It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You One of 23,000 Defendants in the US' Biggest Illegal Download Lawsuit?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Now THIS is where I draw the friggin line....

THIS particular type of nonsense just has to go

Share Netflix in Tennessee, go to jail Visiting a friend in Tennessee and want to log into their Netflix account to watch movies on the computer or TV? Don't even think about it. The governor there just signed into law a groundbreaking bill that makes it a crime to use a friend’s login — even with permission — to do so. Ditto for the music service Rhapsody.

Source for Above

I wholeheartedly support intellectual property, but this is so far out of control, that it doesn't even belong in LEGISLATION, never mind having passed. Unbelievably dangerous precedent being set here, and it needs to stop.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

I would love to know how they plan on trying to enforce that steaming pile of crap right there......

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Honestly, so would I!

I refuse to believe anyone who is a regular citizen, just like me, would condone any such nonsense by their elected official?

Lacking that, what is this, a dictatorship? Is everyone little Chris Christie's now? (the NJ Governor who thinks he is king of new jersey).

Strongly worded letters are starting to seriously lose their efficacy.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

That kind of reminds me how one cannot copyright typeface.
But, all together, the issue of copyright has always been a problem for me, in theory.
In practice, it seems to have been brought out in a bad light from the beginning.
This being my point against copyright in theory:
If someone wants something, bad enough, they'll do their damndest to get it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I was thinkin of sending our "representatives" each their very own steaming piles of dog crap, so they know how I truely feel about the bangup job they been doing.....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I was thinkin of sending our "representatives" each their very own steaming piles of dog crap, so they know how I truely feel about the bangup job they been doing.....

LOL.....please do.

I think it will take even more than sh.....poop get them to do the right thing though, they CREATE the crap then enjoy wallowing in it and leave us to clean it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join