It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry freudian slip?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
"We will double our Special Forces to conduct terrorist operations, anti-terrorist operations, and we will provide our troops with the newest weapons and technology to save their lives and win the battle."-John Kerry.
Read the transcript here.
I originally got this from infowars.com, on that website it had the link I have posted above for the transcript as it has already been deleted from most transcripts in the US. Now, it could have been just a mistake, but IMO I don't think it was a mistake. What do you fellas think?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well theres honosty for you.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It seems like they deleted that part on purpose. After all, we don't want everyone knowing that they conduct terrorist operations.

It may also be an indication that if Kerry is appointed to office, Al-Qaeda will still be alive and well.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
...or maybe it could have just been a mistake with no meaning whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just a bad day at the office for the speechwriter and a small correction by a speechmaker.

Many in the US audience would hear "terrorist operations" when conducted by the US as "anti-terrorist operations", even when those operations are are based on falsified evidence and involve an unprovoked incursion into a sovereign foreign nation. Such is the trained ear of the "average American".

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Masked Avatar, I hear what you're saying. What's anti-terrorist operations in the eyes of the people running these operations, is terrorist operations nonetheless to the people of the country we are invading. It's all in how you look at it, I suppose. I bet an average person in Iraq sees no difference in our anti-terrorist operations and terrorist operations, especially in the eyes of a child who sees nothing more than people from a foreign land taking over their land.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by USAFSF]

new topics

top topics

join