It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My favorite part of the Bible: The Zombie outbreak!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Don't be so sure on that one. Even Pontius Pilate, the man who ordered the execution of Jesus is very hard to find information on. There is however proof one Mr Pilate was in charge of the prefecture of Judea in the right time period below:

www.christiancourier.com...

It could just be that the whole Christianity thing annoyed the Romans so much that they had all traces of him scrubbed from their records. After all they tried their hardest to stamp the religion out for a start. They are not the only ones who have engaged in that tactic if that is the case....

There is circumstantial evidence of his existence here in this wikipedia article too

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

The idea of incorrupt bodies is actually something I'm quite aware of...and it was actually one of the things that tipped me out of Catholicism as they're mostly shams or not all that incorrupt at all.

But...it's still a bunch of dead people rising out of graves. Whether or not they're decomposed...people would be freaked out to see a bunch of people who they know died already coming out of the grave. Hell, just seeing graves open up. Imagine if someone is visiting Aunt Dorothy at her grave and then some saintly guy next to her comes out of the grave. Freaky stuff.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Except...that the Christian church wasn't all that persecuted by the Romans. They were just another cult, a lot of which were found in the Roman empire. Sure, they were used as a scapegoat by Nero...but Nero was a crazy mofo who needed a scapegoat and used a minority.

The other interesting factor is that we have evidence of the census that is described in one of the nativity stories, and we also have evidence of Herod (the one who supposedly had John the Baptist decapitated)...but our evidence conflicts with the reports given of the life of Jesus.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Quick refutation: they went into the holy city. There is no other way to render the Greek but to say that these risen bodies entered into Jerusalem of their own free will.

εἰσέρχομαι eiserchomai
εἰς eis

They moved themselves into the holy city, so those post-hoc apologetics tend to fall apart. Sure, if they had just 'risen from their graves', it might be feasible to state that it's a dramatic rendering of people being tossed out of their tombs in an earthquake. But they also entered into the city and were seen by people. Oh, and it's only 'saints' or 'holy people'...this means that it would be an awfully selective earthquake.

Oh, and of course Paul would ignore Matthew...it hadn't been written yet. Paul's writings are the oldest texts in the Bible.

Again, post-hoc argument is post-hoc.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You don't really believe there was a zombie's outbreak, yet here you are making the argument for this scenario.
In the end we actually agree there was no Zombies. Your arguing for a scenario that you don't even believe happened makes me think of this clip.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I'm not arguing that there was a zombie outbreak, I'm arguing that the text says that there was a zombie outbreak for which there is no supporting historical evidence. I also happen to actually consider Mattew 27 my favorite part of the whole book. The zombie part has something to do with it, but I think it's just how over the top that part is in general. It has melodrama, zombies, natural disasters, wholesale destruction of large buildings. It's got something for everyone.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
S+F

From what the passage suggests - Jesus's ressurection seemed to be something quite typical at the time.

Unique? I don't think so? Divine? Perhaps not.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Actually, we are both right. Hard to debate in that case.
I don't think I said the books of the Bible were the only history books.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
if you enjoy the comedy styling of the bible you might like
All True Bible Stories for Children
www.alltruebible.com...

here’s a good one
www.alltruebible.com...

but my favourite is
www.alltruebible.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Zombie games are pretty popular so this is actually the idea of my next flash game.

Look out for it!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join