to this subject.

Agreed,

And Thank you.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It is a statistical fact that something is up with the Pacific Plate.
Lots of activity in the last 6 years and in the last 6 months.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
It is a statistical fact that something is up with the Pacific Plate.
Lots of activity in the last 6 years and in the last 6 months.

Actually, the last 6 weeks have been more telling.

Seems more people are on board also.

Noticed another forum here:

strictlyhonest.com...

Looking at Natural Earth Info. It'll be interesting to follow these people as well.

* ImpactEarth!
* Monitor Disasters »
o CERI
o CSEM-EMSC
o Disaster and Emergency AlertMap
o GDACS
o Global Incident Map
o IRIS
o LISS
o USGS Hazards
o USGS Seismograms
* Monitor Oceans »
o Buoy Alerts
o Data Buoy Center
o Pacific Tsunami Warnings
o West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warnings
* Monitor Space Weather »
o BRI Neutrons
o CCMC
o Moscow Neutrons
o NASA
o NICT
o SpaceWeather
o SW ANALYSIS SYSTEM
o SW Prediction Center
* Monitor Weather »
o RealClimate
o THQ
o Weather Underground
o WeatherOnline (Fukushima maps)
* Timewave2012
* Watch the Sun »
o LASCO
o SDO
o SOHO
o Solar Monitor
o SolarCycle24
o SolarIMG
o SolarSoft
o STEREO
o SWR
* Watch Volcanoes »
o Volcanism
o VolcanoCams Worldwide
* Worldmapper

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiteNGale

Here's another site I've been watching. Haven't joined but it seems worth watching:

strictlyhonest.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

IF ALREADY POSTED, I APOLOGIZE
hamptonroads.com...
VIRGINIA RESIDENTS REPORT SHAKING

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by njl51
reply to post by jude11

IF ALREADY POSTED, I APOLOGIZE
hamptonroads.com...
VIRGINIA RESIDENTS REPORT SHAKING

Doesn't matter, bring it in and let's sort this thing out.

Thanks for your input.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by njl51

This wasn't reported on the VA news tonight. Sigh-what else is new. Thanks for the information.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yep, seems like it isn't letting up yet:

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

92 minutes ago
Magnitude: 3.9
DateTime: Wednesday May 11 2011, 19:06:14 UTC
Region: Colorado
Depth: 5 km

top topics

join