It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Green Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I stumbled upon the fact that in 2008 a version of the Bible was published that was green. Not only green in color but green in content as well. Printed on recycled paper and using soy ink this Bible is the greenest Bible I have ever seen.

Looking into it more I found that the passages of the Bible that refer to the earth are highlighted in, you guessed it, green. Just as the words of Christ are highlighted in other Bibles this one only highlights the passages that refer to the earth. There must be some kind of justification for not considering the main character here.

It is reasoned by the publishers that the word love only appears in the Bible 530 times. The word heaven only appears 490 times. The earth, in contrast, is referenced over 1000 times and is therefore brought to the attention of the soon to be inspired Eco Friendly readers.

This version of the Bible has been produced by HarperOne Publishers in a joint effort with the Sierra Club, the Humane Society and the Eco Justice Program of the National Council of Churches. These clubs and publishers and Churches seemed to be pretty straight forward. So I began looking into them a little bit more.

HarperOne Publishers is an imprint of HarperCollins publishers. One of the largest distributors of books in the world. HarperCollins is a subsidiary of News Corporation which is the worlds third largest media conglomerate and the worlds third largest in the entertainment world. I seem to recall a recent deal in which HarperCollins even struck a distribution deal with Disney. Under their belt they also have Zondervan Publishers which is the worlds largest publisher of Christian books. I was interested to find that HarperCollins publishes the Satanic Bible by Anton La Vey as well.

The Sierra Club is the oldest and largest most influential environmental group inside the United States. The Club was founded by John Muir in 1892. Muir began his campaign by stressing that the beautiful wilderness was something that should be conserved and saved which meant that no one should be allowed to go there actually. The Club grew and now has its own lobbying office in Washington D.C. In 2009 donors to the Club were individually recorded to be donating around 1 million dollars plus and they were all anonymous supposedly. There is no doubt about the Club's affiliation with the globalist organization The Club Of Rome.

The Limits to Growth Abstract established by Eduard Pestel. A Report to The Club of Rome - We
strongly believe that many of the technological developments mentioned here--recycling, pollution-control
devices, contraceptives--will be absolutely vital to the future of human society if they are combined with
deliberate checks on growth. We would deplore an unreasoned rejection of the benefit of technology as
strongly as we argue here against an unreasoned acceptance of them. Perhaps the best summary of our position is the motto of the Sierra Club : "Not blind opposition to progress, but opposition to blind progress".

www.scribd.com...

The Humane Society of the United States is headquartered out of Washington D.C. and it is the largest and wealthiest animal activist organization in the world. Founded in 1954 as a society that was bringing awareness to what they deemed to be animal cruelty they have since grown and now enjoy world wide influence. The Humane Society has its own lobbying affiliate called HSLF that wants to build an army of trained activists that assist in passing animal protection laws and put into office their perception of humane candidates.

The Eco Justice Program of the National Council of Churches is directly affiliated and endorses the Earth Charter. The Earth Charter is a global declaration of fundamental values and principles. The Church seeks to get beyond religious beliefs and define national interests. They want to reorient society by expanding and altering its sacred foundations. The Earth Charter office is stationed at the Earth Council in Costa Rica and is under the leadership of Maurice Strong. Are we starting to see a globalist pattern in the groups, corporations and Churches that have endorsed this Green Bible?

Those are the four globalist organizations that have inspired the Green Bible. This Green Bible is deemed to be the definitive green movement Bible and shows us how God is green and would like us to be too. It contains commentary on how to read it through a green lens and offers a Green Bible Trail Guide as well to guide the malleable and uncertain environmentalist.

The ties to massive global entities is undeniable here. The agenda is clear.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Your thoughts are appreciated.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Excellent find and some wonderful research. Starred and flagged. It seems that the Green Movement and the Climate Control initiatives being pushed by our friends at the Club of Rome are really pulling out all the stops as they turn to the Bible even to promote the eco friendly world, that can only become eco friendly with a lot of new laws, regulations and additional taxes.

