It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Supreme Court, Barbour deny stay of execution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
source

The U.S. Supreme Court and Gov. Haley Barbour have denied requests to halt the execution of condemned killer Benny Joe Stevens tonight.

Stevens, 52, is scheduled to be put to death by lethal injection shortly after 6 p.m. at the State Penitentiary at Parchman for killing four people, including two children, in Marion County in 1998

Well, here we go. In just under an hour from this posting, Mississippi puts to death its first death row inmate for 2011. There are 2 more scheduled for this month.

Now, I know that not all people agree on the death penalty and I try to respect your right to your opinion, but sometimes a person just does not deserve to be among the living and certainly should not be a burden in an already overtaxed society.
The subject of tonight's lethal injection holds no remorse for what he did, has never apologized and even admitted his guilt (in a manner of speaking). This is the perfect candidate, if I have ever seen one. He does not contribute to the betterment of society in any way or aspect, rather has chosen a life path that makes him a social, financial, and psychological drain on society.

I have not done as much research on the two scheduled to follow in the weeks ahead so I cannot comment on them, as I will not just assume they need to die because a judge said so.

I believe in the use of the death penalty, but only in its wise use, reserved for those few that actually deserve that fate.

new topics

join