Is this an overt manipulation of the religious once more to embrace a shift in society by the State convincing society this is what the one and only accepted God wishes, by making a case for that through selective use of the Bible.

It sure seems that way.

Is it blasphemy or will Christians finally see it as fuller recognition by the Government of what God supposedly wants, and rejoice in the attention while going along with the Climate Control programs?

Very interesting. The incredible adaptable Bible is once more recieving a new interpretation through a new selective look at what's in it.

Excellent find.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
whats a green bible? Is it a bible that tells you what type of weeds to smoke?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Is it blasphemy or will Christians finally see it as fuller recognition by the Government of what God supposedly wants, and rejoice in the attention while going along with the Climate Control programs?

It seems like a shameless way to push an agenda. Seriously, they've outdone themselves.

What message does this send to people? Look, God is getting with the times and is green too!!!

ECUMENICAL CHRISTIANITY AND THE EARTH CHARTER Dieter T. Hessel, Ph.D., Director, Program on Ecology, Justice and Faith Humanity belongs to one oikoumene (household) -- community of ecumenical earth --that now needs to observe common ethical standards for the sake of justice, peace, and integrity of creation. In an ever more interdependent world, human responsibility must be guided by global ethics that are congruent with basic values the world's cultures and religions hold in common. As one ecumenical leader put it: The church, together with other living faiths, should seek a global ethics based on shared ethical values that transcend religious beliefs and narrow definitions of national interests.

www.earthcharterinaction.org...

This all sounds very warm and fuzzy but we know better.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TgP3o6

No man, it is so green that you can actually smoke it! Today we're smoking the book of Romans. Everyone open your books to the appropriate pages.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I would never do such a thing!

I swear it on my mothers grave!

Got to go mom's on the phone.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I wonder how this ties in to the "Green Man" of the Rosslyn Chapel. I always thought the green man motifs in these medieval churches were kind of creepy as well as being a hidden message of some kind. Could it be that in the past a "green movement" has heralded destruction of population as a "solution" to environmental problems?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
I wonder how this ties in to the "Green Man" of the Rosslyn Chapel. I always thought the green man motifs in these medieval churches were kind of creepy as well as being a hidden message of some kind. Could it be that in the past a "green movement" has heralded destruction of population as a "solution" to environmental problems?

That's a very interesting theory.

That could be entirely possible when we consider the Nuclear Radioactivity found in some ancient sites in Africa.

Advanced civilizations of humans or similiar species might have over taxed the planets resources on more than one occassion.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by TgP3o6

No man, it is so green that you can actually smoke it! Today we're smoking the book of Romans. Everyone open your books to the appropriate pages.

The Paper doesn't have Dioxin in it? The ink ( soy ) ... from genetically modified Soya? Far from "Green" ... but, is a prime example of the appropriation of "environmental / ecological... Green" .... It almost seems a new generation is being prepared for the gov / corporate "green".... Where all is "carbon"... while the same preachers of "Green" continue to poison all, through either ignorance ( many an expert or professional is ignorant ), or through deliberate intention and agenda.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Serafine

It almost seems a new generation is being prepared for the gov / corporate "green".... Where all is "carbon"... while the same preachers of "Green" continue to poison all, through either ignorance ( many an expert or professional is ignorant ), or through deliberate intention and agenda.

Oh I'm sure there is no ignorance in what they are proposing this green Bible is. They know there is no way to mass produce a book then turn around and tell everyone that its construction and materials are so called green. It takes an industrial process to create the thing. Anyone with a brain can figure out that it is far from green.

The poisoning part is not due to ignorance either. They are mentally poisoning and physically poisoning us all with their agendas and goals. This agenda and goal was so apparent to me that I had to make a thread about it. Even if it isn't too popular, I did still want to get the information out there. Thanks for the information!

new topics

top topics

join